Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any interest here in a Wurm Unlimited server?  (Read 1284 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Any interest here in a Wurm Unlimited server?
« on: August 13, 2018, 11:35:23 pm »

I'm working at making a Wurm Unlimited server. I have everything running, but am currently fine tuning some mods (and creating some additional mods for it) as well as designing a custom huge ocean map to play on.

The settings I'm thinking of using are:

1. 2x skill gain, 1x action timer
2. Priest restrictions on, but lightened a little - priests can "continue building" and repair and destroy things so they can help out with deed building and such. Not wanting everyone to be priests, but I want priests to be able to maintain their own land and help out on a deed and such.
3. A no alts rule to make the priest restrictions actually meaningful and prevent things like people going around with 12 characters and single handedly killing uniques (I saw this on public servers, 12 alts at once, not even kidding lol).
4. Lots of quality of life and fun mods, like treasure hunting and dig to ground and some custom mods I'm working on - but nothing too crazy.
5. A huge 1024 square kilometer ocean map with a lot of islands to explore and build on. Treasure hunting on a map this big should be interesting. For reference, most servers are around 64 square kilometers. I have the server running with a test map of that size (but only a few islands since I haven't finished the real map yet) and it seems to run just fine without lag even with 20 clients connected to it sailing on boats in separate portions of the map (all of which were me, lol).
6. Single kingdom, but PvP enabled - so no token draining, but you can kill and loot people or raid them for their things.
7. A 16 square kilometer central island right smack dab in the middle of the map set up as a no-pvp zone where everyone starts. I already have it restricted to no glimmersteel or adamantine spawning here - I haven't decided if I want to limit ore quality to 50 or not.

An example of the custom mods I've done so far is modifying beverage making a bit to allow adding extra ingredients during fermentation. I was thinking of adding a no-drop item to the new player inventory that lets you pick a starting profession and increases associated skills and attributes a bit to get people a head start in whatever they're wanting to do. Like shipwright or blacksmith or farmer, etc.

Is there any interest in something like this here?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

mrkilla22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any interest here in a Wurm Unlimited server?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:00:51 pm »

I might be interested.  I have only played a small amount of Wurm and haven't played in a long time.  My play time would be pretty limited as well though.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 10:52:10 am »

Might still be fun to pop in every so often. I was hoping to find some interested folks to get some feedback on settings and the map and such haha.

Still working on getting everything set up. Got busy with some other things. Takes a while to get a good map made for this game haha.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

mrkilla22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 11:59:45 am »

Hopefully more people are interested!