Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How can I make vampires have a full regen?  (Read 1276 times)

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
How can I make vampires have a full regen?
« on: August 18, 2018, 10:46:57 am »

How can I give vampires a full regen specifically when they drink blood? I would give them a bat transformation as a full regen but I don't want to have insect/arachnid/reptile/fish/whatever animal person vampires turning into bats. I would give them a mist transformation instead but I wouldn't be able to completely create the mist creature because I get lazy whenever I try to code anything on this game that isn't simple. (Acceptable substitute for drinking blood = full regen: create the mist creature for me)
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: How can I make vampires have a full regen?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 10:55:23 am »

You'd need to make your own vamp curse, that has probably 3 syndromes, 1 is the basic vamp phys boost + other, 2nd would only effect dwarves/humans/goblins/elves and it would let them transform into a bat when the drinking blood counter is greater than 0 or maybe enough that 1 drop of blood doesn't transform them. Currently the effect of this is making teeth longer so can reference that in the interactions_examples. 3rd would affect everyone else but Humans, dwarves, goblins, and elves turning them into a harmless but fast mist monster

Note you'll have to ensure all vamp curses (or is it just curses?) in advanced worldgen is set to 0

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 11:00:03 am »

You'd need to make your own vamp curse, that has probably 3 syndromes, 1 is the basic vamp phys boost + other, 2nd would only effect dwarves/humans/goblins/elves and it would let them transform into a bat when the drinking blood counter is greater than 0 or maybe enough that 1 drop of blood doesn't transform them. Currently the effect of this is making teeth longer so can reference that in the interactions_examples. 3rd would affect everyone else but Humans, dwarves, goblins, and elves turning them into a harmless but fast mist monster

Note you'll have to ensure all vamp curses (or is it just curses?) in advanced worldgen is set to 0

I already created custom vamp curses. And I might do this if I knew how to MAKE a mist monster. Also I'm fine with all vamps just being able to turn into the mist monster.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 11:04:37 am »

make it a blob, then it's made of one tissue, which it's layer type is feathers. basically make it out of nothing but feathers.

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:MIST]
[TISSUE_NAME:ethereal mist:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:WATER:NONE]
[TISSUE_MAT_STATE:GAS] <- Steam
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:50]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:FEATHERS]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MIST]

that should make it so they can't attack or be attacked. FLEEQUICK and short term personality stuff to make them cowardly and run would make it an interesting suck blood and run away

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 11:08:31 am »

make it a blob, then it's made of one tissue, which it's layer type is feathers. basically make it out of nothing but feathers.

that should make it so they can't attack or be attacked. FLEEQUICK and short term personality stuff to make them cowardly and run would make it an interesting suck blood and run away

You're underestimating how bad I am at modding. I have no idea how to change the materials of a creature besides copy-pasting the material tokens from a different creature.

Naga/Lamia race

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 11:10:28 am »

it's ok that's not a material, it's a tissue, much simpler. Look at ELEMENTAL_IRON in creature_subterranean it's just going to be a 1 tissue creature that can't be hit

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 11:17:01 am »

it's ok that's not a material, it's a tissue, much simpler. Look at ELEMENTAL_IRON in creature_subterranean it's just going to be a 1 tissue creature that can't be hit

How can I make the creature not appear naturally, only from a vampire turning to mist?

Naga/Lamia race

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 11:17:58 am »

How can I make the creature not appear naturally, only from a vampire turning to mist?

No biome, or DOES_NOT_EXIST is normally sufficient, you can still transform creatures into those that do not exist.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 11:24:45 am »

No biome, or DOES_NOT_EXIST is normally sufficient, you can still transform creatures into those that do not exist.

How do I specify that I want the vampires to turn into the mist creature?

Naga/Lamia race

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 11:26:01 am »

look at the werebeast interaction example

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 11:27:08 am »

look at the werebeast interaction example

Is "default" a valid caste or just a thing in the example?

Naga/Lamia race

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 11:47:43 am »

In arena mode I tested it and the ethereal creature WAS able to be attacked (it couldn't attack though). I made it HUMANOID_SIMPLE not a blob though because I needed to make it able to keep the creature's equipment.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:25:59 pm by UristMcVampire »

Naga/Lamia race

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 05:36:36 pm »

define "can be attacked"

also I'm pretty sure a transformation always makes a creature drop its stuff?

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 09:13:58 pm »

define "can be attacked"

also I'm pretty sure a transformation always makes a creature drop its stuff?

A random animal I used instantly killed me with a scratch.

And I discovered that transformations always make you drop your stuff but at least with HUMANOID_SIMPLE you can pick them back up.

Naga/Lamia race