Author Topic: CULT  (Read 70379 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: CULT
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 09:41:17 pm »

((Quick question... where is this building that we're in?))
Abandoned building on the edge of town.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2018, 01:05:23 am »

"Whatevs. But if we choose some dump in the middle of nowhere, at least make sure it's near like a bus stop or something. I can't walk for like a day whenever I gotta jet. Otherwise I'll be mighty cross with ya."

"Anyway, how about anyone who wants to stays here, the rest go find some place, get back together here in half an hour to look at our options? You down with that?"

((80's slang is so much fun.))

Find a payphone or a phone in some convenience store or coffee place I could use. Make some phone calls to some people I know, use my connections.

Anybody know of a place we could rent cheap-like and turn into a temple? Preferably an isolated office or a bookstore with a basement? Or some place with a basement we could turn into a bookstore? If asked, say it's for a film I'm making. I predict it's going to be a CULT classic!

EDIT: Wait a second! Even better idea! Search for a bar or club to rent! If our rituals make tons of strange noise and attract all sorts of weird stuff, nobody is going to suspect a club, because that already do that without cults being involved!

Once done, get back to the abandoned house and give everyone the places I found.

EDIT2: Can we assume we have exchanged some info and can contact each other if need be? Because some people are already talking about moving away and we haven't even decided when our next meeting is going to be.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:39:49 am by Parisbre56 »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2018, 02:51:45 am »

"My husband will be home in a few hours so I can go with you Helen. I need to go pick up some things anyway," Alexis said as she stood up.

Accompany Helen and help her obtain the building. Also, shop for some spices and veggies for tonight's dinner.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2018, 03:16:46 am »

"Sure thing besty! Wouldn't mind some company. And hey, maybe if we wrap this up early we can go get-" Helen pauses as the gears in her brain start turning.
"Wait a second... Drinks... Bar... Club... Noise..." she says, looking forward with a blank stare.
"Woohoo! That's an awesome idea!" she exclaims, jumping while raising her fist in the air.
"Screw boring old libraries! Clubs are where the money's at! I mean, clubs are already so weird and full of block rocking beats, ain't nobody going to suspect us. Plus! Drinks! Music! Dancing! Drugs! Gangs! Guns! Mobsters! Trippendicular!"
Helen wraps her arm around Alexis and turns her camera so that it points at their faces.
"See? This is working great already! I'm so amped right now!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2018, 03:44:28 am »

"I can see you're enthousiastic, but consider for a moment wether the Scholar will be pleased having a nightclub for as place of worship. We should try to find a place it likes, rather than one we like."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2018, 04:10:47 am »

"Dude! Watchu talking bout? You can't like just judge a book by its cover! We ain't gotta clue what this Scholar gal wants, we just know she needs a place to crash. Just cause you're a square doesn't mean she is. If someone's a scholar that means they're interested in all knowledge they can get their hands on, like... I dunno, music, hacking, cars, sex, all kinds of stuff. So don't go dissing clubs! Clubs are like a modern day peripatetic school, like... cafés in the French revolution man! It's like where everything new is happen'en. It's where all the icy people are at."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2018, 04:16:32 am »

Walton snorts.

"Look, missy, I don't know what kind of crap drugs you're on, but if you'll remember our patron specifically showed us images of hospitals, of morgues, of libraries, books, specimen jars, unknown tools, jungles, mountain tops, and that kind of jazz. It seems to me like nightclubs don't really fit in the kind of things he saw fit to show us."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2018, 04:35:51 am »

"Oh, yeah? Then if you think you're going to find knowledge there, why don't you go find a mountain top to live in and rid us of your moaning? And while you're at it, why don't you eat my shorts? Ha! Meanwhile us cool kids are gonna do culting the radical way, amiright? Up top!"
Very pleased with the sick burn she thinks she gave Walton, Helen raises her hand, waiting for a high five from her no doubt countless admirers.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2018, 05:10:13 am »

Walton looks at Helen, clearly nonplussed about her "sick burn".

"The last time I ate someone's shorts, it was because Charlie had us half-delirious from hunger and the dead guy's shorts were the only thing that looked halfway edible. But suit yourself, you'll have no more comments from me."

Walton will contact his connections either at work as a city official or with his old war buddies to see if there are any abandoned or currently empy museums/military bases/hospitals/psych wards/libraries/bookstores or other such places nearby, preferably on the edge of town. Focus on those that are supposed to be haunted or otherwise have a mysterious past first.

Once that's done, regardless of outcome, go back to the abandoned house and my cult buddies.

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:25:14 am by Pancaek »

Hotfire90

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2018, 07:18:32 am »

"A nightclub is a silly idea. Haven't you paid attention to the visions at all? If you're going to search for a place, then please consult the visions."

Draw the sigil of the Scholar in Red in my notebook, and also draw some schematics of the visions.

Once I'm finished drawing, search for some bookstores near the town centre and inquire about how much it would cost to buy the store. Also ask them about any wishes or dreams of theirs that I could possibly fulfill with the help of my contacts, asking ownership of the store in return.

Return to the abandoned house after I've found a bookstore that can be acquired with either money or with the help of my contacts.

Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:08:00 am by Hotfire90 »

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2018, 08:59:34 am »

PTW
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:02:14 am by Pavellius »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2018, 09:28:18 am »

"If the visions point to a temple the scholar desires, then my choice is an archive of some kind. It fulfills the spirit of the request, and will provide us with unfettered access to all the information we could need."

Go to the library and apply to be an archivist, claiming it was always my passion before I went into writing.

Spoiler: Ex-Writer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:10:35 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2018, 09:34:33 am »

We don't need a bookstore, we can just find books for cheap.  You guys can work on a location, I'll start getting the props.

This abandoned building will do fine as a storage place, until you guys find a better spot.

Go check the newspaper for estate sales.. those are often good spots to find books.  Get a couple of cardboard boxes to fill with books, and then cab back to the abandoned building to leave the books inside there.

Spoiler: Dr. O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2018, 10:19:30 am »

Alexis turned and gave Helen an apologetic shrug. "It seems that even if I agreed with your idea to use the nightclub as an impromptu temple, we both would be out-voted. Majority rule after all," she said as she patted Helen on the shoulder. "Besides, with people obsessed with hunting for satanists, drug pushers, and communists hiding under their blankets, perhaps a place far from too many prying eyes is best."

Pausing, Alexis continued with a smile. "Besides, the Scholar's next commands just might involve a nightclub or some similar place."

Spoiler: Alexis L. Cromwald (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2018, 10:29:16 am »

Realize that we should all get on a plane to a jungle, and find a temple to use as our base
”we should go to a jungle and find a temple, then use that as a base. I think the amazon would work. Ha ha, just messing with ya.”
Ask the Scholar in Red what gender it is, and where it would like to go.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36