piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: CULT
« Reply #450 on: February 21, 2019, 02:17:37 am »

"I hope there's something interesting out here."

Take the eye out of my bag and show it the place from this side.
Then put it back, make sure it's secure, and head across the line.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You show the place to the Eye. You feel uneasy, but at the same time interested.

Power up. Spend four points of favor to increase dexterity by two and speed and awareness by one.

Use the zipline when everyone is ready.

Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
You feel yourself becoming quicker. It tingles and your limbs feel sort of noodle like for a moment.

"Could you just leave that there a sec, Ailn?"

While the eye is watching, find out what human meat tastes like, both raw, and after firebreath testing, cooked.

Also, stand well back and find a barren looking area to test my firebreath.  Start by seeing what the least amount I can bring forward is like, and then try larger amounts until I'm maxed or it's starting to get dangerous.  Do stand well away for this.

Then proceed to the town via the zipline.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Human flesh uncooked is terrible. Its tough while also being squishy, very stringy and just unpleasant on all accounts from taste to texture.  Cooked (which is hard to do with puffs of fire) it tastes something like pork but a bit off. Not bad but a little strange.

I won't bother to roll for this but in general the longest shot you can do is maybe 100 feet. You breath out in one of two ways; a sort of jet of flame and a napalm like blast that throws a burning fluid out. The jet is powerful but short range and the napalm is less immediately damaging but can be shot longer distances.

Sean, Richard and Ailn all zipline over the river without incident. The town that greets them is a shadow of its former self, almost entirely lost to time and nature save for a few buildings along the main street that are still somewhat intact. Its hard to tell but they look like homes; no sign of any obvious shops or other kinds of buildings. Outside of the largest one there are crates and supplies that are very clearly newer than the rest of the town, though there's no noise or other signs of inhabitants...though the rushing of the river makes hearing anything difficult.

"Ah, it's quite an interesting centerpiece of this hospital and an interesting history behind it. I can understand why this director moved the Moon; it's quite beautiful."

Attempt to 'get lost' from the tour to study the Moon Pool more closely, maybe even gain access to the thing hiding underneath the pool/ Think of a clever excuse if caught.
(( I think you'll want to have a sheet and redo this action ))

Have a quick look around the room to make sure there isn't something I missed. Then activate the camera so that it will record our conversation, go sit down next to him and gently wake him up. If possible, try to move the call nurse button out of his reach before waking him, in case he panics and tries to press it immediately.

Dunno if you want me to RP this or not, but my aim with this is basically this (I don't expect this all to be resolved in a turn, I'm just giving you my thoughts/plan):
1. Introduce myself, say that I was in the room next to him and called the cops to save him when I realized he was in trouble. This should help explain who I am and hopefully make him feel some gratitude if he isn't a complete asshole.
2. If he asks how I got in here, tell him the truth: I merely called and asked and got lucky with the password. Express how impressed I am with the fact that they got an entire hospital for themselves.
3. If he asks why I came here, tell him the truth: I'm curious and want to learn more. I also have information I could offer them in return. I figured talking to the man I saved would be the easiest way to do so, since he would probably be more inclined to trust me.
4. Express interest in what this "Flux" thing they were asking him about is. What is it and what is his relationship to it? I am very interested in learning more and maybe even joining. After all, if it is powerful enough to cause those floods and important enough to endure such torture, then it must really be worth it. My aim here is to get in Flux's organization and learn more about it. Or at least have a more friendly relationship with Flux's organization.
5. Inquire about who those people that kidnapped him were. Are they government or another organization similar to his? They must have connections in high places given what I've seen of them. Offer to share more in exchange for what he knows. I'm thinking I could tell them about this corporate exec that prevented this thing from getting to the news and the fact that those people were never arrested.

If rolling is involved use that mechanic where I also roll the fate die and take the best roll. This conversation is important enough to risk losing favor. Maybe I could use my observation skills and the fact that he's connected to a heart rate monitor to better judge his mental state and hopefully gain an advantage?

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
You get as far in your plan as waking the man before a hitch comes in. When you wake him, once the initial grogginess is passed, he focuses on you and just sort of stares. Not in fear or anger or confusion just...stares. Like he's looking at something very far away. You tell him that you were the one that saved him from the attack, that you were in the room next to him. He stares. You wait. He just keeps staring. There's something very odd about his gaze. You feel it is far too intent and penetrating for a normal man.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #451 on: February 21, 2019, 02:34:24 am »

I've met cats before. I know what to do.

STARE BACK HARDER! Do not  blink more than necessary. Do not look away. If he wants to start a staring contest, then I'm going to win it!

Edit: If enough time passes with nothing happening, start doing funny faces to get him to laugh. But do not look away.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:36:48 am by Parisbre56 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 21, 2019, 02:47:22 am »

Didn't someone say something about the silent ones?

"Okay, keep your eyes open and weapons ready.  I expect anyone hiding might try for me first, that was pretty obvious, so you guys should be safeish.  Lets see what we can find out.. and maybe we should have the eye out as well, it might want to know."

Examine everything, starting with the crates to see what is labelled on them, and if any of them are open.  Or trapped.  Keep looking around to the abandoned buildings, looking for any signs of recent activity.  Or traps.  Also look for trails or marks on the ground where equipment might have been once but was removed.  What might someone have been doing here?  Try to remain attentive to hostile activity, as much as my examinations allow.

If no activity is noticed, try to open one of the crates and use the gear within to increase my Posessions die.

Lastly, don't forget the orb directions that lead me here.  Can I feel the orb giving me any more specific directions?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:26:27 am by Devastator »

Hotfire90

« Reply #453 on: February 22, 2019, 11:25:02 am »

Check out the building with the crates. Look inside the windows for any inhabitants or signs of recent inhabitants, also check if the door is locked.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 22, 2019, 02:38:17 pm »

"Ah, it's quite an interesting centerpiece of this hospital and an interesting history behind it. I can understand why this director moved the Moon; it's quite beautiful."

Attempt to 'get lost' from the tour to study the Moon Pool more closely, maybe even gain access to the thing hiding underneath the pool/ Think of a clever excuse if caught.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #455 on: February 28, 2019, 02:48:23 pm »

I've met cats before. I know what to do.

STARE BACK HARDER! Do not  blink more than necessary. Do not look away. If he wants to start a staring contest, then I'm going to win it!

Edit: If enough time passes with nothing happening, start doing funny faces to get him to laugh. But do not look away.

After a long period of silence the man motions towards the window, seemingly wanting you to open it.

[3]
Despite your best attempts to quietly slip away from the group, the eagle eyed tour guide is there the entire time and guides you back onto the right path with a gentle rebuke every time.  The tour ends without you being able to get away, but you did memorize the way to the pool and you think you could easily make it back there.

Check out the building with the crates. Look inside the windows for any inhabitants or signs of recent inhabitants, also check if the door is locked.
Didn't someone say something about the silent ones?

"Okay, keep your eyes open and weapons ready.  I expect anyone hiding might try for me first, that was pretty obvious, so you guys should be safeish.  Lets see what we can find out.. and maybe we should have the eye out as well, it might want to know."

Examine everything, starting with the crates to see what is labelled on them, and if any of them are open.  Or trapped.  Keep looking around to the abandoned buildings, looking for any signs of recent activity.  Or traps.  Also look for trails or marks on the ground where equipment might have been once but was removed.  What might someone have been doing here?  Try to remain attentive to hostile activity, as much as my examinations allow.

If no activity is noticed, try to open one of the crates and use the gear within to increase my Posessions die.

Lastly, don't forget the orb directions that lead me here.  Can I feel the orb giving me any more specific directions?

Richard and Sean start examining things. The crates seem to contain mostly camping food, MREs, toilet paper, other provisions for living away from society. A quick check shows that while they are far newer than other things, they aren't exactly brand new. Judging from the materials, they're probably a year or two old. The building they're next appears, at first, to just be an abandoned structure, but the door past the entry way is clearly newer than the wood around it and its easy to see that someone has patched holes and generally made the structure more sturdy. Past this door is basically a single large room that looks like it might have been a saloon or something like it. Now, however, it looks like some sort of safehouse or abandoned emergency shelter. There are sleeping bags, still unrolled and sitting open, more crates of goods, old tables with books, playing cards, plates, even rotten food on them.  Whats more, there's signs of a struggle and old stains that are most definitely blood. This place was abandoned quickly and amidst violence. 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 28, 2019, 02:53:44 pm »

"Warmer, warmer. Come on..."

Search the rest of the place. I need something to cut already, dammit.

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 02, 2019, 12:24:28 am »

"I shoulda wished for night vision.  ..although maybe I do have it, considering my new eyes."

"If you need to cut something, why don't you check out the riverbank?  There might be fish in there."

"Or.. maybe whittle something?  There's lots of wood about."

Is all the blood inside?  Does that imply that the attacks occured at night?  It would make sense with the lunar things..

For now, look around for any hatches or underground areas.  There may be hidden spaces below these buildings.  Include checking for outhouses.. I doubt there is plumbing around here.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:46:49 am by Devastator »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #458 on: March 02, 2019, 07:03:50 am »

I see no reason why I shouldn't grant the man's request. Open ze window!

Hotfire90

« Reply #459 on: March 02, 2019, 01:37:45 pm »

Aid with the searching, leave nothing unchecked.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #460 on: March 05, 2019, 12:31:09 pm »

"Warmer, warmer. Come on..."

Search the rest of the place. I need something to cut already, dammit.

You walk back out into the forested areas, straying farther from the ghost town until you spy, maybe 30 or 40 feet away, a rabbit. Some sort of brownish hare, a plump and fuzzy.

"I shoulda wished for night vision.  ..although maybe I do have it, considering my new eyes."

"If you need to cut something, why don't you check out the riverbank?  There might be fish in there."

"Or.. maybe whittle something?  There's lots of wood about."

Is all the blood inside?  Does that imply that the attacks occured at night?  It would make sense with the lunar things..

For now, look around for any hatches or underground areas.  There may be hidden spaces below these buildings.  Include checking for outhouses.. I doubt there is plumbing around here.

The blood seems to be concentrated in this one room, though going back out you can see droplets of it elsewhere that you didn't notice or at least didn't recognize as blood before.
[4]
A quick check around the building and surroundings doesn't reveal anything specific, but you do find a cellar door that has apparently been chained closed.

Aid with the searching, leave nothing unchecked.
[3]
You look around, searching the buildings. There are bits of paper and small hints of former inhabitants and what might have been ritual materials but nothing that tells you much. Just a pewter bowl here or a big pile of dead moths there.

I see no reason why I shouldn't grant the man's request. Open ze window!

You open the window and a moment later a single greenish moth flutters in and lands directly on  Santana's head. He jerks a bit but then relaxes.  When he opens his eyes and looks at you, they are the same color as the moth.

"Servant of Red, what business have you here?" He asks, his voice seemingly backed by a separate female voice.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #461 on: March 05, 2019, 07:25:29 pm »

Helen dipped her head slightly in a vain attempt to hide her smile. It took all her (admittedly limited) restraint to resist petting the thing.
What a fluffy little moth hat! So cute! she thought.
Not sure if I should get the camera out. But at least I'm getting this legit awesome one-man duet! What a neat trick. I bet it would be great for parties.
She took the fact that her identity as a follower of the Scholar was known in stride. That just meant she didn't have to lie, which greatly simplified things.

"Oh, you know how us red like to play it. We like to poke our heads in where they don't belong to figure out what's what. And we like to stay alive. So that's why I've come here. To trade information and hopefully strike a deal with you."

"The Scholar has been warning us that we are being hunted. So I'm thinking, maybe the ones coming after us are the same going after you. I know they tried to get someone to watch my house. And I know they've been trying to cover up your kidnapping, hiding it from the news and police records. I have some names and pictures but I don't have the whole story. I lack context. Context that you could help provide. I was hoping that you'd be able to tell me more about the situation in this city. Perhaps together we could put the pieces of the puzzle together."

"I was also hoping we could cooperate against our common foe, or at least get a truce going. We stay out of your hair, you stay out of ours. If we don't waste our efforts fighting each other, we can focus on the important things. Plus, you seem really cool and I'd like to learn more about you. It's easier to do that when we're not at each others' throats, don't you think?

"Would that be something you'd be interested in?"

Negotiate. Once again, if rolling is involved, use that mechanic where you also roll favour and take the best roll. This seems important and/or dangerous.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:33:14 am by Parisbre56 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 06, 2019, 08:35:00 pm »

"Well, this looks suspicious."

Are the chains new, or old?  Lie down and try to listen to see if there is any activity underneath it.  Then try to open it, mouth at the ready.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 08, 2019, 09:19:50 am »

"Hrmp, well that was disappointing." Alexis said to herself. "Time to try something else."

Ask where the bathroom is. Attempt to access the pool again whenever possible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #464 on: March 08, 2019, 11:52:36 am »

Helen dipped her head slightly in a vain attempt to hide her smile. It took all her (admittedly limited) restraint to resist petting the thing.
What a fluffy little moth hat! So cute! she thought.
Not sure if I should get the camera out. But at least I'm getting this legit awesome one-man duet! What a neat trick. I bet it would be great for parties.
She took the fact that her identity as a follower of the Scholar was known in stride. That just meant she didn't have to lie, which greatly simplified things.

"Oh, you know how us red like to play it. We like to poke our heads in where they don't belong to figure out what's what. And we like to stay alive. So that's why I've come here. To trade information and hopefully strike a deal with you."

"The Scholar has been warning us that we are being hunted. So I'm thinking, maybe the ones coming after us are the same going after you. I know they tried to get someone to watch my house. And I know they've been trying to cover up your kidnapping, hiding it from the news and police records. I have some names and pictures but I don't have the whole story. I lack context. Context that you could help provide. I was hoping that you'd be able to tell me more about the situation in this city. Perhaps together we could put the pieces of the puzzle together."

"I was also hoping we could cooperate against our common foe, or at least get a truce going. We stay out of your hair, you stay out of ours. If we don't waste our efforts fighting each other, we can focus on the important things. Plus, you seem really cool and I'd like to learn more about you. It's easier to do that when we're not at each others' throats, don't you think?

"Would that be something you'd be interested in?"

Negotiate. Once again, if rolling is involved, use that mechanic where you also roll favour and take the best roll. This seems important and/or dangerous.

((Moth hat, woo-oo))

"Servants of the Empty one hunt all who peer beyond. They will make no bargain. Acolyte are thee, knowledge false or immature. We have no quarrel so long as our secrecy is not impaired. To do so places us in danger, from you and from those your wild flailing arouses. Consider this: you claim that we have hidden our presence through suppression of news and the acts of the police.  We have not.  Such is the work of the Silent one and by your actions you have gained their attention."

"Well, this looks suspicious."

Are the chains new, or old?  Lie down and try to listen to see if there is any activity underneath it.  Then try to open it, mouth at the ready.

The chains look about as old as the crates, maybe a few years? Not terribly old but not brand new either.

You press your ear to the ground and try to hear if anything is going on. After maybe a minute or two you stand back up, convinced you hear nothing.

You don't think you can get these chains off without tools. You might be able to melt them but you'd probably burn everything down before that happened.

"Hrmp, well that was disappointing." Alexis said to herself. "Time to try something else."

Ask where the bathroom is. Attempt to access the pool again whenever possible.

[4] You carefully slip away from the group and scuttle into the bathroom. You hide in a stall for what you think is a reasonable period of time and then scuttle back out. The coast is clear so you quickly make your way back to the pool. You make it without issue but there are several patients milling around or sitting near it for the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36