Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #435 on: February 06, 2019, 03:39:10 pm »

"Well, are we ready?"

Time to go explore that abandoned town.
Also grab the eye and bring it along on our expedition. Keep it hidden until we arrive, obviously.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:54:36 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #436 on: February 06, 2019, 09:24:24 pm »

[5]
Dev, reduce favor by 1, add one level to corruption.

Sean takes on a noticeably reptilian appearance. His teeth all grow long and sharp, his skin looks like something between scales and normal skin,a sort of segmented flesh look, and his eyes go slitted and yellow. His nose shrinks down to almost nothing, becoming little more than slit nostrils with a bit of vestigial flesh where the bridge would have been.  Smoke starts to flow from his nose and mouth in thin streams, almost like he's hiding a lit cigarette somewhere in his sinuses. His tongue elongates and forks an his voice takes on a whispery, raspy, hissing sort of tone. 

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 06, 2019, 10:36:25 pm »

(I left for one minute and already Sean's gone and got himself morphed into a dragon man.)

Her perception enhanced, Alexis marveled at the intricate patterns of the mural beneath the water of the well. Indicating a constant state of movement, a sort of flux, the stars seemed to dance as if alive. Turning to the tour guide, Alexis spoke, "This well seems to be the highlight of this tour. Care to explain its history?"

Using a great choice of words, Alexis will attempt to lower the guide's guard enough to get her to make a slip, possibly gain information that she won't get otherwise. If that don't work, Alexis will examine the well closely to discover any details and hidden mechanisms that most wouldn't notice.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:38:22 pm by Sir Elventide »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 08, 2019, 12:48:41 am »

Try to get out of here, with the box of human organs, and get into my car with Ailn.  Then we can head out to the lost town.

Since Ailn has harnesses, lets go the shorter, normal route.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #439 on: February 08, 2019, 12:21:03 pm »

To the abandoned town.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #440 on: February 08, 2019, 12:34:24 pm »

Listen carefully on the door. If it sounds like he's got company and there's no one around, try eavesdropping for a while. Maybe I'll hear something useful.

If I can't hear anything, then quietly enter the room. If he's asleep, then look around for a bit, go through his stuff. Maybe I'll find something interesting.

If he's awake, then there's some things I wanna say to him, but I wanna see his condition and the room we're in as well as his reaction to seeing me before I fully decide how to approach this.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:36:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 08, 2019, 06:42:16 pm »

A shame, that. Best not to push the issue, though.
Tell him to sleep on it and warn him to be careful of these superiors brushing things under the rug; then make my goodbyes and go to join the group heading out to the abandoned town.
Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)

EDIT - Just realised I never put in the +2 Favour from the dissection; updated my sheet accordingly.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:44:05 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #442 on: February 16, 2019, 01:11:47 pm »

To the abandoned town.
"Well, are we ready?"

Time to go explore that abandoned town.
Also grab the eye and bring it along on our expedition. Keep it hidden until we arrive, obviously.

Try to get out of here, with the box of human organs, and get into my car with Ailn.  Then we can head out to the lost town.

Since Ailn has harnesses, lets go the shorter, normal route.

Sean, carrying a hopefully inconspicuous box (I mean, compared to his lizard face anything anything is gonna be inconspicuous), Richard, and Ailn head out to the car and trace their previous path back towards the lost town. Its relatively easy to find it again and they make it there within an hour or two. The zip line is still there and the town looks abandoned as ever.

(I left for one minute and already Sean's gone and got himself morphed into a dragon man.)

Her perception enhanced, Alexis marveled at the intricate patterns of the mural beneath the water of the well. Indicating a constant state of movement, a sort of flux, the stars seemed to dance as if alive. Turning to the tour guide, Alexis spoke, "This well seems to be the highlight of this tour. Care to explain its history?"

Using a great choice of words, Alexis will attempt to lower the guide's guard enough to get her to make a slip, possibly gain information that she won't get otherwise. If that don't work, Alexis will examine the well closely to discover any details and hidden mechanisms that most wouldn't notice.

[5]
The guide tells everyone that apparently the pool has quite a bit of mystery and legends around it. When it was made, the director of the hospital was a woman who was notorious for her love of moons and moon imagery, said to be a witch or something of the sort. They say that the fountain has something underneath it, and that there are hidden mechanisms that track the cycle of the moon.  The guide says all this in a faux-conspiratorially way, like she's letting you in on a little secret in a joking manner.

Listen carefully on the door. If it sounds like he's got company and there's no one around, try eavesdropping for a while. Maybe I'll hear something useful.

If I can't hear anything, then quietly enter the room. If he's asleep, then look around for a bit, go through his stuff. Maybe I'll find something interesting.

If he's awake, then there's some things I wanna say to him, but I wanna see his condition and the room we're in as well as his reaction to seeing me before I fully decide how to approach this.

You head to the second floor and towards the room. When you turn the corner and head down the hall where the door should be you notice that there's a hospital guard standing out in front of one of the rooms. Even odds that's Mr. Santana's room.  You head over and show the guard the key. He looks at you very carefully but then steps aside and lets you in.  You head into the room and close the door behind you.  The room is fairly typical of a hospital, though clearly made in older times. Has a 1960's vibe to it. The penrose tiles, in a mix of dark and light blues, on the floor are quite odd for a hospital though.  Santana is laying in a bed, apparently asleep, with an IV drip and a heart monitor. He looks pretty beat up but not horrifically injured.

A shame, that. Best not to push the issue, though.
Tell him to sleep on it and warn him to be careful of these superiors brushing things under the rug; then make my goodbyes and go to join the group heading out to the abandoned town.

EDIT - Just realised I never put in the +2 Favour from the dissection; updated my sheet accordingly.
Alexander says his goodbyes and then heads out to the abandoned town in his jeep, following instructions given to him earlier by Sean.  He gets there maybe 20 minutes after the others, making up time with his more suited to the terrain vehicle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 16, 2019, 01:49:04 pm »

"I hope there's something interesting out here."

Take the eye out of my bag and show it the place from this side.
Then put it back, make sure it's secure, and head across the line.

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 16, 2019, 03:37:59 pm »

"Could you just leave that there a sec, Ailn?"

While the eye is watching, find out what human meat tastes like, both raw, and after firebreath testing, cooked.

Also, stand well back and find a barren looking area to test my firebreath.  Start by seeing what the least amount I can bring forward is like, and then try larger amounts until I'm maxed or it's starting to get dangerous.  Do stand well away for this.

Then proceed to the town via the zipline.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:20:26 pm by Devastator »

Hotfire90

« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2019, 03:54:20 pm »

Power up. Spend four points of favor to increase dexterity by two and speed and awareness by one.

Use the zipline when everyone is ready.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2019, 05:35:39 pm »

Alex rooted through the toolbox on the seat behind him, grabbed the pliers, and stuffed them in his pocket. Might come in handy. Then he hoisted the shotgun over his shoulder and Ran to catch up with the others. "Sorry I'm late, guys. Ran into something interesting at the University."

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #447 on: February 17, 2019, 04:14:38 am »

Have a quick look around the room to make sure there isn't something I missed. Then activate the camera so that it will record our conversation, go sit down next to him and gently wake him up. If possible, try to move the call nurse button out of his reach before waking him, in case he panics and tries to press it immediately.

Dunno if you want me to RP this or not, but my aim with this is basically this (I don't expect this all to be resolved in a turn, I'm just giving you my thoughts/plan):
1. Introduce myself, say that I was in the room next to him and called the cops to save him when I realized he was in trouble. This should help explain who I am and hopefully make him feel some gratitude if he isn't a complete asshole.
2. If he asks how I got in here, tell him the truth: I merely called and asked and got lucky with the password. Express how impressed I am with the fact that they got an entire hospital for themselves.
3. If he asks why I came here, tell him the truth: I'm curious and want to learn more. I also have information I could offer them in return. I figured talking to the man I saved would be the easiest way to do so, since he would probably be more inclined to trust me.
4. Express interest in what this "Flux" thing they were asking him about is. What is it and what is his relationship to it? I am very interested in learning more and maybe even joining. After all, if it is powerful enough to cause those floods and important enough to endure such torture, then it must really be worth it. My aim here is to get in Flux's organization and learn more about it. Or at least have a more friendly relationship with Flux's organization.
5. Inquire about who those people that kidnapped him were. Are they government or another organization similar to his? They must have connections in high places given what I've seen of them. Offer to share more in exchange for what he knows. I'm thinking I could tell them about this corporate exec that prevented this thing from getting to the news and the fact that those people were never arrested.

If rolling is involved use that mechanic where I also roll the fate die and take the best roll. This conversation is important enough to risk losing favor. Maybe I could use my observation skills and the fact that he's connected to a heart rate monitor to better judge his mental state and hopefully gain an advantage?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:29:30 am by Parisbre56 »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 19, 2019, 11:41:18 am »

"Ah, it's quite an interesting centerpiece of this hospital and an interesting history behind it. I can understand why this director moved the Moon; it's quite beautiful."

Attempt to 'get lost' from the tour to study the Moon Pool more closely, maybe even gain access to the thing hiding underneath the pool/ Think of a clever excuse if caught.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #449 on: February 20, 2019, 06:19:19 pm »

Post soon.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36