• [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: CULT
« Reply #405 on: January 15, 2019, 01:52:32 pm »

"Clean."

Clean up. Closing shop for the night.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"We're going to need to dump the body somewhere; that Canis bolthole at the church might work for now. Anyone have any better suggestions?"

Help with the clean up and disposal of the body, whatever we agree to do with it.

Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)

Cleaning up the blood and such is easy; wiping things down with paper towels and bleach, carefully scrubbing all surfaces before then doing a nice hydrogen peroxide wash as a final precaution against chemical tracing.  The corpse and all the organs is a bit harder. The housewife takes the organs and you carefully wrap the body and clothing in trashbags, mummifying it in layers and dumping odor absorbing cat litter into the body cavity and inbetween the layers of trashbags.

"Maybe we can burn the corpse then scatter the bones and ashes into the sea?" Alexis suggested. "Simply burying or discarding him would attract unwanted attention when he begins to rot."

Wash hands and clean up the crime scene surgical ward in the best way a housewife knows how, with plenty of bleach and soap. Help preserve the organs.

You set the organs aside but you're going to need some preserving chemicals and containers to really keep them in good shape.

"I know someone who can get rid of the body, no questions asked and all. Go and preserve the organs while I'm calling him, we may want to study or sell them later."

Wash my hands, then call one of my connections to get rid of the body.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
[11]
You call in a favor you have with one of the shadier fellows you know. He comes around with a black van sometime around 1 am and takes the corpse, avoiding security cameras as he does so.

Go to the Scholar orb and show her the tape. Does she have an opinion on the abducted person, those guys that abducted him or the guy from the TV station I sold the tape to?

Record the body for a few seconds. Because why not?

Once that's done, leave the copy of the tape there then go back home ASAP and catch some Zs. I'm in no mood to deal with human sacrifice at the moment.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
You play back the tape for the scholar and get a distinctly unpleasant feeling. A distinctly dangerous feeling, like something very large and hungry is standing behind you, dribbling down your neck.

You head home, though you spend the entire way looking over your shoulder and securely bolt and barricade the doors and windows once you are home.

"Dammit, Helen, I'm taking ordinary pictures so I can reduce them to microfiche and have a properly secret library.  Undeveloped film is also easy as pie to destroy, and I'm not leaving them around here.  Take your records with you."

Do the cleanup and head home.  If Helen leaves that videocasette here, grab it and take it home, it's too incriminating.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
You take the video with you and head home yourself.

Everyone good for heading home and starting a new day?

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 15, 2019, 01:59:50 pm »

((I am but one thing first))

"I'd hate for this stuff to rot on use," ALexis said as she rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "Ooh, I know!"

Purchase a large container and several bags of ice. Place the organ into the container and pour ice over them. Put the container in a hidden spot in the lab and go home to Hubby.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 15, 2019, 03:17:25 pm »

Cue the sun.

Hotfire90

« Reply #408 on: January 15, 2019, 04:38:23 pm »

Time to head home.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 15, 2019, 06:40:41 pm »

Go home.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2019, 07:13:30 pm »

Helen went through the routine of maintaining her camera, recharging it and preparing it for tomorrow. She was using it a lot more with this cult business, so a little extra attention to it was warranted. Plus it helped take her mind off this overwhelming fear and help her relax enough to go to sleep. Despite that she still felt uneasy as she headed to her bed. She decided being paranoid was better than being dead, so she searched for some precaution that would put her mind at ease.

Put a glass bottle or a jar or something in front of my bedroom door as an improvised alarm, a last line of defence. Better safe than sorry.

Set the alarm for early in the morning. Gonna pay a visit to Mr. M. Santana tomorrow, so I better get there as early as possible.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 17, 2019, 05:51:10 pm »

Head for home and bed.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #412 on: January 18, 2019, 11:06:38 am »

((I am but one thing first))

"I'd hate for this stuff to rot on use," ALexis said as she rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "Ooh, I know!"

Purchase a large container and several bags of ice. Place the organ into the container and pour ice over them. Put the container in a hidden spot in the lab and go home to Hubby.

You carefully place the organs in a styrofoam cooler and fill it with ice (-3 dollars). You then slip the cooler into a hidden corner of the lab and further hide it behind some boxes and lab manuals. That done, you head home.

Helen went through the routine of maintaining her camera, recharging it and preparing it for tomorrow. She was using it a lot more with this cult business, so a little extra attention to it was warranted. Plus it helped take her mind off this overwhelming fear and help her relax enough to go to sleep. Despite that she still felt uneasy as she headed to her bed. She decided being paranoid was better than being dead, so she searched for some precaution that would put her mind at ease.

Put a glass bottle or a jar or something in front of my bedroom door as an improvised alarm, a last line of defence. Better safe than sorry.

Set the alarm for early in the morning. Gonna pay a visit to Mr. M. Santana tomorrow, so I better get there as early as possible.

You place an empty coke bottle against your bedroom door and then set your alarm clock for early the next morning.

Head for home and bed.

Cue the sun.
Time to head home.
Go home.

Everyone goes to bed. And they all dream the same thing: Running. They dream of running from some unseen horror which nips at their ankles, through dark and monolithic trees that loom down over them. Every time they look over their shoulder to see what chases them, they get a glimpse of nothing but a seemingly ordinary human face atop something wholly inhuman. A different face each time, anonymous men and women, none familiar, stretched over the hunting maw of some terrible beast. You see scattered corpses of other men and women off to the side of the forest path, the familiar sigils of the other hidden gods carved upon their foreheads.  Just as the beast bounds forward in a leap that is set to crash down on you, the forest melts away and you find yourself in a void of red. The void splits and opens into an eye, staring directly at you. Your fellow cult members fade into being around you and you feel a profound feeling of protection and safety.   

And then, as you move to be with them, something flashes through your memory, fragments of past images: A Library sign with "Silence is golden" on it, a fence with "Beware of the Dog", and others like it. They fracture and come together like words cut from magazines and pasted on a ransom letter.

"BEWARE THE SILENT ONE. THEY SEEK YOUR END. TRUST NO ONE."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #413 on: January 18, 2019, 11:17:00 am »

ER: Raise Madness to d4.  Lower favor by one level

You feel a sudden and profound attachment to blades and anything with a sharpened edge. You feel like you can do anything with them. In fact, you feel like you NEED to do things with them.

Hotfire90

« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2019, 08:34:11 pm »

Head to the library and return the books, then return to the cult basement.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 19, 2019, 09:12:03 pm »

"Wasn't planning to."

Purchase a real knife. Keep it hidden.

Return to the university basement and wait.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 20, 2019, 07:37:58 am »

Wake up.  Wonder about the dream.  In response to the dream, use two points of favor to increase both Guile and Willpower to d8.

Then time to head back to the lab.. the photo lab stuff is due in today.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #417 on: January 20, 2019, 08:33:31 am »

Phone the hospital and check if I can visit M. Santana.

Before going to the hospital, is there something like the online police bulletin used in the modern day to announce arrests? Or could I call the police station and ask? If so, try to find the names of the other guys that were arrested for the kidnapping yesterday. Pretend I'm a member of the press, if they ask.

Then go to the hospital.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:25:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 21, 2019, 11:22:18 am »

((Who's is this ER person? Is it just Egan's character?))

Awaking up from that strange and foreboding dreams, Alexis got up and fixed breakfast. She then cleaned the house and made sure her husband's clothing was washed and ironed. After taking care of the house, Alexis decided to:

Go to the store to purchase a can of mace. After that, she intend to arrange for a tour of CHOMP, pretending to be someone interested in working there as an orderly.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 21, 2019, 02:44:08 pm »

Search the news - t.v. and papers - for any new information about the flooding, then head to the university. Once there, find out if there are any departments monitoring the ocean and how to contact them.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36