Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: [44.12] Musket-Mod v0.5c: Experimental Wall Breaching  (Read 40832 times)

Tachytaenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Musket-Mod v0.5c: Experimental Wall Breaching
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2022, 01:48:42 pm »

Do you make it in free time whenever, or do you have an approximate ETA when you plan to release it?

I won't rush the mod I am working on, so it will take a while. If you are around with more ideas/extensions to the system, I could use either if you also give a permission.
I'm back at it, and currently I foresee hours of trying to balance "a pistol" vs "a rifle" vs "a typical armor" :D.

The best part of THIS mod is ability to change the shooting rate of guns. It is something that always made melee better.

If you meant me, I'm doing it whenever. It's on my github. https://github.com/wolfboyft/guns. Figured all this out myself. Mine has custom firing speed too. (It's currently relying on a pull request to dfhack that isn't actually in dfhack yet but if you pm me i can talk to you about installing and stuff.) If you didn't mean me, oops, how embarrassing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2022, 02:46:51 pm »

I did mean you. I will wait for the pull requests to be accepted, there's no rush :). It will take me ages to port plants, animals and entities over with new ideas I have, so guns won't be the first thing. Thanks for the link to the github.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2022, 03:23:32 pm »

I didn't realise that blunderbuss code calls for the "next" ammo type when shooting multiple shots.

So I just made my own shotgun shells for shotguns. And put them just before mini-grenades. Imagine my surprise when I practiced on a squirrel and exploded the whole room.

P.S. I am having SO MUCH fun here already with all the explosive bullets and multi-shot guns, this is better than sliced bread. Thank you for making my day/night.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 05:16:38 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2022, 04:47:06 pm »

This is PERFECT for my Fallout mod.

The rockets, the shotguns and the assault rifles change the game to what I wanted it to be back when I had to simulate guns with fancy named crossbows.
Thank you SO MUCH for making this possible.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2022, 06:17:19 pm »

I've decided to implement it in the following way:
- Each non-heavy gun fires the same type of ammo - very lightweight so you could carry a lot of it. It greatly reduces micromanagement in squad ammo assignment.
- When the ammo leaves the gun, it becomes a special kind of ammo (pistol, rifle, shotgun pellet etc), thus making weapons unique

I do notice an issue though. no matter how I torture Evenful, the lodged in bullets do not disappear, and they are pulled out and dropped on the floor.

I tried to explicitly specify projectile types, and yet they get stuck in people.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2022, 06:48:21 pm »

I do notice an issue though. no matter how I torture Evenful, the lodged in bullets do not disappear, and they are pulled out and dropped on the floor.
Shucks.

If this was a little bit more of a historical mod, then that would be perhaps appropriate like your grandpappy telling you about the bullet that nearly killed him in the US civil war. In the meantime trying to find out anything about this subject it seems like Hugo was trying out [ROTS] type metals for ammo and found out the item type itself is near indestructable in that way, even going as far to create rotting steak made out of pure lead.

Maybe look towards scripts that apply thorough eventful on contact?

Im no script-writer but the gnomish cage-gun script from MW seems to have a already set up proc and 'projectile.flags.to_be_deleted=true' seem relevant with how they handle applying and removing the projectile without getting nets stuck in people (and importantly creating a cage of the creature on the spot per impact)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 06:51:59 pm by FantasticDorf »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]