Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: [44.12] Musket-Mod v0.5c: Experimental Wall Breaching  (Read 41300 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [44.12] Musket-Mod v0.4c (Now with ingame customization menu!)
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2018, 10:04:58 am »

Roses building-subtype-change script enables rotating your workshop. Its a bit complicated, because you'd need to make 4 separate workshops, but it works well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zaporozhets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2018, 10:35:27 am »

Roses building-subtype-change script enables rotating your workshop. Its a bit complicated, because you'd need to make 4 separate workshops, but it works well.

Thanks for the info!
It's a good thing I was lazy with the rotation previously and just made 4 workshops. Works okay just setting building.custom_type rather than using Roses script but gets messed up a little I think due to it being a 1x2 workshop. A 3x3 should work perfect.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2018, 10:42:33 am »

Yeah, if you rotate, use square designs. Sneaking of which, any sprites needed for those?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zaporozhets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2018, 10:57:48 am »

Yeah, if you rotate, use square designs. Sneaking of which, any sprites needed for those?

I was just going to use the floor of the gunsmith's (the mottled dark gray looks like exactly like my browser theme default background) and slap the existing cannon on top.
If you have something better that would be great, it would be nice for everything to match, but I have become somewhat attached to the cannon as it is and I wouldn't want to have wasted your time if I didn't like your efforts.
What sort of thing did you have in mind?

Edit:
Okay, my efforts look quite bad. Yes please, if you could be bothered!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:03:22 am by zaporozhets »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2018, 11:06:52 am »

This is what I was going to refer to yes.

As for the test fire, didn't notice your updated script has it. Certainly more graceful than swapping true and false around on the hostility check (Yes, the thought of a cannon that only shoots friendlies amuses me :)
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2018, 11:08:14 am »

I just read grimlocks Post about swivel guns, etc and thought you had more workshops / fake siege engines coming up.

So... You just need the cannon, right?

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2018, 11:10:54 am »

Cannon tubes.

zaporozhets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2018, 11:16:55 am »

Cannon tubes.

большое спасибо, красиво!

zaporozhets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2018, 11:24:55 am »

I just read grimlocks Post about swivel guns, etc and thought you had more workshops / fake siege engines coming up.

So... You just need the cannon, right?

If you wouldn't mind, that would be great. I'm quite partial to Vordak's third tube down. What do you think?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2018, 11:37:49 am »

I think I let Vordak do his thing.  ;)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2018, 11:48:59 am »

I actually did not plan drawing anything except tubes, but ok, I do it. It is planned to leave cannons in size 1x2 tiles?

zaporozhets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2018, 11:54:32 am »

I actually did not plan drawing anything except tubes, but ok, I do it. It is planned to leave cannons in size 1x2 tiles?

The cannon tube should be 1x2 or 1x3, but overall the workshop needs to be 3x3 so it can be rotated ingame.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2018, 12:04:07 pm »

Yeah, but the workshop sprites can be transparent, doesnt have to look like a square.

I would have made a circle, with tracks on it, and a cannon positioned on them. I think it would look quite striking in comparison to otherwise rectangular workshops.

Vordak, if you only want to make the barrel, thats fine. :-)

zaporozhets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2018, 12:11:09 pm »

Yeah, but the workshop sprites can be transparent, doesnt have to look like a square.

I would have made a circle, with tracks on it, and a cannon positioned on them. I think it would look quite striking in comparison to otherwise rectangular workshops.

That's a shame, I'd like to have seen that.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2018, 12:18:30 pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12