Author Topic: CULT  (Read 71645 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2018, 06:06:02 pm »

Is it tomorrow yet?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2018, 08:04:18 pm »

(Dammit.  Probably should have spent Favor on that roll.)

Leave the car, camera in hand, and bolt away from the car.  If the moth attacks, use a favor point to ensure I reach solid cover.  Take pictures as soon as I'm out of reach of the creature.  Hide as long as necessary until the moth goes away or other people arrive.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:23:09 pm by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2018, 06:23:43 pm »

If enough time has passed, wake up. Since my research into that church hasn't gotten me much useful, I'm changing tracks. Look around my house a bit, I vaguely recall looting at least one book about occult/cult-y stuff from either Tojo or Uncle Ho. Those might be a good starting point to find something useful or otherwise pleasing to the Scholar.

If not, snooze some more and think of the fun times I had during the Tet offensive. 

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2018, 02:57:11 pm »

If it's time yet, wake up and fix breakfast.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2018, 03:02:20 pm »

It's still night, guys.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2018, 12:04:02 pm »

Unfortunately if you just went to sleep You kinda ended your participation until the day ends. I'll try and get these guys through their encounters quickly so we can start the next day.

(Dammit.  Probably should have spent Favor on that roll.)

Leave the car, camera in hand, and bolt away from the car.  If the moth attacks, use a favor point to ensure I reach solid cover.  Take pictures as soon as I'm out of reach of the creature.  Hide as long as necessary until the moth goes away or other people arrive.

(Make sure to add your camera to your possessions list)
[3] You leap out of your car and sprint across the road for the nearest bit of cover: a row of low brick buildings, the closest being a closed laundry mat. Your intention is to just toss yourself through one of the windows and take cover inside. As you run, you hold the camera behind your back as steady as you can and snap pictures. You're about halfway across the 10 meters to the safety of the shop when you hear that same non-noise, the great thump of silent air pressure, and a comet of green light streaks over your head and impacts the storefront. Metal shrieks and glass shatters as the moth lands, the energy of its leap smashing the storefront inwards and sinking dents down around its feet. Its upside down, head pointed towards the ground, but its eyes are still on you. Alien, unknowable eyes that glitter with reflected light.

Now, using favor to ask for something works like this. You must write out exactly what your wish is. It must be 50 characters or less. And then we roll the favor die to see how well it turns out. The results are usually instant.

Woah! Gnarly.
"Chillax dude. I'm not a rat. And besides, I'm gonna need the tape for what comes next. Now hold him down and check his wallet while I save him, will ya?"

Keep recording.

Ask the Scholar to give me the power or knowledge to revive this man. Or something like that. I'm not sure how this favor thing works. Do what would be best with it to achieve the objective of undeadening the man.

If that doesn't work, then... run away, I guess.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
[6] [favor -1]
You look at the man and wish silently to yourself.

"Give me what I need to bring this man back to life"

You immediately double up in pain and collapse to the ground. You can't control the reaction, your legs just lose all their strength and you crumple. You feel like every single muscle in your body has been worked out to the point of failure and is now twitching and charlie horsing. Your guts feel like you have the worst case of food poisoning and your lungs scream like you just sprinted the circumference of the globe without taking a breath. Absolutely every part of you is in screaming agony for a few seconds and then it subsides. It doesn't vanish so much as it immediately dulls, as though you have removed the strain and now all that remains is the thudding ache in its wake. You open your eyes and suck in a few breaths, not daring to sit up yet.

"Ow." you grunt.

"That is not a good thing, damn it.  Give me the tape.  Then... go back to your house, call <phone number>.  They'll be able to help.  Not the police, that's roulette."

Well, shit.  Demand Helen give Guile her camcorder's tape, first thing.  If she doesn't comply, well, d12 strength.  Guile's not playing nice with someone who has evidence of him murdering someone.  Edit: If she doesn't comply, he'll stand back as she requested, then when she's distracted, he'll force her to the ground, take her camera, and take the tape out and crush it.  Or smash the camera if that's infeasible.  If this turns into a chase instead, use Favor to level speed to d10.

Then, check the guy over, try and figure out whether he's dead, or just stunned.  If he's alive, roll connections for someone who can treat a severely wounded person and won't ask questions.  Dead, roll for a cleaner.  Tell Helen to call whichever one is rolled for.  Edit: Helen isn't cooperating, so Guile will call himself after he drags the body into the house.  Both bodies, if he ended up killing Helen by accident too.  Edit 2: Actually, no, don't call anyone yet, I'm curious where this is gonna go.  Disposal might end being more natural and easy without calling in favors.

Move the body into the house, and if he's alive, try to keep him that way.

You're in the middle of talking when Helen drops. You freeze for a moment as she writhes and then jump up and back from her, head whipping around and looking for the source of her evident pain. Images of gunmen hiding in the bushes flash through your mind and you try to look everywhere at once. You see nothing and so, with a muttered curse you go to Helen's side. She's already stopped spasming and is now lying still and limp but breathing and apparently awake. You check her over, looking for injuries but find none, so you kneel next to her and pull her up a bit so she's sitting with her back against your leg. She hisses in a breath as you do so, apparently sore.

"What happened." You whisper to her, still looking around.

"I asked for a favor." She says, voice still low and breathy.

You look down at her to ask her what and notice her face, lit in the porch light. She was young before and still is but not quite as young. Its the kind of change that might be attributed to the strain of whatever happened, easy to mistake for just being very tired or run down. She looks 3 or maybe 5 years older. She's lost weight too, not a lot but it is noticeable. You stare at her in shock for a moment before you hear something behind you. It sounds like a branch breaking in reverse; a crunching grind leading to a sharp inverted crack. And then the man sucks in a ragged gasp before he starts breathing normally.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2018, 12:20:17 pm »

(I wanted to use it to maximize the roll to flee for safety.  Since he survived, It's not a big deal.  Camera added, as well.)

"The hell do you want, bug!"

Take one more picture, and try to figure out what the mega-moth wants.  If it flies over to attack, run towards it this time and under it instead of away from it, and try to get past it somewhere indoors.  If it doesn't attack, try to find a weapon from whatever debris is around.  (Not from my posessions, just see if there's any scraps of metal or something that look usable.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2018, 12:24:38 pm »

"Hah. Didn't I tell you? Radical."
"Now can you get him to the house please? Maybe tie him up and check his wallet, just in case? I'd help but I'm hella tired and I'm dying for some grindage."
"Oh, but check to make sure he's safe to move. Don't want to kill him again. That would be a waste."

I hope I recorded all that.
Try to go home and eat and drink and then sleep. Request help from Guile if not possible on my own.
Leave the camera and a fresh tape to Guile so that he can record the man.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:32:16 am by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2018, 03:26:08 pm »

"...Yes.  You should rest, whatever you just did, it was not healthy.  You look like it took a lot out of you."

Well, I guess if he's not dead, Helen can keep her tape.  Get the man into the house, and restrain him.  Gag him too, for now.  Then go help Helen inside.  Encourage her to go sleep, and if she does, check the man's pockets, and then interrogate him.  Guile would prefer he hear whatever the man says without Helen having a chance to interfere.  If he can't get Helen to leave them alone, he'll let her start interrogating the man, and then go call 911 on the phone and report that there was a peeping tom spying on Helen while he was visiting, and that he captured the man and wants a cop to come arrest the guy.  Act like a very angry father.

...I want to say more, just to get the night over with, but Guile could do a lot of different things depending on what the man tells him if he's interrogated, and I imagine Paris will want to interfere with the 911 plan if Guile tries that.

Edit: Guile will record the man while he interrogates him; if something comes up that Guile needs to hide, he can always dispose of the tape.  Question him about who he is, why he was spying on the house, and what groups he's connected to (don't explicitly mention the occult, though).  Don't physically harm the man, and don't be too aggressive or accusative; this man might have potential as an ally.  Also, ensure that the camcorder never records any part of Guile himself.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2018, 06:34:47 am »

"Normally I'd pump myself full of caffeine so that I can get to see what's up here. But sleep sounds too perfect to ignore right about now. Just please wake me up or at least try to record if anything interesting happens?"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:40:04 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2018, 08:46:02 am »

Keep on snoozing and having pleasant 'Nam dreams.

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2018, 11:01:22 am »

(I wanted to use it to maximize the roll to flee for safety.  Since he survived, It's not a big deal.  Camera added, as well.)

Take one more picture, and try to figure out what the mega-moth wants.  If it flies over to attack, run towards it this time and under it instead of away from it, and try to get past it somewhere indoors.  If it doesn't attack, try to find a weapon from whatever debris is around.  (Not from my posessions, just see if there's any scraps of metal or something that look usable.)

[7] You glance around and find a cut metal rod, square shaped and hollow, about 3 feet long, the ends showing a bit of melting from where they were cut with a plasma cutter. You pick up the rod and hold it out in front of you like a bat.

The moth looks at you and then a voice screams into your head. It rings like a silver bell, beautiful and deafening.

With that the entire block starts to shake.

"Hah. Didn't I tell you? Radical."
"Now can you get him to the house please? Maybe tie him up and check his wallet, just in case? I'd help but I'm hella tired and I'm dying for some grindage."
"Oh, but check to make sure he's safe to move. Don't want to kill him again. That would be a waste."

I hope I recorded all that.
Try to go home and eat and drink and then sleep. Request help from Guile if not possible on my own.
Leave the camera and a fresh tape to Guile so that he can record the man.

The camera is still on, still recording, though you weren't in a great state to really point it at anything. Have to check the tape later.  You leave it behind for Guile and then head inside. You pass out on your bed with a half eaten bag of potato chips next to you.

"...Yes.  You should rest, whatever you just did, it was not healthy.  You look like it took a lot out of you."

Well, I guess if he's not dead, Helen can keep her tape.  Get the man into the house, and restrain him.  Gag him too, for now.  Then go help Helen inside.  Encourage her to go sleep, and if she does, check the man's pockets, and then interrogate him.  Guile would prefer he hear whatever the man says without Helen having a chance to interfere.  If he can't get Helen to leave them alone, he'll let her start interrogating the man, and then go call 911 on the phone and report that there was a peeping tom spying on Helen while he was visiting, and that he captured the man and wants a cop to come arrest the guy.  Act like a very angry father.

...I want to say more, just to get the night over with, but Guile could do a lot of different things depending on what the man tells him if he's interrogated, and I imagine Paris will want to interfere with the 911 plan if Guile tries that.

Edit: Guile will record the man while he interrogates him; if something comes up that Guile needs to hide, he can always dispose of the tape.  Question him about who he is, why he was spying on the house, and what groups he's connected to (don't explicitly mention the occult, though).  Don't physically harm the man, and don't be too aggressive or accusative; this man might have potential as an ally.  Also, ensure that the camcorder never records any part of Guile himself.

You drag the man in and tie him to a chair with some extension cords and packing tape. Once you've got him restrained you dig into his pockets.  He as 50 dollars in wadded up random bills, a drivers license that, upon a second look, isn't him but could pass for him, a folding knife, a piece of paper with an an address (Probably this one) on it, and a dime bag of cocaine. You shake the man till he wakes up and then turn the camera on him while you interrogate him. [5]

The man responds in a dreamlike way, as though not quite all there. He doesn't seem to hold anything back either. Apparently someone, a woman, paid him 50 dollars and that baggie of cocaine to keep watch on you. Not you specifically, but Helen and anyone who comes to the house. He says they wanted to know anything that went on. You ask for a description of the woman and when he was supposed to meet her to tell her about what he saw. He says she told him to go to a particular part of the beach 3 days from now and that she had curly blonde hair and was "A cutie".

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 17, 2018, 11:43:26 am »

Spend favor on a power:

"Grant me fire breath, as would befit a dragon."

After that, use said power and set the moth aflame.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:34:05 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 17, 2018, 02:30:32 pm »

Yeah, that's good enough.  Put a sock in the dirtbag's mouth, duct tape it in, and lock him in a closet.  Then go ensure all the doors are locked, and crash on the couch.  Camcorder will be left on the table, tape intact.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #269 on: October 21, 2018, 12:03:50 pm »

Spend favor on a power:

"Grant me fire breath, as would befit a dragon."

After that, use said power and set the moth aflame.

[2][-1 favor]
You call out for help but no one responds.

The fire hydrants on the street tear free and rocket into the air. The moon seems to swell overhead and a sapphire blue pupilless iris flickers into being across its surface, shimmering with a thousand facets, as though it were made of broken glass. You can hear the waves in the ocean even from here; hear them crashing in with tsunami force. The moth flaps its wings once and is suddenly above you, without seeming to ever occupy the space between the storefront and where it is now. It flaps again and is 40 feet up and away from you, moving towards the beach in shimmering bursts of movement. The water from the erupting hydrants flows after it, snaking through the air  as though along invisible pipes.  Moths, small ones, still flutter all over, but the lights have returned and things seem a bit more sane now that the creature is further away. You look up at the moon and its normal again.

Yeah, that's good enough.  Put a sock in the dirtbag's mouth, duct tape it in, and lock him in a closet.  Then go ensure all the doors are locked, and crash on the couch.  Camcorder will be left on the table, tape intact.

Done.

Dev, if you're just going home after this PM me, I'll end the turn and give us the new cards right away.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36