Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Nazushmonom 'Blood Paper', a Library-focused game  (Read 9890 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Nazushmonom 'Blood Paper', a Library-focused game
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 06:54:17 am »

Might I claim the chef?
No turn, sorry.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 04:55:18 pm »

I can start the turn tomorrow if Simon's busy.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 06:31:14 pm »

I can start the turn tomorrow if Simon's busy.
Beat me to it, lol.  I just got home, and will be gone most of next week.  The library is yours, sir.  I'll update the list of who needs a Dwarf and leave that to you.
Might I claim the chef?
No turn, sorry.
I'd like a dwarf.
Feel free to pester Deus now :P

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 11:28:09 pm »

Huh, correction to my "1500" pig tails: Add potash. Also, use two burrowed farmers for 50 tiles. It's been so long I had completely forgotten about the second, and had forgotten to mention the first.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:31:09 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 02:55:17 am »

I'd like to be dwarfed as the raid leader if that's not taken yet. Name can be "Dozebom," that's the usual abbreviation. It's a bit different from my usual dwarfing tendencies, but I'll be a book-recovering soldier. That's pretty awesome.

I'd also like to be added to the turnlist.

FF: can't you make glass book bindings? I know that for some reason, you can't make glass scroll rollers, but I could have sworn I saw bindings in the list.

Edit: the wiki explicitly states that glass can make book bindings, and implies that glass can make scroll rollers as well. I know that the latter implication is false, unless I'm just very bad at finding options on a list. But perhaps the two tools are inexplicably different. It's annoying, since scroll rollers are far more useful. They're simpler to use as well.

Eh, like you said, quires work fine.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:01:24 am by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2018, 06:02:26 am »

Um, you totally can make glass scroll rollers. From my last post in Solstice Chronicle:

(The magnetite ones are the random ones.)

If you can't find the option, you can always use manager (useful with, say, instruments or metal mechanisms as well).

(I'm going for scrolls since they keep the name of copy in item name plus can be decorated further (ex an image of the battle with buzzard in named buzzard bone) and produced preemptively.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:04:05 am by Fleeting Frames »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 10:26:00 am »

Deus Asmoth’s Journal - 301
1st of Granite
So it appears I’m taking charge of this fortress for the time being. To be honest, I took the position of chief medical dwarf here to get away from the capital. Start over somewhere quiet and all. I wasn’t really looking to be in control of anything, but with only fifteen of us here so far I imagine it’s more of an honorary title than anything else. For now though, I’ve ordered the others to finish off the outer walls, since it looked like there might be a few ways around corners for agile invaders. We’re also going to dig a well inside the walls – after all, a hospital is going to need some fresh water.

18th of Granite
The miners reported finding cassiterite while digging some exploratory shafts. Since we already have copper ore in one of the lower levels, we’ll be able to smelt bronze as soon as we get some proper forges up and running.

26th of Granite
Some migrants have arrived from the capital. At first I didn’t pay them much attention, but they didn’t stop coming for a while. This brings our total number up to forty-one dwarves, though six of them are but children. One of the migrants is apparently a legendary gem cutter, but I’ve never heard of him before.
17th of Slate
Our expedition leader, Asmel Kudustoddom has been running about, possessed by forces unknown. We’re keeping an eye on him, but with any luck he should come out the other side with no ill effects.
23rd of Slate
Asmel has completed a millstone that he claims is going to be a family heirloom of his. I don’t really see what sets it apart from other millstones, but he’s very proud.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
30th of Felsite
Spring draws to a close with no sign of any traders. We’re still trying to get more bedrooms to accommodate all the new arrivals, but the fortress is doing well.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 07:01:38 pm »

Deus Asmoth’s Log – 301
15th of Hematite
A dwarf called Meng Shemasiz arrived today to study in the library. He claims to be a naturalist, though he’s wearing a full set of clothes.

30th of Hematite
Another group of migrants arrived, bringing out population to fifty-three. Several dwarves had some medical training, so I’ve established a second library beside the hospital where we can hopefully share our learning and perhaps even advance our knowledge a bit.

22nd of Galena
One of the planters decided he wanted to make a millstone as well. I’m hoping this doesn’t mark the beginning of a trend.

10th of Limestone
Our outpost liaison has arrived, along with traders from the Mountainhome. With any luck they’ll have something worth buying.

14th of Limestone
King Zultan has given birth to a baby girl. One of the stray sows has also given birth to piglets, which are significantly more useful to our fortress in the short term.

15th of Limesone
The others decided to elect a new mayor while Asmel, our expedition leader was in the middle of speaking with the outpost liaison. The liaison doesn’t appear to have taken kindly to this, and left without finishing the trade deal.

18th of Limestone
In the end, we only got one scroll from the merchants. It’s called An Introduction to Anatomies. Hopefully it’ll be useful in training any aspiring doctors here.

11th of Timber
Some of the visiting scholars have left, and taken some of our scrolls with them. I’ve banned any visitors from the libraries until we can come up with a better solution.

1st of Obsidian
I've used some migrants that weren't going to be doing anything useful and a visitor to let Dozebom create an... ahem, "acquisitions department". It currently has fourteen members, and will hopefully result in many new pieces for our collection.

Notes for successors:
- So, the militia is mostly untrained at the moment. They have weapons but no armour, and once there are some more members it may be worth separating them out into squads by weapon.
- I'm pretty sure we still need more bedrooms, but I left the miners digging out ores and such for a while.
-The entrance is slightly changed:

Militia barracks is just by the entranceway, and the well it on the top left. The original well is in the middle left, but it turns out that freezes over from late autumn to spring.

- The second library, hospital and church are all on one level here:

- Another fishery might be good since there seems to be a lot of raw fish coming in at the moment. I don't know what to do with all the mussel pearls we have.

I think that's pretty much it. The fort doesn't seem to be on the brink of collapse.

EDIT: Forgot the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14004
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:55:01 am by Deus Asmoth »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 07:14:53 pm »

Props to Deus for his enthusiasm on this little project :)  Sadly, every other person who expressed interest has not reported back, so I'm afraid this particular Fort is DoA.  Perhaps the idea can be used as a community Fortress for the aspiring story teller.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2018, 09:28:37 pm »

I would like to request a dorf, and a turn

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2018, 11:17:23 pm »

Grab the save right above you and go ahead :)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 07:36:08 am »

I have the save, will be playing today
EDIT: I'll be honest, I completely forgot about this... will (hopefully) do tomorrow
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:03:43 pm by scourge728 »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2018, 07:01:28 pm »

Hey, look at that!  Scourge, feel free to take over.  You might even be able to get a few books written, even if it's just copies.  Though having a Dorf write a brand new book would be sweet.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2018, 03:58:45 pm »

I want in on LIBRARY FORT.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2018, 06:06:31 pm »

Honestly, I didn't play yesterday, and now I've entered the fort and all the tiles are broken because I don't have the graphics pack or anything else that comes with the LNP

EDIT: I had a tactical victory.... but it MAY have been a strategic error
EDIT:Entire year will be tommorrow
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:16:59 pm by scourge728 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4