Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone up for a Succession game?  (Read 1566 times)

JohannesBaguette

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Anyone up for a Succession game?
« on: August 11, 2018, 10:42:02 am »

Hello! I'm pretty much I a newb to Dwarf Fortress, (Three months in fact!) But I think I got a grasp on the basics on how to run a Fortress. Plus ever since I finished reading "Boatmurdered," I always wanted to do a succession game! 

Here are the settings:

-Standard Beginners World
       -Medium size
       -Short History
       -Number of Civs are Medium
       -Medium number of sites
       -Medium number of beasts
       -Very low Natural Savagery
       -And finally, Mineral occurrence is everywhere

There will be no Beginners starter pack.

Here's some info about our Fortress
Name-Gatetrails
Civilization-Monom Oegred or The Mysterious Tome

(Max ten volunte...er...players)

Anyone interested?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Anyone up for a Succession game?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 06:22:40 pm »

There's a couple succession fort currently on-going, and at least two that are in need of players. While starting a succession game is of course not prohibited in any way, I'd like to suggest trying these out so that the potential players don't spread out over a dozen forts, leading to all of them possibly perishing from lack-of-players-itis.

(mostly) on-going forts:
Mountainbreed - a succession fort town, everything must be built above ground  (players needed/requested)
Usnuspstrasp - a succession fort in a world with almost no dwarves, the goal being to rebuild dwarven civilization (players needed/requested)
Noob Fortress/Labortaxed - a basic no-mod fort, meant to be especially noob-friendly, has not yet started
Simple Fort - just a simple no-mod no-challenge fort
Bandithorses - the goal is to steal all the artifacts in the world
Breakfastpit - a farm-fort with the goal of feeding the world
Lostshore - a human succession fort
Earth 100AD - a succession world rather than a fort, using a projection of earth as the in-game map
Shatterfates - a succession fort where the usage of both wood and stone is strictly prohibited

half-dead forts:
Slaughterhelm - the third in a series, with two finished legacy games before it
Bloodyhells - a really long-going fort, seemingly abandoned due to FPS death
Goldsilver - a succession game in a world filled with Pokémon, due to the Pokémon mod being a thing
Throwback Fortress - a succession fort set in one of the very early Dwarf Fortress versions

I hope that helped.

JohannesBaguette

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a Succession game?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 05:54:50 am »

There's a couple succession fort currently on-going, and at least two that are in need of players. While starting a succession game is of course not prohibited in any way, I'd like to suggest trying these out so that the potential players don't spread out over a dozen forts, leading to all of them possibly perishing from lack-of-players-itis.

(mostly) on-going forts:
Mountainbreed - a succession fort town, everything must be built above ground  (players needed/requested)
Usnuspstrasp - a succession fort in a world with almost no dwarves, the goal being to rebuild dwarven civilization (players needed/requested)
Noob Fortress/Labortaxed - a basic no-mod fort, meant to be especially noob-friendly, has not yet started
Simple Fort - just a simple no-mod no-challenge fort
Bandithorses - the goal is to steal all the artifacts in the world
Breakfastpit - a farm-fort with the goal of feeding the world
Lostshore - a human succession fort
Earth 100AD - a succession world rather than a fort, using a projection of earth as the in-game map
Shatterfates - a succession fort where the usage of both wood and stone is strictly prohibited

half-dead forts:
Slaughterhelm - the third in a series, with two finished legacy games before it
Bloodyhells - a really long-going fort, seemingly abandoned due to FPS death
Goldsilver - a succession game in a world filled with Pokémon, due to the Pokémon mod being a thing
Throwback Fortress - a succession fort set in one of the very early Dwarf Fortress versions

I hope that helped.

Thanks! I'll check them out!