Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: CULT  (Read 71536 times)

Hotfire90

Re: CULT
« Reply #480 on: March 20, 2019, 01:06:55 pm »

Wait for the others to solve the light problem.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 23, 2019, 11:51:47 am »

"Whew. that was close," Alexis said as she placed a hand on her chest and took several breaths. "Now, what to do next?"

Go hang out with the New Age Bookstore lady. Maybe she heard something about the hospital or maybe she know some rumors about other things that Alexis can look into.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #482 on: April 04, 2019, 01:24:36 pm »

((Uh oh. Mood swings. I hope it's not angry at me.))

'There'?
"W-where?"

Cower in fear. Try to figure out what's going on.
Actually, screw that. Dump all favor into willpower, grab the moth and put it on my head and get the information about what's going on directly from the source.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
so +2 willpower eh? Ok. d10 then I suppose
[6]
Helen attempts to grab the moth off the man's head but the moment she touches it she gets thrown back away as though she touched a high voltage power line. In that instant of contact though, she sees something.  A small dark basement, lit as though by a emerald lantern. In it several bodies lay against the wall, clearly executed. The viewpoint is from oddly low, as though at about waist height.

Wish for the ability to see adequately in any lighting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wait for the others to solve the light problem.
[6] - 1 level favor, +1 level corruption

Ailn groans suddenly and grabs her face, the sound of wet snapping and popping coming from within her head. After a moment she straightens and her eyes are different. They are the same size but appear to be made of the same material that the "Eye" orb is made out of, a crimson substance, but totally smooth instead of engraved with an eye symbol.  Her vision, though tinted red, is now perfectly bright and clear, as though she were standing outside on a sunny day.

Wait for my eyes to adjust, there should be some light coming down from the stairs.  If it doesn't work, see if I can scrounge up torch material, such as a couple roofing shingles, some wire, and a long wooden or metal stick.  Nothing hard to find in a bunch of partially destroyed buildings.  Do the torch thing.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
Sean goes up stairs, grabs a piece of wood and carefully lights it on fire before walking back downstairs with it.

The basement is relatively small and unfinished, as it looked before, but now a few more things are visible.  There are maybe a half dozen or more corpses down here, all shrunken and desiccated with age. A few years at least.  Each has a clear hole in the back of its head and judging by the way they're lined up, hands bound, some still sitting up, others slumped down, it can be nothing else but the scene of a systematic execution. There are what look like ritual instruments in the room as well, smashed and rusted.  Sean suddenly yelps as his pocket starts to glow green and spit sparks like a magnesium fire.

"Whew. that was close," Alexis said as she placed a hand on her chest and took several breaths. "Now, what to do next?"

Go hang out with the New Age Bookstore lady. Maybe she heard something about the hospital or maybe she know some rumors about other things that Alexis can look into.

The lady (Did we ever get her name?) is quite happy to see you and talks very quickly and energetically about the Scholar and how great it all is and so on and so forth. Eventually you manage to actually cut in and ask about the hospital and rumors, to which she responds with two things.  First, the hospital is apparently known in the new age circles. They say that the administration are moon worshipers or witches or druids or something of the kind. Apparently been going on for generations.  Though precise info is hard to find. As per rumors, she says that a friend of hers that runs a housewares store just sold a very unusual number of knife sets to a single person. two dozen sets, each with 15 knives in them.  Her friend had no idea what the man wanted them for but he was very insistent about buying out her whole stock.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #483 on: April 05, 2019, 01:19:50 am »

Do I get any metadata about what I saw? Was it the past, present or future? Did it seem angry about it? Did it want to do something about it? Did it want me to do something about it?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 05, 2019, 01:34:50 pm »

Ailn sniffs the air.
"...Well, I think it's disgusting. It's clear that these people did not die for any noble cause. Still, evidence is knowledge."

Show this to the eye, and investigate. How are the corpses dressed?

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Hotfire90

« Reply #485 on: April 06, 2019, 10:06:58 am »

"We may have company."

Draw my revolver and check the entrance for any intruders.

Continue investigating the basement if I don't find anyone.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 06:16:17 pm by Hotfire90 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 06, 2019, 11:25:46 am »

Take the glowy thing out, presumably the moth, and follow the lead of the eye.. what are we to do here?

If there are no indicators, go examine the bodies.  Any wallets for identification?  Any cult symbols?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:29:46 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 07, 2019, 02:05:08 am »

"We may have company."

"Oh? What makes you say that?"

Hotfire90

« Reply #488 on: April 07, 2019, 06:15:34 pm »

Richard points toward Sean.
"His pocket is glowing green and is currently spewing out sparks. This place has been abandoned for years and whatever rituals that took place here probably weren't meant to scare away intruders.
I think we may have caught the attention of someone, it does seem odd that they would just abandon this place without bothering to clean it up."

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 08, 2019, 12:26:47 am »

((I'd just realized that I'd forgotten to add the Bear Mace to the Inventory))

"Wow, sounds like a real knife nut," Alexis said, whistling appreciatively. "One would think he was gathering knives for a small army... or a team of amateur surgeons. Did she say what he looked like, Ms...?"

Alexis will get the bookstore lady's name and head back to the hideout to check on things there. She will then go somewhere else, preferably to the abandoned church to search for anything the others may have missed during their last visit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #490 on: April 10, 2019, 01:31:14 pm »

Do I get any metadata about what I saw? Was it the past, present or future? Did it seem angry about it? Did it want to do something about it? Did it want me to do something about it?

You're pretty sure that
1. It was present
2. Those corpses were people it liked that had gone missing a while back and it didn't know were they were or what happened.
3. It wanted to atomize the people that did it. One atom at a time.  Over the course of a few weeks.
4. You are extremely insignificant right now.  It would be best if you simply stayed out of the way.

Ailn sniffs the air.
"...Well, I think it's disgusting. It's clear that these people did not die for any noble cause. Still, evidence is knowledge."

Show this to the eye, and investigate. How are the corpses dressed?

You show the eye and get a rather odd tingle. Not a "Oh interesting"  tingle but the tingle of "Well, that's rather dangerous".  Like standing on the edge of a cliff.

The corpses are dressed in fairly normal clothing, jeans, t-shirts, jackets, skirts, sneakers, and the like. Nothing about them looks particularly different that someone you'd grab off the street at random.

"We may have company."

Draw my revolver and check the entrance for any intruders.

Continue investigating the basement if I don't find anyone.

You draw your gun and walk upstairs to look around. Upstairs, in the shadows of the buildings, in the shadows of the trees, anywhere where the light of the sun was occluded, there are moths. Brilliant green moths in a layer thick as a shag carpet and oddly still. They're all looking at you.

Take the glowy thing out, presumably the moth, and follow the lead of the eye.. what are we to do here?

If there are no indicators, go examine the bodies.  Any wallets for identification?  Any cult symbols?

You pull the moth out and, despite it being dead, it suddenly darts out of your grip with preposterous strength and slams into one of the bodies like a flare. Greenish flame begins to spread across the body and leap to those next to it.  A lilting chant seems to rise out of the crackling flames and the entire room seems to drop about 20 degrees.

((I'd just realized that I'd forgotten to add the Bear Mace to the Inventory))

"Wow, sounds like a real knife nut," Alexis said, whistling appreciatively. "One would think he was gathering knives for a small army... or a team of amateur surgeons. Did she say what he looked like, Ms...?"

Alexis will get the bookstore lady's name and head back to the hideout to check on things there. She will then go somewhere else, preferably to the abandoned church to search for anything the others may have missed during their last visit.

Miss Catherine Marble is her name, apparently.  She seems to have trouble remembering it for a moment.

She heads to the hideout and checks things there. The man at the front desk waves her down as she steps in.  He hands her a cardboard box about a foot square and says it came in the mail earlier today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 10, 2019, 02:23:05 pm »

"What is this."

Record the chant in my notebook as best I can.
((If this takes a roll it should be Willpower because that's used for concentration. Awareness only mentions noticing things, and Knowledge is just for knowing things. Just a reminder based on the rules listed in the OP~))

Hotfire90

« Reply #492 on: April 10, 2019, 02:42:03 pm »

"Guys, we definitely have company. There are green moths anywhere where there's a shadow."

Stand still and keep my guard up, look for ways to create light outside of shooting my gun.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 04:28:18 pm by Hotfire90 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 10, 2019, 09:46:40 pm »

"Want me to burn them?"

Do what the others instruct me to do.  If not..

Observe.  Maybe the Moth-God has a reward for me.  I don't expect so, though, given how the giant moth attacked me earlier.  Try to learn something about the rituals of this god, and look for opportunities to steal power.

If attacked with something other than green fire, which might not damage me, fill the room with napalm and climb my way out.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:43:58 pm by Devastator »

Hotfire90

« Reply #494 on: April 11, 2019, 11:46:17 am »

"No need, they're not doing anything right now and agitating them could be a bad idea."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36