Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36

Author Topic: CULT  (Read 71618 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2018, 02:34:34 pm »

"Nudeclub or bookstore- either sounds good to me..."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2018, 02:42:44 pm »

Alexis stirred from her sleep, glancing sleepily at the others as they discussed where to set up the Scholar's temple. Personally, she would've chose the New Age bookstore if they managed to convince the owner to join their little sect. The church, on the other hand, was too far away even if it kept them hidden from prying eyes and Alexis didn't fancy fighting unwashed satanists. Of course, if a third option is needed, she can always use her own connections to find a better place.

"If you want, I can help search for other places. My husband is a businessman and I'd often accompanied him to galas hosted by realtors and other property owners. Perhaps they may have some unwanted bookstores or similar properties available on the cheap?"
Spoiler: Alexis L. Cromwald (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:46:36 pm by Sir Elventide »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2018, 02:50:13 pm »

"The nudeclub would be an asset, but not as a place of worship. Now the church sounds more promising, but there's the issue of distance, 30 miles is quite a long distance on foot and I'm not looking forward to walking there every day."
"Agreed. The distance does make it good for a fall-back location though I think, in case we ever need to get out of dodge and hide out. There's little chance anyone will connect that place to wherever we end up deciding to settle here."

Hotfire90

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2018, 03:01:37 pm »

"Alright let's start thinking about what we're doing today. A few of us should explore the church, make sure it's abandoned and check what it offers in terms of space. I also think that we should recruit the old lady, she and her store could prove invaluable, I'd need the artifact for that and I'd prefer to be accompanied by someone.

Anything else we should plan to do for the day?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2018, 03:13:15 pm »

"Alright let's start thinking about what we're doing today. A few of us should explore the church, make sure it's abandoned and check what it offers in terms of space. I also think that we should recruit the old lady, she and her store could prove invaluable, I'd need the artifact for that and I'd prefer to be accompanied by someone.

Anything else we should plan to do for the day?"

"I'll accompany you to the old lady. Having another old coot there might make her more at ease. It's a generational thing.

Other than that, I don't know. I'm assuming we'll get more guidance once we've secured our Patron a suitable place of worship. Maybe gather funds and equipment?"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2018, 05:12:59 pm »

I'm with you on the bookstore lady; if she gets a lot of occult-seekers through her shop she should be useful for picking out potential new members. The nightclub I'm not sure on; it could be a good base in the city, though perhaps not what our patron has in mind for a main place of worship.

The church could be good, though the rumours of Satanists there could attract investigation from other parties. I'd be happy to go check it out, though. Anyone care to join me?"

Go to check out the church. Catch a bus if there are any going the right way; otherwise pick up my car (possessions roll?) and drive up.

Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2018, 05:14:02 pm »

"Ugh, OK, how about this plan?"

"We start with a library where we can hold our meetings. Either the one with the crazy lady or the one I found. If we use the one I found, we fill it with the books the good doctor got for us."

"Once we've done that, we expand to the University basement so we can find equipment and recruit smart and/or impressionable teens."

"Finally, we expand to the nude club as a safe place to conduct our rituals and hold large meetings."

"And we keep the church as a fallback or maybe use it for rituals while we set up our locations in the city."

"Sounds good? If so, I suggest we split up to explore each location and try to acquire at least one of them. When we're done, we meet again and discuss what we've achieved. Who's with me?"

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2018, 05:14:57 pm »

((What was the schedule of the part time job?))
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2018, 05:34:36 pm »

((What was the schedule of the part time job?))
Monday through thursday, 4 hours a day.

Hotfire90

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2018, 05:37:52 pm »

"When I said that the nude club would be an asset, I meant that it would be useful for income, not as a base."

Head off to the old lady in her new age shop, if I haven't told her my name yet, introduce myself as Thomas Spencer and try to recruit her. Mention that our cult is still establishing itself and that our goal is to discover the secrets of the world.

Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:06:31 am by Hotfire90 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2018, 05:43:52 pm »

Examine the purchased books with the orb of the Red Scholar in attendance.  Did I find anything interesting occult-wise?

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:12:27 pm by Devastator »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2018, 05:45:55 pm »

((Does this take place in alternative history, or can we use real life knowledge of 1985 Monterey to our advantage? As long as our character could know it, of course.))
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hotfire90

« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2018, 05:47:32 pm »

"I'm not suggesting we use her shop as a temple, I'm just on my way to recruit her to our cause. We're still exploring our options, the location of our temple is still undecided."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2018, 05:53:31 pm »

"Well, if you excuse me, I'll be checking out that nude club. Feel free to join me ladies." Lance says coyly, heading out the abandoned building.

Investigate "The Library" with anyone else who wants to follow. See how large the place is, if it's still open after the owner got arrested, and most importantly, what's the fee for admission?

Spoiler: Lance Robbins (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2018, 06:11:02 pm »

"I've found my way into a job at the University as a librarian. I'll see whether or not it shows any promise as a source of information."

Spend a point of favor to increase Awareness.

Go to the university and work, while using my time there to also look for anything that would be of interest to us: occult or otherwise weird texts, building blueprints, mentions of cult activities (in newspaper archives), etc. Also keep an eye out to see if anyone has checked out or is interested in suspicious books.

Spoiler: Ex-Writer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:12:54 am by Tomasque »
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36