Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210]

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472663 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #3135 on: August 08, 2018, 05:49:03 pm »

I goofed majorly and forgot to edit the entity_stable file so that you could actually make these drugs and their auto-injectors. Derp, here have a hotfix.

Here's the link

Sorry for Quad post

Edit: Just had an epiphany with those "useless" drugs. Would it be possible to use drugs via syndromes that give positive moodlets? Lessening stress and increasing positive moods?

It's not about drugs, but i think i found a bug - alicorns (and griffons) can't fly(or can only fly if tag [flier] is added to their files). Can you fix this, please?

So, I went through the griffon and Unity (aka Alicorn) creature files and found that they did have FLIER, but they weren't bracketed, meaning they weren't enabled. I was a bit confused but fixed it, and then went through all of the creature raws and found that all of them had tags that weren't bracketed, most of them were Personality tags, and also gave [FLIER] to all the appropriate things that needed them (like Pegasus Ghouls).

Should be fixed now.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: August 09, 2018, 12:40:25 am »

I think that FLIER is bugged for fortress citizens, which is probably why it was disabled. I'd recommend re-disabling it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: August 09, 2018, 01:10:39 am »

Edit: Just had an epiphany with those "useless" drugs. Would it be possible to use drugs via syndromes that give positive moodlets? Lessening stress and increasing positive moods?
Syndromes can cause thoughts, and thoughts affect stress.  It is straight forward to add reactions that let a pony "consume" a drug in exchange for long duration syndrome induced thoughts, as well as whatever other side affects you want.  I would also suggest doing this for mint-als that aren't mixed with other drugs - aside from NOEXERT they don't do much in combat, but giving them to an armorsmith to boost armor quality for 6 months would be nifty.
So, I went through the griffon and Unity (aka Alicorn) creature files and found that they did have FLIER, but they weren't bracketed, meaning they weren't enabled.
I unbracketed (and thus disabled) the FLIER tag on griffons and alicorns.  FLIER does not play well with invaders or visitors, and I am reasonably sure there is no way around it.  You can either have flying griffons and alicorns, or you can have siegers that don't hover above the map edge forever and a map that isn't littered with "stuck" visitors 5 tiles above the ground.  You can't have both.  After playing a few test forts with FLIER enabled on them, I opted for the choice that wasn't incredibly obnoxious.  I am going to add a note to the griffon and alicorn RAWS explaining this, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend changing anything.  It just gets too damn annoying.

If we are incredibly lucky then Toady will fix flight as part of his next update (because the same issue also affects mounts, and Toady is doing stuff with them).  Otherwise, flight will remain borked for the forseeable future.  Probably until the magic update (i.e. 2-3 years).  It is a shame too, I would like to add (rare) Pegasus wastelanders to account for the (very rare) birth of a pegasus from non-pegasus parents (which is a thing if I remember correctly), but there isn't a point if I have to disable their flight or leave them broken and annoying in fortress mode.
I think that FLIER is bugged for fortress citizens, which is probably why it was disabled. I'd recommend re-disabling it.
I don't remember any problems cropping up with griffon mercenaries once their petitions were accepted, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few more obscure bugs waiting to be stumbled upon in addition to all the really obvious siege/visitor breaking bugs.
I was a bit confused but fixed it, and then went through all of the creature raws and found that all of them had tags that weren't bracketed, most of them were Personality tags, and also gave [FLIER] to all the appropriate things that needed them (like Pegasus Ghouls).
There are a whole bunch of little things that have been disabled via unbracketing.  Most of them weren't me, and I have no idea why a lot of them are there, besides a desire to preserve functioning code.

As for ghouls, am I missing something?  There is a [FLIER] token just underneath every Pegasus Ghoul's BODY definition.

In other news, I got around to integrating those drugs of yours.  I haven't tested much beyond some very basic stuff, but here is some feedback from my !!Debugging!! session and a bit of testing, as well as a couple of other observations.
Spoiler: spoilered for length (click to show/hide)
Anyway, on this end I started a test fort to double check that drugs work, and ended up finding a whole bunch of bugs here and there, trying a new flamethrower interaction to replace the old one that is more lethal for it's operator than the target, debugging a problem with dfhack's siege-engine, fending off a few sieges using both conventional troops and turret pillboxes and generally testing most parts of the system in one way or another.  I still have a few more things I want to do, among them resizing reactions+scripts so griffon mercs can carry battle saddles, catagorizing a lot of reactions and possibly redoing the autoinjector system so individual autoinjectors use the same item but have different materials to distinguish them (to cut down on obnoxious item bloat in the squad equipment selection menu), but eventually I will be tossing out another release.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: August 09, 2018, 01:43:04 pm »

Syndromes can cause thoughts, and thoughts affect stress.  It is straight forward to add reactions that let a pony "consume" a drug in exchange for long duration syndrome induced thoughts, as well as whatever other side affects you want.  I would also suggest doing this for mint-als that aren't mixed with other drugs - aside from NOEXERT they don't do much in combat, but giving them to an armorsmith to boost armor quality for 6 months would be nifty.
So, I went through the griffon and Unity (aka Alicorn) creature files and found that they did have FLIER, but they weren't bracketed, meaning they weren't enabled.
I unbracketed (and thus disabled) the FLIER tag on griffons and alicorns.  FLIER does not play well with invaders or visitors, and I am reasonably sure there is no way around it.  You can either have flying griffons and alicorns, or you can have siegers that don't hover above the map edge forever and a map that isn't littered with "stuck" visitors 5 tiles above the ground.  You can't have both.  After playing a few test forts with FLIER enabled on them, I opted for the choice that wasn't incredibly obnoxious.  I am going to add a note to the griffon and alicorn RAWS explaining this, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend changing anything.  It just gets too damn annoying.

If we are incredibly lucky then Toady will fix flight as part of his next update (because the same issue also affects mounts, and Toady is doing stuff with them).  Otherwise, flight will remain borked for the forseeable future.  Probably until the magic update (i.e. 2-3 years).  It is a shame too, I would like to add (rare) Pegasus wastelanders to account for the (very rare) birth of a pegasus from non-pegasus parents (which is a thing if I remember correctly), but there isn't a point if I have to disable their flight or leave them broken and annoying in fortress mode.
I don't remember any problems cropping up with griffon mercenaries once their petitions were accepted, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few more obscure bugs waiting to be stumbled upon in addition to all the really obvious siege/visitor breaking bugs.
I was a bit confused but fixed it, and then went through all of the creature raws and found that all of them had tags that weren't bracketed, most of them were Personality tags, and also gave [FLIER] to all the appropriate things that needed them (like Pegasus Ghouls).
There are a whole bunch of little things that have been disabled via unbracketing.  Most of them weren't me, and I have no idea why a lot of them are there, besides a desire to preserve functioning code.

As for ghouls, am I missing something?  There is a [FLIER] token just underneath every Pegasus Ghoul's BODY definition.

In other news, I got around to integrating those drugs of yours.  I haven't tested much beyond some very basic stuff, but here is some feedback from my !!Debugging!! session and a bit of testing, as well as a couple of other observations.
Spoiler: spoilered for length (click to show/hide)
Anyway, on this end I started a test fort to double check that drugs work, and ended up finding a whole bunch of bugs here and there, trying a new flamethrower interaction to replace the old one that is more lethal for it's operator than the target, debugging a problem with dfhack's siege-engine, fending off a few sieges using both conventional troops and turret pillboxes and generally testing most parts of the system in one way or another.  I still have a few more things I want to do, among them resizing reactions+scripts so griffon mercs can carry battle saddles, catagorizing a lot of reactions and possibly redoing the autoinjector system so individual autoinjectors use the same item but have different materials to distinguish them (to cut down on obnoxious item bloat in the squad equipment selection menu), but eventually I will be tossing out another release.

Okay got it, thanks for all of the work you went through for both this mod and to help me in getting better at this. I think i'll wait for your next release before I start bugfixing all of this stuff. Is there some way we can talk more instantly (like Discord?) so that we can more immediately discuss and so that I don't overstep anything or mess with anything you had already done (like me adding and bracketing stuff that you had unbracketed/removed for balance purposes?)
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: August 14, 2018, 07:26:26 am »

Good news. I am still alive, and I have another update.

DFFD file link

Spoiler: change log (click to show/hide)
I moved slave and blank castes to another file, but otherwise put off a stable pony caste/cutie mark overhaul until next update.  Likewise, drugs are getting released in a (hopefully) functional albeit unrefined state.  Resizing reactions, chem industry tweaking and a balancing pass will come later.  In the meantime, there are a few neat little new things to play around with, including explosive AMR rounds (ultra high area edged projectiles that suck against armor but can stun and toss armored victims around), plasma caster equipped protectaponies, various equestria advanced worldgen options for different map sizes, resizable special equipment (minigun griffons are now a thing) and a new style of flamethrower that lobs globs of hot liquid napalm at medium range instead of incinerating the user with a short range cone. 

Tell me if there are any problems, or if anyone has suggestions, feature requests, general feedback etc.  In the meantime, I have some other stuff to do, including a script that will let a terminal reaction mimic heal/regeneration spell casting, a functioning addiction system with scaling penalties based on severity (which I think I have worked out how to implement already), turning the tangled mess that is the stable cutie mark caste system into something easy to read and alter, and I might even get around to making my local git installation play nice with github so I can put a development branch up and let others make pull requests.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: August 17, 2018, 11:40:56 pm »

Good news. I am still alive, and I have another update.

DFFD file link

Spoiler: change log (click to show/hide)
I moved slave and blank castes to another file, but otherwise put off a stable pony caste/cutie mark overhaul until next update.  Likewise, drugs are getting released in a (hopefully) functional albeit unrefined state.  Resizing reactions, chem industry tweaking and a balancing pass will come later.  In the meantime, there are a few neat little new things to play around with, including explosive AMR rounds (ultra high area edged projectiles that suck against armor but can stun and toss armored victims around), plasma caster equipped protectaponies, various equestria advanced worldgen options for different map sizes, resizable special equipment (minigun griffons are now a thing) and a new style of flamethrower that lobs globs of hot liquid napalm at medium range instead of incinerating the user with a short range cone. 

Tell me if there are any problems, or if anyone has suggestions, feature requests, general feedback etc.  In the meantime, I have some other stuff to do, including a script that will let a terminal reaction mimic heal/regeneration spell casting, a functioning addiction system with scaling penalties based on severity (which I think I have worked out how to implement already), turning the tangled mess that is the stable cutie mark caste system into something easy to read and alter, and I might even get around to making my local git installation play nice with github so I can put a development branch up and let others make pull requests.

A github would certainly be useful. As will the balancing of drugs, as I mainly try to make them as canon as possible, but being new to DF modding, I don't actually know appropriate scales for stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210]