Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: An LCS Remake  (Read 96267 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An LCS Remake
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2019, 06:37:23 pm »

Success! Thank you very much!

At least now I have one version of LCS that I can write and compile other than the TV mod!  8)

halander1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
An LCS Remake
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2019, 06:38:59 am »

Do you intend on expanding upon the features of the original in ways different from LCS 4.12.37?

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2019, 08:21:15 pm »

I don't have any specific plans aside from the enhancements I've already done. I have a few concepts I've thought about playing around with but I would likely do them as some sort of offshoot rather than roll them into the main project.
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2020, 02:34:06 pm »

So.

I have been pretty quiet on this for a while, mainly because I haven't really had anything else to add - I'd gotten it to the point where I felt happy with the state it was in and aside from some small tweaks here and there I haven't really needed to update anything. However, lately I've been feeling like coming back to it and trying to clean up a few more of the tiny little issues that bugged me over the months and have a very minor update that I am working on, nothing super noticeable, just some behind the scenes adjustments to how certain things are calculated.

So since I'm already working on it, I'm curious if there are any features that people might find interesting that I could potentially add to make this update a bit more substantial. The game is already almost at feature parity with the original - if there are any minor things that I'm missing that I've just forgotten about, feel free to point those out, but I'm also curious about broader suggestions that might just make the game better regardless of whether or not the original had it.
LCS Graphical Remake:

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2020, 04:14:48 pm »

I'm close to releasing version 2.0 of the TV mod, complete with factions that can be customized with text files. I'm wondering if something similar could be implemented here?  ;)

(I've been wanting to make a TV version of your remake, but not knowing where things are, this would be something I would need to collaborate on)

EDIT: Sorry for blowing my horn so hard. That was arrogant of me. :-[

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2020, 04:32:27 pm »

I have wanted to try externalizing more data; I haven't played your mod though so I'm not really sure how exactly factions should work. My assumption is that it's something kind of like the CCS where they have their own safehouses and issues that they can push the country towards? That seems like something I could set up definitions for since the CCS behaviour isn't that complex and could be generalized without too much trouble.
LCS Graphical Remake:

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2020, 06:58:29 pm »

Factions are a completely new and as of this post unreleased feature; they will be added in 2.0, which I plan to get up as soon as I get the rest of the ground work done and some of the bugs tested.

At the moment, factions can interact with each-other but don't directly interact with the player. Eventually I plan to add functionality such that they behave more like the CCS with safehouses of their own, yes.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2020, 02:50:28 pm »

Glad to hear development continues.  I was actually looking to see if there was an update a few weeks ago.

varsens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2020, 05:12:04 am »

Whenever I click the movement buttons or use the arrow keys I immediately leave the location rather than move in the intended direction so that the game is effectively unplayable. I realize that I must be doing something goofy but can't figure out what it is. Any help would be much appreciated.  Playing on a new laptop with win10.

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2020, 03:54:25 pm »

Hmm, that was an issue a while ago during development but I'm not sure why it would only be hitting you - it's kind of an all or nothing thing. Are you running the most recent version? It should say "version: b12" in the bottom left corner of the title screen if you are.

It's possible there might be some weirdness with how input is handled in win10 or by your laptop but again if it's a win10 thing I would expect more people would be having that issue. Does the output log have any exceptions in it? You can find it in C:\Users\(your windows username)\AppData\LocalLow\Lazy Dog Software\LCS. It will only have data from your most recent play session so you'd need to boot it up and reproduce the issue and then quit.
LCS Graphical Remake:

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2020, 05:54:38 pm »

Notes:

Someone is passing by," passing is spelled as pasing. Could use some periods in the start options text. General proofreading.
Doesn't seem to be a way to adjust interrogation options?
Talking to people could be more streamlined.

Still great that this exists and would love to see more development in the future.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2020, 08:22:59 pm »

Interrogation is different from the base version - instead of choosing every single time, you select it by going to the hostages on the safe house tab and selecting the hostage. Then your interrogators will just repeat whatever tactics you selected until you change them.
LCS Graphical Remake:

ssbob90

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2020, 09:51:30 pm »

I would like it if you can add in we didn't start the fire and nightmare mode

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2020, 05:49:19 pm »

Police don't disassemble your safehouses anymore, would be nice to see that back in.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2020, 07:41:02 pm »

They will, but only in the situation where you had liberals at the base and surrendered (or tried to fight and lost). If they raid an empty safehouse they'll confiscate all the items there and recover corpses/hostages but not touch any investments you had. This is consistent with the version I was basing my code on, but looking at the original code it looks like there were stubs in place to make police also dismantle your base when raiding empty safehouses that weren't active in that specific version, so they may have been finished after I'd started working on mine. It would make sense for cops to dismantle all the (illegal) investments in an empty safehouse.

CCS won't capture safehouses in my version, but this was kind of broken in the original as well so that was a conscious decision not to implement it since there's a lot of hackery around CCS bases and how they get captured which wouldn't play well with safehouses that weren't originally owned by them (long story short they need to be a custom map, with a "CCS Boss" tile, or else you can never take them back because killing the boss is what triggers the capture).
LCS Graphical Remake:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8