Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Crucible Princess [Update 6: Savage Beasts]  (Read 5821 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Crucible Princess [Update 6: Savage Beasts]
« on: August 11, 2018, 05:59:39 pm »

GET IN HERE NERDS WE'RE RAISING A PRINCESS

-Begin
-Begin without backstory you uncultured swine
-Violate causality

Good to know where we stand.

Please don't name either butts please don't name either butts please don't name either butts

Please choose a delivery option.

Please be older than the princess please be older than the princess please be older than the princess

"When would you say it all started to go wrong?"

Finally, our daughter will need a blood tie, because she's the corniest horror villain.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:53:26 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 01:49:23 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible Princess [Princess Maker 2]
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 06:06:25 pm »

Time to make the *best dad*

Surname: Helbindr. A good wizardly dad name. Best dad. No bias.

Name: Nullaria

Birthday: April 1st

Birthday2: July 30

Blood Type: AB
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 06:50:55 pm »

I wanna go back in time!

For the Princess, where are we at in the alphabet?  I though we were going alphabetically.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 10:02:53 pm »

I wanna go back in time!

For the Princess, where are we at in the alphabet?  I though we were going alphabetically.

You might be thinking of Long Live the Queen. That said, I support Derm's opinion on naming. Nullaria was her mother's name, god bless her dead ass soul.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 02:28:47 am »

I wanna go back in time!

You might be thinking of Long Live the Queen. That said, I support Derm's opinion on naming. Nullaria was her mother's name, god bless her dead ass soul.
That was indeed in Long Live the Queen, but we did briefly get to C for Chillodie.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 06:55:30 pm »

Update 1: Swag

They didn't mention Heaven's grace enough, so Heaven sent demons to murder them all. I can't imagine why the people weren't blabbering nonstop about Heaven's grace.

Being peaceful made it extra easy for Heaven to righteously massacre them all.

Judgemental wandering asshole appears out of nowhere, eh? TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME

Did I mention overpowered wandering asshole?

You guys are missing out on a fantastic deep Japanese samurai voice here.

If he was wrong, they'd probably have at least one guy in the kingdom who could do what we did on a lark.

On the other hand, we're a wandering asskicker, not a theologian.

Some duel to the death! Unless demons are immortal instruments of the Will of Heaven and so cannot die or something.

Not to detract from our own heroism and glory but I feel like an introspective "holy shit we are bad at war" might also be appropriate here.

A pension. Demons would be sipping blood wine out of your skulls if we hadn't singlehandedly stopped it, and you're going to award me the greatest honor you can bestow:

A pension.

I hear good things come from listening to voices beyond the stars.

That's our name alright, Mighty Warrior. Our middle name is Heroic.

This better not end with us getting probed again.

Not to nitpick and I know this is the least miraculous thing here but this looks like more of a beam of light than a ball.

Easy to remember, at least. None of this Earl of Frankfurt which doesn't actually contain Frankfurt nonsense.

Oh, so the humans down here were so crappy you had to handcraft perfect replacements for after demons ate them all?!

Now I know you're one of the guys who voted yes on murdering all life but are you SURE this is a good idea?

Okay but you remember we're dumb enough to duel a demon lord to the death to save some worthless assholes and get a shitty pension right?

That sounds ominous. Was that meant to be ominous, God of War?

"And, you know, just sayin', last time we watched over somebody and didn't like what we saw, well, I think you were there!"

At least we got a slave out of the deal.

Okay, it's parenting time.

I don't know what any of these do, but I'd think a girl who literally descended from the heavens would have higher faith.

This is how we plan her schedule. There are three blocks, and we pick an option for each block. I have no idea if order matters.

Each broad option contains several sub-options. Note that most things cost money, but working a job produces money.

So! How shall we plan our daughter's first month since a year after we found her?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible Princess [Update 1: Swag]
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 08:20:41 am »

: Listen, no kid of mine is going to run aroudn willy nilly without knowing how to at least set something on fire.
: It's shameful, I tell you. Two rounds of magic class! No I don't care that she's a toddler- get off my back, it's an important familial legacy!
: Then she can relax by 'Working' at the Inn. Those lazy bastards never seem to do anything. Easy money, and early exposure to numerous dumbasses so her expectations for her fellow humans will be properly shattered. Plus there might be a bar brawl!
Win - Win - Win.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible Princess [Update 1: Swag]
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 06:55:30 am »

Update 2: Extravagance

You guys could have stopped this. Why didn't you stop this?

Whaddya mean children like food?!

Oh, haha, uh

Turns out those costs were per day!

Oops.

Protip: Do not get in debt to a wizard. Just don't do it man. It's gonna get weird.

At least there's still manual labor.

I foresee a lot more toiling in the fields and a lot less magical training than originally envisioned.

Why not! We're in a money-spending mood and magically inclined.

I spent half a day's magical training on this.

Apparently you can visit the palace now and then, and talk to somebody to increase your connections. I went with the gatekeeper because oops, but it sorta worked out. He recommended we talk to fancier people.

So that was an unmitigated disaster. Now what?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:05:27 am by IronyOwl »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible Princess [Update 2: Extravagance]
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 09:44:59 am »

: Listen.
: Just because I'm an all powerful walking disaster of a magician doesn't mean I know anything about money.
: Why the hell am I in charge of this again? I thought the butler was taking care of the bills. Why didn't they warn me?
: Someone is getting plus or minus fingers for this.
: But shit, We're almost flat broke. I'd go murder a dragon but my show's on and I don't feel like it.
: OI BUTLER! SEND THE HELLION TO THE FARM! It'll be a learning experience. Get some chloromancy going on.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 11:44:55 am »

She's learned everything there is to know about magic now, it's high-time she learns to make her way in the world. There's gold in them dunes! To the desert!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 09:41:38 pm »

Update 3: "Gendo Ikari Tier"

Derm's vote counts twice because he has pretty pictures and there's only one other person to stop him.

Cube's vote counts for nothing because DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M MADE OF WEAPONS AND ARMOR?

Ten year old heavenspawn daughter of the hero who saved the kingdom, working in the fields like a peasant.

Yes tell me more about how if heaven gets pissed at its own daughter we'll have to kick their asses a second time.

Two days?! YOU'RE A DEAD MAN

She does better the second week, gaining 7 days' worth of work and reducing my urge to feed this asshole to his own pigs.

As you can see, toiling in the fields boosts strength and stamina but reduces elegance and builds stress. Unfortunately total gains are displayed only briefly so I can't reliably get good images of them.

This will end well!

Thank you desert management service.

A visitor!

This isn't a charming prince. This isn't a charming prince at all!

I guess we talk to strangers?

Another wandering guy! Maybe these are what adventurers farm for loot after all?

Like preachy old people instead of gold in them dunes?

All these people and still no giant scorpions! This desert is crap!

I mean, you're out here as far as we are.

Oh! Or did you mean brave for an unarmed, unarmored ten year old girl with no combat training because her father is dad of the year?

Either he hasn't made much progress later that night or all unwashed vagrants look the same to us.

Finally! Nullaria smells blood!

Uhhhhhhh little serial killer ish here, we may have made a mistake.

Diplomacy goes about as well as expected.

I don't think we got this guys.

At least she's spry!

She misses her attempt to punch the goblin and then this happens.

WE FUCKED UP

Yes... yes it's the lady that's a lot of work, and not her mooching irresponsible father.

Still better than hauling us home after we blow our pension at the local tavern.

Probably asking "The fuck was that, Dad?!" for most of those days.

But she's led such a charmed life!

So our first few months of official parentdom have best been described as "Who trusted you with a child?!", to which we answer HEAVEN ITSELF. Unfortunately that brings up the demons thing and how we explicitly disagreed with that so we still end up diverolling away more often than not.

We are also once again allowed into the palace for our monthly hobnobbing. Additionally, we can have a father-daughter talk, lecture, or discuss the subject of pocket money, if we think those will help.

Schedule options courtesy of Derm's whining.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:08:45 pm by IronyOwl »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible Princess [Update 3: "Gendo Ikari Tier"]
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 10:19:17 pm »

: Who the- I said go to the woods! The desert is for intermediate adventures, not ameture hour!
: Are- Was that backtalk!? Sounds like someone needs more time at the farm!
: And then you can go to the eastern forests like how everybody starts out. Since you don't know anything and I'm not letting you near a wand yet, you can run if you have to. Try to get some treasure this time?
: After that, if you did good, you can have some free time. if not YOU GET TO CLEAN THE HOUSE!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:21:01 pm by Dermonster »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 04:06:30 am »

: NO
: RESTAURANT
: IMMEDIATELY

: FOREVER

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2018, 10:26:47 am »

Update 4: Nice Pension, Dad

Derm wins by initiative, so she goes restaurant->forest->rest instead of serving food for all eternity.

: "Are you SURE you don't want to give her an actual weapon?"

: "I'm not made of knives, damn it! At the moment. Long story."

: RESTAURANT FOREVER

: "..."

Spoiler: Part 1, Restaurant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Part 2, Forest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Part 3, Rest (click to show/hide)

I have taken the liberty of annotating our child labor character building options with their general stat effects.
Pages: [1] 2 3