Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unidentified Symbol error?  (Read 1462 times)

Tiara

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Unidentified Symbol error?
« on: August 17, 2018, 11:30:23 pm »

I am trying to merge Civilization Forge 3.0 with Masterwork Dwarf Fortress V1.30 and I keep getting Unrecognized Symbol: PRIMITIVE errors. The text in question seems to be [SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:PRIMITIVE].

There is a PRIMITIVE section in language_SYM and it seems to be the same format as the other sections, so I don't see any problem there. If I switch the REMAINING symbol to HOLY it gives me the same error with HOLY in place of PRIMITIVE, however If I copy the [SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:ARTIFICE] and matching earth symbol from the dwarf entity file it seems to be fine.

Is there another file somewhere that says which language_SYM sections can be used in naming by entity files?

Edit: Also potentially of interest is that the entity_BEARMAN file apparently doesn't cause this error. It didn't actually come with a creature file, so I just linked in the black bear men, grizzly bear men, polar bear men, and sloth bear men with appropriate biome separations. The file has the same REMAINING symbol as the others, so maybe I should be looking in the creature files?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:50:42 pm by Tiara »