Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Chapter Master Urist. (WH40K SG) The Exploratory Crusade  (Read 6761 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master Urist. (WH40K SG) The Exploratory Crusade
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2018, 06:55:31 pm »

By the time you reach the comand deck the Magos is already opening a vox link with the Star Serpent for you.

"Grand Moff Trosco it appears the Borg vessel was not completely destroyed in our previous engagement.
It has fled away with a contingent of our workers aboard, though I am unsure if our astropath can guide us through the warp this far from the Emperors light.
We would appreciate any assistance you can provide us against these resilient abomination’s."

"Chapter Master Urist of course we will aid you, the Star Serpent is still undergoing repairs but we can fight again." The moff sounds like she wants a rematch with the borg.

"Good to hear it from you Grand Moff Trosco.
Now in order to protect your ship from the Borg Borders I would be willing to lend you several squads of battle brothers for your vessel. "
"and i will be grate full to haven aboard."
You make a few more preparations for your joint voyage and close then vox link.

"Sever the link Mago's, and attempt to hail Captain Jen Luc Picard his people seem to have some familiarization with these borg."
There's no holo image of Picard or sign of contact when you start the message.

"Captain Picard I have inferred from our last meeting you have faced these Borg before, we have apparently improperly crippled there vessel in our prior engagement and they have warped away through unknown means with some of our scavenge crew.
We would appreciate any expertise you can offer in fighting this foe as well as any assistance that may be available."
There's no reply back, nothing to even show if they will even get your message, you hope that he does but sub-light messages are slow maybe too slow.

Once the marines are aboard the Star Serpent, you give the order for a warp jump and the mago's start discharging the vast power-banks that start the fire of your warp-engine.

The warp is strange, too calm almost glasslike in it smoothness but you know all to well the monsters and strange thing hide in it depths. 

Then something pulls you out of the warp as the mass sensors wails in alarm.
You stare wide eye out of the viewing hatch, "God Emperor.. help us all"
A vast beast hangs in the void before you, the size of it is almost indescribable, it's massive far beyond anything you have ever seen, larger by far then a tyranid hive ship or a space hulk.
Maybe the ship yards of luna and mars are bigger but this is here  and hungry with a mouth bigger then some planets moons it eats the asteroid ring of a planet.

It's blue green eyes detect your ship and slowly it shifts towards you, with teeth alone are larger then Imperatoris Sagitta, you know that your not a mouse be for a cat but something lesser then that.
Then the warp splashes back around you and the beast is gone.

The rest of the journey is uneventfull and you soon arrive at small asteroid field.
Star Serpent sits there, it's damage all repaired and you can see work crews repainting the hull
"You've finally arrived, we had almost given up hope, fearing you lost some where." Grand Moff Trosco opens a hail.
"I take it you've been her a while then?"
"Yes, three days but so have they, of a week at the least, luckily for us there keeping out of our way some where on the other side of asteroid field but why?
"There wound too, we should move in for the kill and finish the job."

As you end the hail, there a crew man that urgently hands you a data slate.

"We have a Vox traffic intersect for you chapter master."
"ZZZ..I don't care how you got about Talyn nor does he but you "miss" Crotwell will be departing as soon as we reach the next tradeworld.
And in the mean time you will cease your incessant rabbleing about this changer of ways, am i clear?
ZZZ-ZZ.. and stand up strait when i'm speakingZZZ--ZZ"

"is there more of this? and where did we detect it?
"No theTransmission end there sir, that's all of it.
The tech priest coulden't say where sir."
"Vary well but this is worrying new, inform the Canoness."

You sit down at the desk and wounder just how you will attack the borg cube, there two ships in your feet now,

1) Harass it with light fighters?
2) Long ranged bombardment
3) Sneak in close and open with a full broadside?
3) Ram it at full speed and despach boarders

The Exploratory Crusade Feet Details

Vessels

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2018, 07:21:09 pm »

Magos sound general quarters we move to battle, all ahead forward route us through the asteroid belt and bring us to a broad side, once we are within broadside range dispatch our boarding craft. Contact the Star Serpent and inform them of our plan ask them if they can provide a fighter screen for our boarding craft and advise them to remain behind us and allow our vessel to take the brunt of incoming fire. Also advise the ships arms men and the guard on board to spread out there bolters, autocannons, meltas, plasmas, and flamers evenly they will be the key to defeating any boarders.

(Chapter Vox)
Battle Brothers prepare for action today we go to fight and die for the Glory of the God Emperor our foe is implacable and unknown, do not underestimate them. Boarding crews seek critical infrastructure on the enemy vessel and destroy it if a bridge can be located set up a deepstrike beacon and i will personally join you in the final assault against our enemies leader. Brothers remaining on the Imperatoris  Sagitta spread yourself among the vessel focusing around key locations weapons banks, ammo caches, fuel cells. and generators the enemy has strangely well performing teleportariums that may ignore our shielding. If you can without sacrificing the defense of vital areas around the ship assist the guardsmen and arms men in the defense of the vessel provide support where possible.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2018, 04:51:24 am »

Magos sound general quarters we move to battle, all ahead forward route us through the asteroid belt and bring us to a broad side, once we are within broadside range dispatch our boarding craft. Contact the Star Serpent and inform them of our plan ask them if they can provide a fighter screen for our boarding craft and advise them to remain behind us and allow our vessel to take the brunt of incoming fire. Also advise the ships arms men and the guard on board to spread out there bolters, autocannons, meltas, plasmas, and flamers evenly they will be the key to defeating any boarders.

(Chapter Vox)
Battle Brothers prepare for action today we go to fight and die for the Glory of the God Emperor our foe is implacable and unknown, do not underestimate them. Boarding crews seek critical infrastructure on the enemy vessel and destroy it if a bridge can be located set up a deepstrike beacon and i will personally join you in the final assault against our enemies leader. Brothers remaining on the Imperatoris  Sagitta spread yourself among the vessel focusing around key locations weapons banks, ammo caches, fuel cells. and generators the enemy has strangely well performing teleportariums that may ignore our shielding. If you can without sacrificing the defense of vital areas around the ship assist the guardsmen and arms men in the defense of the vessel provide support where possible.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2018, 04:43:32 pm »

(Chapter Vox)
+1

"Magos sound general quarters, We move to battle!
Captain, all engines ahead forward,route us through the asteroids and bring us in to a broad side.
Gunnery ready a broadside, and cripple that cube!
Shuttle crews, stand ready for boarding action we're going in to finish the kill." you give the orders.

"Coms, Contact the Star Serpent." the serf nods and with a click the image of Grand Moff Trosco arrears on the viewscreen.

"Grand Moff Trosco, we will engage first, you remain behind us and let our shields take any counter fire.
If you can provide a fighter screen for our boarding craft, then our marines can board it then we can cripple there ship from the in side."
"Agreed, that worked last time, ready to deploy TIE fighters on on your command".
You close the screen and start giving other orders.

"The Boarding crews seek critical infrastructure on the enemy vessel and destroy it.
Each squad will carry a deepstrike beacon, find there center of resistance and i personally with the teleported squad will join you in the assault.

And Brothers remaining on the Imperatoris Sagitta spread yourself among the vessel focusing around key locations weapons banks, ammo caches, fuel cells. and generators the enemy has strangely well performing teleportariums that may ignore our shielding.

The asteroid field is dense enough to slow your travel and it partly cloud your sensors but finally you reach a firing angle.

You get a moment to view the cube as the vast guns of Imperatoris Sagitta are raised to fire.
The cube is still blackened and scared from your last battle, it the asteroid below that intrigues you, the building some kind of mining camps dot it.

"Brace!" the gunnery captain shouts the warning before you feel the broadside rock thru you, ears ring as Imperatoris Sagitta deadly payload starts to cross the void.

A flash of green laser sears across the back void, and you see the warheads detonate in the void.
"Switch Macrocannons to Palliser shot!" the gunnery captain shouts, "Engines forwards! and turn! bring up the torpedoes in to line" the Captain roars.
You head to the teleportation chamber, as every shot rocks the ship the air starts to reek of ozone.

You switch to boarding party's com net and give a short speach
"Battle Brothers prepare for action today we go to fight and die for the Glory of the God Emperor our foe is implacable and unknown, do not underestimate them.
For the Emperor!"

Then you have to wait... until the energys start to move around you.
As you hurtle across space thru the warp you see:

1) A group of Spacemarrines fighting the Borg
2) A six armed Crustacean sat in front of a control panel
3) A furred giant with a steel crossbow in his hands.

----------------
The Exploratory Crusade Feet Details

Vessels

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2018, 05:43:02 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2018, 09:37:24 am »

+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]