Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can an adventurer make a carving into a stone wall?  (Read 1106 times)

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can an adventurer make a carving into a stone wall?
« on: August 16, 2018, 03:04:35 pm »

I'm not sure if caves underneath waterfalls is a natural recurrence but I spent a night in one with three other adventure companions a few weeks before they died. I brought their bodies back to it and want to leave an inscription of their names or just an epithet to the worship of Sewat, god of Death, and some other attributes if I can find them. What's funny is I have been carrying these three corpses for weeks and the 'z' description says I am "travelling" with them.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Can an adventurer make a carving into a stone wall?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 10:22:00 pm »

No.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

DakkaDakka

• Bay Watcher
  • My dorfs are the shootiest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 07:39:15 am »

You could make a detailed carving of them and leave it at the site of their death. It should remain there.

And in Advfort I believe you can make a carpenters workshop and make them coffins.

How did they die?
I wanted to do a cute village in the wood and ended up with a dystopian dictatorship

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 10:57:19 am »

You could make a detailed carving of them and leave it at the site of their death. It should remain there.

And in Advfort I believe you can make a carpenters workshop and make them coffins.

How did they die?

Ah, dude, that is swell. I'll leave a little figurine among them, yeah.

They were crushed to death or tossed at extreme velocity into hard surfaces. Beowulf's Grendel style.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 02:24:13 am »

I'm not sure if caves underneath waterfalls is a natural recurrence but I spent a night in one with three other adventure companions a few weeks before they died. I brought their bodies back to it and want to leave an inscription of their names or just an epithet to the worship of Sewat, god of Death, and some other attributes if I can find them. What's funny is I have been carrying these three corpses for weeks and the 'z' description says I am "travelling" with them.

caves underneath a waterfall? never seen a randomly generated cave like that, but sounds like a idea for me to make one
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 12:47:30 pm »

caves underneath a waterfall? never seen a randomly generated cave like that, but sounds like a idea for me to make one

It was only a brook going down the mountainside. At a point, it extended out from the edge forming a "slide" of 4 z-level hangs on each side, and right behind the falling water was an open mouthed cave that extended to where the brook met the cliff edge.

The walls perpendicular to the cliff edge were of dirt and the worldgen lacked erosion, so it may be an effect of that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:49:55 pm by Bob69Joe »