Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Land Wars  (Read 3692 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2018, 01:42:00 pm »

I am actually going to pass. I see too many red flags and am concerned this game will be D.O.A.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2018, 03:23:22 pm »

I may be wrong, but I think the deal breakers would be the GM looking for a replacement to handle combat, and the GM wanting to play as player, not (just) the theme.

This is mostly correct.

The main problem is that you appear to be attempting to get someone else to GM the game for you. I was already under the impression that the combat was the primary reason that this game would even need a GM.

The other problem is that not only do you want to have a "GMPC", but you are also "Reserving" a theme; meaning that not only would you be playing your own game, but your civilization would be able to do things that other players cannot which is even worse. (I will cede that there is very little chance that anyone would want a Roblox theme though).

You also have a long history of immediately dumping the games you post, but I'm not using that as a reason.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2018, 03:36:32 pm »

I think I'm going to withdraw from the game, The wanting to foist off Gming combat and the Gm wanting to play as a race is way too many red flags for me personally.
both of those are a sign of a GM that doesn't want to actually GM.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:42:51 pm by frostgiant »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2018, 04:26:35 pm »

Well if I'm the only person even trying to make a faction at this point then yeah I'm dropping this as well, as much as I love the idea of a game with such an open theme.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2018, 04:35:40 pm »

Well gee. I feel a little guilty now.

I might consider making a game like this at some point, though it would take some time to completely rewrite the game mechanics.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2018, 06:40:13 pm »

I think I'm going to withdraw from the game, The wanting to foist off Gming combat and the Gm wanting to play as a race is way too many red flags for me personally.
both of those are a sign of a GM that doesn't want to actually GM.

I didn't mention I needed someone to do the war modding, I was just mentioning what would happen if someone volunteers for the war mod position.
it's over

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2018, 09:54:14 am »

You know, just to bring it up, regular troops will just have a simple HP system, which is: Alive, Injured, and Dead. For heroes, it's chunky salsa.
it's over

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2018, 11:26:17 am »

Probably would of played until I realized it was 0cra tr0per. Seriously though, the reason I'm not playing is mostly because a GM who does not want to GM is not a good GM.

EDIT: Happy now? :P
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 07:23:20 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2018, 11:57:27 am »

Probably would of played until I realized it was Ocra. Seriously though, the reason I'm not playing is mostly because a GM who does not want to GM is not a good GM.

who the fuck is ocra

I've chosen a format that relies on players updating their stuff themselves instead of having a GM do so, as the Land Wars forum game is designed to have most GM intervention involve managing battles between civilizations, help players with specific game mechanics and designing stuff, and generally made to allow the GM to have spare time so the GM can do other things as well.
it's over
Pages: 1 2 [3]