Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make all civs create artifacts?  (Read 953 times)

HerbalistRanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to make all civs create artifacts?
« on: August 17, 2018, 01:31:36 pm »

Is it as simple as giving human/elf/goblins [STRANGE_MOODS] tag ?
My intent is mostly to have more artifacts to loot from world gen. It seems to have worked. 8k artifacts in this large world. This one is ridiculous with 300 civs generated overnight. Not sure if that tag had an impact and worried my game will crash over it.
I really hope it's as simple as that. Only reason I don't want to play on medium worlds is having few artifacts to loot. I know, ive become spoiled by missions but it's so much fun.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 01:53:25 pm by HerbalistRanger »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make all civs create artifacts?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 05:55:15 pm »

Yes, that will allow them to craft dwarf-like artifacts (regardless of their civilization).

Only a civ with human-type priests will create holy relics though. So you need the human generated positions tag for that (I forget which one it is right now).

All civs will 'create' legendary weapons and armour through naming.

And books continue to be written by those who can write books.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:57:23 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 07:20:23 pm »

wouldn't you just need positions that have the RELIGION responsibility? for holy artifacts?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 08:14:44 pm »

wouldn't you just need positions that have the RELIGION responsibility? for holy artifacts?
I thought elf druids have that, but they don't generate holy artifacts. That could be a lack of temples to put them in though.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 08:16:38 pm »

maybe since they worship a force? also elves don't have STRANGE_MOODs?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 08:39:51 pm »

maybe since they worship a force? also elves don't have STRANGE_MOODs?
You don't need strange moods to create holy artifacts. But, yes, force worshipers don't have temples, only pantheon worshipers do.
I've only ever seen them made from the possessions and body parts of the procedural priests. And that's the way Toady described it. I suggested adding a tag for modders to give to regular position holders to make them eligable for holy artifact making after asking Toady about it in fotf at the time. So I'm pretty sure that's how it works (until Toady adds my suggestion, anyway).

--edit
Fotf bit:

Quote from: Shonai_Dweller
Will the origin of holy relics be moddable at all? I'm thinking a raw tag on the priest position like [HOLY_BODY_PARTS] or something that we could add to custom positions. It would be nice for mods which have extended religious positions in Force based religions.

Toady:
I don't recall adding anything for the religious positions, but I can take suggestions in a thread.  The specter of the myth release is kind of lurking over the religious changes, since it is bound to get a little destructive, but the relics themselves will probably be mostly independent of whatever happens with myths so we can likely work some suggestions in.

Suggestion here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165411.msg7553695#msg7553695
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 08:56:38 pm by Shonai_Dweller »