Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Let's Play Yu-Gi-Oh! - Duelists of the Roses  (Read 16674 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Yu-Gi-Oh! - Duelists of the Roses
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 11:19:03 am »

Heh, when Kuriboh wins a matchup you must be doing something right.

Those are some rather modern-looking windmills they've got set up at Dover.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 11:21:22 am »

FREAKY

FISH

GUY
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2018, 01:36:50 pm »

Isn't Chakra's thing that it doesn't die, though?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 01:45:01 pm »

Isn't Chakra's thing that it doesn't die, though?

Let me have my suspense. ;.;

Also, I forgot Freaky Fish Guy was a thing. This is also a canon name for Mako.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2018, 11:13:07 pm »

Brahs. I started this a long time ago. Then I nested the update into other updates and spent two more hours trying to fix the narrative. So, forgive any mistakes, but I think this update lovingly created from the flesh of the nested update is the correctest version. Anyways.

NO TIME FOR SHENAAANIGAGGNS     DUEEEEEEL.

Spoiler: Vs. Mako 2 (click to show/hide)

And it's over. I don't want to have a battle like that again any time soon. If you were paying attention to the upper right corner, you might have noticed that my deck was at zero. Most of the time in Yu-Gi-Oh! that means you lose, but thankfully that is not the case for this game.

However, it stands to reason that if my Deck was at 0, that would mean that I burnt through MY ENTIRE DECK. Every card got burned! Every. Single. One! GAH!

So, in the interest of not having a battle like that again, I'm going to go ahead and bulk my deck out a bit. But I'm not sure how to do that since Chakra is dead. Like, dead, dead.

He's never coming back ever again. Ever.

So! I need a replacement ritual. I have three choices for a potential replacement!

Beastly Mirror Ritual

For a sacrifice of one Wicked Mirror and a Fiend Reflection, along with a Fiend card, this will summon up a nice Fiend's Mirror! Not the strongest card, but it has an interesting side effect.

Construct of Mask

Offer up two Spellcasters and a Mask of Darkness, and you get the Mask of Shine & Dark! It's a dark card that specializes in taking down Warrior Types, which might be a bit handy against Joey depending on what cards he uses.

Puppet Ritual

Enjoy creepy puppets or Puppet related monstrosities? Then you might like this card! Brutally murder two Machine Cards and one innocent Mysterious Puppeteer, and sacrifice them to the Egyptian God Cards to get  Psycho Puppet, the puppet who MURDERS.

Bold your choice and let me know what you think. Now that we've reached France and need to break out the heavy ammunition, I'll be settling up with another bonus update to talk about another neat trick to build your deck.

Oh thank God, this update from hell is over... I need sleeeeeeeeep… Let me know if anything super doesn't make sense... Please....
BIRDS.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2018, 11:21:28 am »

Construct of Mask

Cuz I'm all about that duality shit
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2018, 10:24:21 am »

You got it! Have a bonus update!

Anyways! That's all for now. The battle with Joey is finished, so I'll be working on setting up that update next time. Until then!
BIRDS.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2018, 04:43:45 pm »

I'm guessing that you might want to get two or three Mystical Elves, Mask of Darkness, and Darkness Approaches onto the field at the same time. Forget burning the world in just a blaze of light - go for antipodean nukes.

...Coincidentally, does DotR have card effects that allow you to cause damage attacking Defense-positioned monsters? I know the TCG has plenty, I just don't know if any of the video game adaptations do.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2018, 05:43:01 pm »

I'm guessing that you might want to get two or three Mystical Elves, Mask of Darkness, and Darkness Approaches onto the field at the same time. Forget burning the world in just a blaze of light - go for antipodean nukes.

...Coincidentally, does DotR have card effects that allow you to cause damage attacking Defense-positioned monsters? I know the TCG has plenty, I just don't know if any of the video game adaptations do.

A little bit better, Light Decks have Mask of Darkness variant in a Magician of Faith, a Light Spellcaster. If you end up doing that, Magician of Faith also gets boosted to the heavens!

Also, not quite sure what you mean. If you mean to ask whether there are cards in this game that can attack from Defense Position, there unfortunately isn't any. But! Other games do have that capability, notably in a card called Total Defense Shogun. I always liked playing with that guy. Aside from that though, there is another variant of Samurai Cards who attack with their Defense stat, but those are much, much later in the series and I don't really know them well at all.
BIRDS.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2018, 07:30:18 pm »

No, what I meant was, card effects that allow an attacker to kill something in Defense position, and do damage to the opponent's Life Points which Defense position normally blocks. Example: Big Bang Shot increases the equipped Monster's ATK by 400 and allows it to cause damage to the opponent's LP if it attacks the opponent's Defense-positioned Monster, at the cost of banishing the equipped Monster if BBS ever leaves the field. Apparently at some point they started calling it "Piercing" damage.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2018, 06:55:54 pm »

No, what I meant was, card effects that allow an attacker to kill something in Defense position, and do damage to the opponent's Life Points which Defense position normally blocks. Example: Big Bang Shot increases the equipped Monster's ATK by 400 and allows it to cause damage to the opponent's LP if it attacks the opponent's Defense-positioned Monster, at the cost of banishing the equipped Monster if BBS ever leaves the field. Apparently at some point they started calling it "Piercing" damage.

Ah. Gotcha. I don't there is, though some of the cards that do Piercing Damage would be available. Airknight Parsath comes to mind.

Anyways. Current mood is stressed and overworked. Next update will be on Wednesday at the earliest, since it is my day off. Hopefully. Sorry for the delay!
BIRDS.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2018, 06:55:06 pm »

Oh nelly. I had this battle back in August, but now I’m only just getting back to it. Still. Better late than never! Let’s get back in this!

Spoiler: Vs. Joey (click to show/hide)

And that's it! Ah! Sorry for the delay. A moment of silence for Mask of Dark and Shine…

And we're good. Next battle I might mix things up a little bit, so stay tuned!
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 2 [3]