Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Land Wars  (Read 3661 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Land Wars
« on: August 22, 2018, 11:51:50 am »

I advise making your civilization somewhat unique from your generic medieval empire. I am not strict at all on themes, so go make your kingdom whatever you want it to be themed after.

DISCLAIMER:
Quote from: The original post
Your theme can be absolutely anything and is encouraged to have a theme that will stand out
Therefore, if you aren't willing to play a game where people have no limits with their civilization's themes, maybe you can create your own but with very strict theming, only allowing civilizations that existed IRL.[/b]

Hello and welcome to Land Wars, a forum based grand strategy game! In it, players create fictional high-fantasy nations and send their armies after other players in an effort to conquer the world, or failing that, each other. It's a ton of fun.

If you're new, welcome, and read on; it may be a lot but I promise the game is less complicated than it sounds and it's absolutely worth it.

You can now put your pitchforks with "TL;DR" engraved onto them down, the wall of text just ended.

If you want to join, PM your day 0 update! The deadline to do so is September 1st, after which point the game will start.

(Replace the placeholder fields with something else.)
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Day X]
[b]General Info[/b]:
Civilization Name:
Theme: Mundanity
Day 0
Capital: Townton
Acquired Kingdoms: None

[spoiler=Information]
[b]Map(s)[/b]:
A picture of the map of the kingdom and any acquired kingdoms would go here, along with a description of the map and any other necessary material.[/spoiler]

[b]Troops & Heroes[/b]:
[i]Troops[/i]:
A description of each unit type would go here.

[i]Heroes[/i]:
A description of each of your heroes & their capabilities would go here.

[b]Supplies:[/b]
[i]Foreign[/i]:
A description of each supply you've acquired through trades and other outside acquisition would go here.

[i]Domestic[/i]:
A description of each supply indigenous to your kingdom would go here.

[b]Projects[/b]:

Descriptions of any notable completed projects that aren't really self-explanatory ("mass produce healing potions" for example) go here. This would be the best place for projects that involve building a fortress/structure or any project that requires additional explanation.

[b]Other[/b]:

Players can choose to leave this area blank. This is an optional space where people can put things such as the history of the kingdom, anything roleplay or in-character related, or it can just be a few random notes about your army and kingdom.
[hr]
Troops:
1000 Footmen
1000 Buffalo Soldiers

Total: 2000

Recruitment:
100 Footmen
100 Buffalo Soldiers

Total: 200

Supplies:
Starbucks-Coffee Cannon
Baconators

Projects:
Mass produce Baconators (0/3)
Recruit Commander Blanche McNorman (0/2)

Completed Projects:
None.
(if this list gets extensive, I advise using some form of spreadsheet to quickly categorize it, since this site doesn't support dual layer spoilers. It should always be clear how many days it took to complete a past project.)

Log: this is just where you put your thoughts for the day, typically in-character stuff from your kingdom's leader(s). Feel free to put OOC stuff outside.[/spoiler][code]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:55:58 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 11:52:15 am »

CIVILIZATIONS AND LINKS TO THEIR LATEST UPDATE(S):

Fenrir Empire - Day 0
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:06:00 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 01:29:41 pm »

Will be making a kingdom for this.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 01:31:30 pm »

This is cool, Pm'd a kingdom for this.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 02:05:20 pm »

I've accepted frostgiant's day 0 update, so I'll wait until he posts it before I add the day 0 update to the second post.
it's over

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 02:22:46 pm »

Hmm, not sure this is a game for me, will definitely want to see it played first, so I won't be joining in, but I will be watching with great interest.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 02:26:12 pm »

The game will end when ... The players decide to rebel against the GM by making it hard to maintain a game designed for low GM maintenance.

heh, hehe. Ha. Ha hehe, HA. AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 02:29:13 pm »

The game will end when ... The players decide to rebel against the GM by making it hard to maintain a game designed for low GM maintenance.

heh, hehe. Ha. Ha hehe, HA. AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Don't even think about it.
it's over

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 02:36:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have withdrawn from this game, Leaving my sheet underneath the spoiler.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:41:40 pm by frostgiant »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 02:48:08 pm »

Considering the sheer freedom available to you guys, I'm hoping to see some proper unique or out-there factions. If I don't then I may just have to force myself to man up and make my own next time a Land Wars game comes along.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 03:03:07 pm »

*sigh* I did give you the better formatted version via a pm reply, but oh well.

it's over

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 03:03:53 pm »

That was the formatted one that you had sent me, I copy pasted it.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 03:18:59 pm »

That was the formatted one that you had sent me, I copy pasted it.

Oh, well I'm pretty sure you didn't use the exact update template at the bottom of the OP.

If you'd like to paste all the info into the proper template then edit your post, the code is here:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Day X]
[b]General Info[/b]:
Civilization Name:
Theme: Mundanity
Day 0
Capital: Townton
Acquired Kingdoms: None

[spoiler=Information]
[b]Map(s)[/b]:
A picture of the map of the kingdom and any acquired kingdoms would go here, along with a description of the map and any other necessary material.[/spoiler]

[b]Troops & Heroes[/b]:
[i]Troops[/i]:
A description of each unit type would go here.

[i]Heroes[/i]:
A description of each of your heroes & their capabilities would go here.

[b]Supplies:[/b]
[i]Foreign[/i]:
A description of each supply you've acquired through trades and other outside acquisition would go here.

[i]Domestic[/i]:
A description of each supply indigenous to your kingdom would go here.

[b]Projects[/b]:

Descriptions of any notable completed projects that aren't really self-explanatory ("mass produce healing potions" for example) go here. This would be the best place for projects that involve building a fortress/structure or any project that requires additional explanation.

[b]Other[/b]:

Players can choose to leave this area blank. This is an optional space where people can put things such as the history of the kingdom, anything roleplay or in-character related, or it can just be a few random notes about your army and kingdom.
[hr]
Troops:
1000 Footmen
1000 Buffalo Soldiers

Total: 2000

Recruitment:
100 Footmen
100 Buffalo Soldiers

Total: 200

Supplies:
Starbucks-Coffee Cannon
Baconators

Projects:
Mass produce Baconators (0/3)
Recruit Commander Blanche McNorman (0/2)

Completed Projects:
None.
(if this list gets extensive, I advise using some form of spreadsheet to quickly categorize it, since this site doesn't support dual layer spoilers. It should always be clear how many days it took to complete a past project.)

Log: this is just where you put your thoughts for the day, typically in-character stuff from your kingdom's leader(s). Feel free to put OOC stuff outside.[/spoiler]
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 04:22:33 pm »

I read almost half of the intro post before I realized that the GM was 0cra...

To the person who needed a hiatus because two sentence long updates once per day was, and I quote: "Too much going on in this game" in Demigodhood Multiverse... I feel I must ask how exactly you intend to handle this game before I go to the trouble of making an application. It looks like much much more than two sentences of updates per day is going to be involved in this.

Edit: Ok, I'll admit that this is a lie. I'm filling out the application just for the sheer love of versatile applications. But I still want to know your plan for this.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:15:50 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 05:48:18 pm »

Nngggh, alright, I'm caving. I want to make a faction for this, the problem is figuring out which idea I want to use.
Pages: [1] 2 3