Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36

Author Topic: CULT  (Read 70349 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 05:13:28 pm »

Spoiler: Ex-Writer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:54:49 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 05:27:06 pm »

After a few minutes of whispers and deliberation the group finally decides. They would call to the Scholar in Red. With their mingled blood they trace out the sigil and gather round it. They chant the name in unison, tones low and serious, echoing through the bare concrete walls of the building. Their voices grow odd without their intent; the words grow muddled and mixed, and through repetition lose meaning. The chant becomes an inhuman cacophony, a chaos of words before, again without their intent, it crystallizes into something else. A series of sounds that are perfect. All that hear them know that these words are just right and evoke mental images with more force and clarity than any hallucinogen. Images of hospitals, of morgues, of libraries, books, specimen jars, unknown tools, jungles, mountain tops, uncharted isles, seas unknown by all. Every object, every place, every image which inspires curiosity, morbid or pure, flashes before their eyes as they continue to chant unconsciously. And as they watch these things they sense something deeper. Something that lies within the very essence of their feelings. Something that lies far, far beyond. They struggle towards it and, like nostalgia for something they never experienced, it remains elusive but ever motivating. Maddening in its power. A perfect truth not quite grasped, right at the tip of their tongue.

The chant stops suddenly, though no one choose to do so consciously. The blood is gone. The circle is gone. The lit candles have burnt down and the light of dawn is shining through the shattered windows of the building. In the center of the circle is a sphere. It is about the size of a billiard ball, perfectly round and a sort of red that is similar to human blood but a little too dark. Upon the sphere, there is inscribed a simple drawing of an eye, and within the eye's pupil, the sigil of the Scholar in Red.  Everyone looks upon that sphere and then they know. They know with the clarity and undeniably of an ice pick to the brain; it hits them with enough force to snap their heads back in awe.

They must find a place of worship. Somewhere safe and befitting the Scholar. There is much work to be done. So many things to discover. The universe is there to unravel and they have the first thread.

+1 level of Favor to all.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 05:46:42 pm »

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:22:13 pm by Sir Elventide »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 05:48:49 pm »

"Wow. This is so cool! With all the chanting and the flashes and now this thing!" Helen said, jumping up and down with excitement and pointing towards the Artifact.
"We should totally find a cool place for it. Like, maybe there's an abandoned library or school we could rent if we pooled our money? We could put spooky candles and red curtains and stuff! It will be totally bitchin'!"
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:50:42 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 06:03:56 pm »

Raising an eyebrow at the woman, Alexis had to give her credit for being so enthusiastic about this whole thing. As drawn into all of this she is, a part of Alexis wondered whether this is the real deal and not some elaborate scheme or prank. After all, she once thought Michael was the right man to marry. Idling wondering about what life the woman led, Alexis finally spoke, "I may know a fellow or two concerning where we can set up our new gathering."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:06:38 pm by Sir Elventide »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 06:07:45 pm »

((Quick question... where is this building that we're in?))
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hotfire90

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 06:09:34 pm »

"I don't think that renting a library or a school would be that cheap, not to mention that it would be quite conspicuos if a group of people started to rent out a library or a school. Think about it, if you were searching for a criminal hiding place or the headquarters of a cult, where would you search first? A remote abandoned place of course.

We shouldn't be too hasty about this, therefore I propose that one of us takes the sphere and stores it in their home, temporarily that is until we decide on a more permanent place."

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 06:20:04 pm »

"I suggest that we do this at one of our own places of living. I have no wish to buy property - it's too bothersome."
Money!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 06:22:32 pm »

"Take a chill pill, dude. We ain't done nothing illegal. You're being, like, super paranoid right now. We're cool with the fuzz, for sure." Helen said, making a thumbs up with her free hand.
"Besides, this thing wants like a temple or something. It's like an egg that needs a nest made of the warm bodies of its parents. We can't just stuff it in some shoddy house, all alone. So unless you got a mansion we could all live in and worship this thing..."
She brought her camera to her face, idly zooming in and out on Richard's face.
"Though I guess you're right, those sorts of places would be a bit too large at the moment, we're barely enough to fill a classroom. Maybe something like an office would be better? Or some sort of business, like a bookstore?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:24:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 06:34:15 pm »

Walton looks about with a placid look on his face as everyone starts conversing.

"The little miss is right, there's no need to be paranoid. Nobody knows we're doing this, and I highly doubt most schmucks who might accidentally find out about this will have even the faintest clue about what they're seeing. If we ever start generating too much interest, we can always split up our little group into cells. There'll be no way for them to roll us all up at once then.

I work for the local government, I could ask around about unnused office space or libraries or similar public buildings. Give them a spiel about it being for a good cause, a soup kitchen or something."

Hotfire90

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 06:35:46 pm »

"A bookstore could work, it could effectively conceal our worship and act as a legitimate business. We'd be hiding in plain sight. While it is true that we haven't done anything illegal, it doesn't hurt to be cautious about it, I fear that the general populace would not react kindly if they were to find out that we were worshipping an otherwordly being."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 06:44:09 pm »

"So long as we're careful about not leaking info about our activities to people outside of this group, we can make sure the general populace never knows about our patron at all."

He gives a sidelong glance at the girl with the camera.

"That being said, I'd appreciate it if you're careful about where you store those video tapes, little miss."

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 06:58:46 pm »

”Maybe we should ask it/him/her where he/she/it wants to go. It/he/she’s a scholar, so I think the bookstore idea is the best.”
To sphere:” what gender are you?”

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 07:03:39 pm »

"...I doubt anyone would come by my place- I mean I don't really know anyone in town and most people ignore me...
Jonnathan says, to no one in particular-
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 08:03:05 pm »

"There's no need to make a hideout in the middle of the city. If we went farther out, there would be no need to run a bookstore for the sake of hiding. And we could get a larger space for the same amount of money."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36