Dwarf Fortress > DF Community Games & Stories

The Mountain of Failiure: a succession game for "noobs"

(1/11) > >>

Simon_science:
Seeing as last update to the previous attempt at a "noob" freindly succession game has not seen an update in a few weeks, I have decided to go ahead and do one myself. Now, for a more nuanced description of what this is, this is a Dwarf Fortress succession game made for the people that would like to try a succession game but dont think they know the game enough to be on par with other "forumites" who do a lot of this kind of thing. I personally feel like "noob" is too harsh of a term, but its good for advertisement so i'll keep it in the title  ;D. This is officially for Novices. As a bare minimum, please be familiar with most of the *very basics* of DF, ergo what you learn when you read the wiki guide. Now we should get into world generation and such shall we?

Just because this is for novices dosent mean i'll go easy on world generation though! All about that !!FUN!!

World Settings:
Medium world size
Very short history
High amount of civilisations
High amount of sites
Very high amount of beast
High natural savagery
Frequent minerals

Sil Som, The Plane of Oracles

So beforehand I wanted to name the post after the generated name for the fort. but then something struck me as odd:
A single purple prick in the middle of the wilderness. I know Purple is DANGERZONE, but I decided to cursor over to it and I saw the name:
"The Mountain Of Failiure"

... This is too perfect of a name for this to pass up on. This is the site! I wont embark yet- i'll let the council of Overseers decide where when we get to that. Other then the fact that the mountains are haunted, the site looks pretty nice: most biomes have no aquifer and metal both deep and shallow.
Lastly, some ground rules:
1: Time per overseer is 2 in game years in one irl week. You can stop earlier if you want.
2: No atomsmashing enemies
3: No using Adamantine untill we breach HFS (and even if we do, will probably impose restrictions on its usage)

Overseer Turn order for round 1:
1: Xavreon
2: Simon_Science
3: Staalo
4: TBE
5: Edelveiss
6: Saladman

Overseer Update Posts!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Round 1:
Turn One: Xavreon
Update One:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171809.msg7836675#msg7836675
Update Two:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171809.msg7838125#msg7838125

Some of this is subject to change of course. Sign up though comments! otherwise, I dont think I got much else to say for now.
 ;D

TBExtent:
Sign me up!

Edelveiss:
I'm in!
Ok, i'm bad in fortress mode and even survive for 2 years in an evil biome will be a challenge, but i'll try to do my best!

Xvareon:
Please sign me up, I would love to give this an earnest try. I've never played in an Evil biome, much less Evil Mountain, especially with that much savagery. I am dearly looking forward to this!

Staalo:
I'd really like to get my hands dirty with this succession game thing. Sign me up for a turn!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version