Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Land Wars  (Read 3724 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Land Wars
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 06:04:36 pm »

I read almost half of the intro post before I realized that the GM was 0cra...

To the person who needed a hiatus because two sentence long updates once per day was, and I quote: "Too much going on in this game" in Demigodhood Multiverse... I feel I must ask how exactly you intend to handle this game before I go to the trouble of making an application. It looks like much much more than two sentences of updates per day is going to be involved in this.

Edit: Ok, I'll admit that this is a lie. I'm filling out the application just for the sheer love of versatile applications. But I still want to know your plan for this.

I've seen this game concept on other forums, and since each player does the updates for their kingdom, most GM presence will be in combat, helping players understand game mechanics, and generally make sure people don't give themselves unfair advantages.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 06:58:27 pm »

I'm pessimistic about this whole thing, but I sent in an application anyway.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 07:04:37 am »

*sigh* I did give you the better formatted version via a pm reply, but oh well.

That was the formatted one that you had sent me, I copy pasted it.

Oh, well I'm pretty sure you didn't use the exact update template at the bottom of the OP.

If you'd like to paste all the info into the proper template then edit your post, the code is here:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Day X]
[b]General Info[/b]:
Civilization Name:
Theme: Mundanity
Day 0
Capital: Townton
Acquired Kingdoms: None

[spoiler=Information]
[b]Map(s)[/b]:
A picture of the map of the kingdom and any acquired kingdoms would go here, along with a description of the map and any other necessary material.[/spoiler]

[b]Troops & Heroes[/b]:
[i]Troops[/i]:
A description of each unit type would go here.

[i]Heroes[/i]:
A description of each of your heroes & their capabilities would go here.

[b]Supplies:[/b]
[i]Foreign[/i]:
A description of each supply you've acquired through trades and other outside acquisition would go here.

[i]Domestic[/i]:
A description of each supply indigenous to your kingdom would go here.

[b]Projects[/b]:

Descriptions of any notable completed projects that aren't really self-explanatory ("mass produce healing potions" for example) go here. This would be the best place for projects that involve building a fortress/structure or any project that requires additional explanation.

[b]Other[/b]:

Players can choose to leave this area blank. This is an optional space where people can put things such as the history of the kingdom, anything roleplay or in-character related, or it can just be a few random notes about your army and kingdom.
[hr]
Troops:
1000 Footmen
1000 Buffalo Soldiers

Total: 2000

Recruitment:
100 Footmen
100 Buffalo Soldiers

Total: 200

Supplies:
Starbucks-Coffee Cannon
Baconators

Projects:
Mass produce Baconators (0/3)
Recruit Commander Blanche McNorman (0/2)

Completed Projects:
None.
(if this list gets extensive, I advise using some form of spreadsheet to quickly categorize it, since this site doesn't support dual layer spoilers. It should always be clear how many days it took to complete a past project.)

Log: this is just where you put your thoughts for the day, typically in-character stuff from your kingdom's leader(s). Feel free to put OOC stuff outside.[/spoiler]
I believe you are missing a '[/spoiler]' tag in your code, hence why the format is a little fucky.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 07:52:50 am »

Just to clear up any ambiguity, when you talk about days, are they in-game days or RL days?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 08:06:08 am »

Just to clear up any ambiguity, when you talk about days, are they in-game days or RL days?

IRL.
it's over

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 09:21:24 am »

Alright, so I've pretty much decided on what faction I want to use. There's just one question, what should we do for our map if our kingdom is mostly vertical? As in, I want to have my civilization be Hallownest from Hollow Knight, but it's a subterranean civilization, so the kingdom stretches downwards far more than it does outwards.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 09:41:26 am »

PTW. I may send in an application at some point.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 10:06:57 am »

Alright, so I've pretty much decided on what faction I want to use. There's just one question, what should we do for our map if our kingdom is mostly vertical? As in, I want to have my civilization be Hallownest from Hollow Knight, but it's a subterranean civilization, so the kingdom stretches downwards far more than it does outwards.

For the map that will be displayed on the big map, it should be a top-down, 500x500 pixel 10 mile by 10 mile area.

Your kingdom can have multiple maps which won't be displayed on the main map, which can be any size and from any point of view, but the main map, the 500x500 pixel map displayed on the big map which I'll make september 1st, will be top down.
it's over

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 08:11:13 pm »

Just a reminder, I'm reserving a cursed roblox images theme in case someone volunteers in doing all the war mod work for me, because I wouldn't trust myself to be bias-free in battles involving my own civilization.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 08:47:16 pm »

Just a reminder, I'm reserving a cursed roblox images theme in case someone volunteers in doing all the war mod work for me, because I wouldn't trust myself to be bias-free in battles involving my own civilization.

And I'm out. This one post contains no less than two deal breakers in it.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 06:54:50 am »

And I'm out. This one post contains no less than two deal breakers in it.

Listen, I did mention in the original post that there were no limitations on civ themes.

For fucks sake, there were several minecraft-themed civilizations in older Land Wars games on other sites.

Also, I'm putting this here:
Quote from: The original post
Your theme can be absolutely anything and is encouraged to have a theme that will stand out
Therefore, if you aren't willing to play a game where people have no limits with their civilization's themes, maybe you can create your own but with very strict theming, only allowing civilizations that existed IRL ;)

I'm also putting the above snippet from the OP outside of the spoiler as a disclaimer.
it's over

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 06:58:36 am »

I may be wrong, but I think the deal breakers would be the GM looking for a replacement to handle combat, and the GM wanting to play as player, not (just) the theme.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2018, 07:01:52 am »

Damn it, I want in now. I'll have a faction in a wee bit if there's still room.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2018, 10:00:59 am »

I decided to append a link here in my signature to try and get more people to join this game, it may or may not work.

I should also point out that if you make your civilization on an area which isn't accessible via conventional means, raiders will get magically teleported to somewhere where they can reach the entrance with conventional means.
it's over

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2018, 12:16:18 pm »

Out of curiosity, what exactly does the GM (you) do besides war moderation? I ask because it sounds like you just want to pawn GMing off on someone else.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 [2] 3