Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Still Vengeful

(1/3) > >>

Leonidas:
In the discussion of the stress system, I haven't seen any discussion of the biggest problem that my dwarves have: feeling vengeful when joining an existing conflict.

In 44.10, these vegeance hits stacked indefinitely, which multiplied into a major problem in big battles. It doesn't seem to have been fixed in 44.12. Why haven't other people been complaining about this?

Shonai_Dweller:

--- Quote from: Leonidas on August 18, 2018, 08:39:20 pm ---In the discussion of the stress system, I haven't seen any discussion of the biggest problem that my dwarves have: feeling vengeful when joining an existing conflict.

In 44.10, these vegeance hits stacked indefinitely, which multiplied into a major problem in big battles. It doesn't seem to have been fixed in 44.12. Why haven't other people been complaining about this?

--- End quote ---
You'll need to define "stacks indefinitely". How much stress is it adding each time? Is it effecting everyone in the fortress? And you say it's occuring multiple times in everyone for a big battle? So the thoughts screen is filled with Vengeful in Conflict thoughts repeated endlessly like corpses used to give (then repeated periodically as dwarves dwell on feeling vengeful, presumably?).

Useful info can help Toady fix the issues. "Complaining" basically achieves nothing.

Fleeting Frames:
I don't know about 44.10, but I recall compounding vengefulness caused tantrums in breadbowl (42.06), as well as in many other pre-emotion rework forts.
If it it's still present, a pack of keas is going to be quite a menace. (Yes, the vengefulness thought at least used to be able to occur underground and through walls.)

Shonai_Dweller:

--- Quote from: Fleeting Frames on August 19, 2018, 07:11:38 am ---I don't know about 44.10, but I recall compounding vengefulness caused tantrums in breadbowl (42.06), as well as in many other pre-emotion rework forts.
If it it's still present, a pack of keas is going to be quite a menace. (Yes, the vengefulness thought at least used to be able to occur underground and through walls.)

--- End quote ---
Right, but is it still present? And how is it effecting stress in the current game? Stress was reworked, so what happened before is irrelevant if being vengeful isn't actually causing lethal stress levels right now. There could well be a good reason no-one's mentioned it in stress analysis threads so far...

In my own games, I've not noticed the old issue of dwarves far from the action feeling vengeful, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Rafatio:
The thought seems to occur multiple times per fight even for a single opponent, or at least it can. 13x vengeful for killing a single bird doesn't exactly look reasonable, especially for an on-duty soldier. Bigger fights can result in a rather miserable month for everyone who fights. And quite a few far away dwarves still get the thought, at least only once from what I saw. It is not exactly fort ending in itself, just one more negative thought for most of them unless everyone is already on edge. Checked just now against a giant Kea that got into my courtyard in .44.12

A slight positive, everyone affected by vengefulness gets their help someone need satisfied, even those who recieve the thought by mistake.

Edit: strange, the vengeful thought doesn't seem to make it out of the bright white stage, it is nowhere to be seen in the "last season" section. Maybe thats why it only bothers those who look, the effect seems extremely shortlived.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version