Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Potentially non-existant cave where visible from map  (Read 692 times)

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Potentially non-existant cave where visible from map
« on: August 16, 2018, 05:31:40 pm »

I can't post in bug reports and perhaps I'm only not spotting a single downward ramp that some caves seem to have, but I am really unable to find this cave, where an ettin is supposedly hanging out at and has in its possession a human skull totem that some humans want back.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Potentially non-existant cave where visible from map
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 10:21:25 pm »

I can't post in bug reports and perhaps I'm only not spotting a single downward ramp that some caves seem to have, but I am really unable to find this cave, where an ettin is supposedly hanging out at and has in its possession a human skull totem that some humans want back.
Use the mantis big tracker.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 10:51:32 pm »

Use the mantis big tracker.
I might be overlooking it though. I have seen night creature dens that were listed as lairs and only had a single ramp descending into the ground. They are pretty hard to spot and I want to make sure this is not one of those. Is there a map viewer utility that could point out where it is to within a small radius of tiles?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 11:38:59 pm »

I have had the same issue and had assumed the cave must be underground. It's worth reporting
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 11:01:38 am »

I have had the same issue and had assumed the cave must be underground. It's worth reporting

The map has 999 caves, 333 in mountains and 666 on anywhere else, and they have minimum parameters of 11 spaces to a maximum of 55 spaces. I notice the cavern hilltops are frequently opened at the bottom though the traditional entrance is halfway up. Still, is there a tool to take detailed views at tiles on the worldmap?