Author Topic: CULT  (Read 70356 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: CULT
« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2019, 10:26:40 am »

"Everyone, pick an organ and let's get to work. I'll be leading the general surgery and making sure that each of you successfully remove your chosen organ without any problems."

Lead the surgery, make sure the eye can observe the surgery and help out the others in their own respective surgeries. Once everyone else is done, remove the heart of our patient victim.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
"Hmm. Let's do this."

You know it. Just get in there. Precision is key; remove organs intact.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"We didn't come this far just to scurry off with our tails between our legs, did we?"

Taking a deep breath, she whispered to herself, "Okay, this is just like dissecting a frog, only much bigger and with a shit-ton more legal and ethical ramifications attached. Scholar, direct my blade."

Start by removing the stomach intact.

[spoiler-Alexis L. Cromwald, Dutiful Wife and Surgical "Intern"]
Physical stats:

Strength: d4
Dexterity: d8
Speed: d6
Endurance: d6
Awareness: d8
Guile: d12
Knowledge: d10
Willpower: d6

Occult stats:

Corruption: 0
Madness: 0
Favor: 2

World Stats:

Connections: d10
Possessions: d6
Money: d4
Standing: d8

Inventory:

$339
Purse
[/spoiler]
Commence with the murder and dissection of a fellow human being.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
"I'll take the first watch then. If any of you need a break, come out and I'll swap.

Go stand outside and act casual. If anyone not in the cult wants to come in, loudly try to talk them out of it. I'm sure I can think up some bullshit excuse or other.
Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
The first dissection is an odd thing, in retrospect. Surgery is difficult, everyone is pretty sure of that but this is surprisingly easy. Maybe its the info the Scholar gave earlier, that dream of self dissection, or maybe its the simple fact that keeping someone alive for a short time while you harvest their organs is just easier than trying to remove bits and keep them alive for years after. The dissection seem to be both a very long process and a very short one, it feels long but in everyone's memories its nothing but a high speed blur of actions. Organs and arteries are clamped and then cut away, blood is sponged up, viscera displayed to the Eye, it all passes in a flash.  When its all over, everyone is standing over a hollowed out corpse, hands covered in blood. Its midnight. And they all feel AMAZING.

[Favor +2 to all in the cult, even those not here]

Look at that guy really hard. Does he look like a cultist? Or someone who could be a cultist? Does he smell of weird candles or have specks of blood under his fingernails or something?

Regardless, sign the paper and get my money.

If possible and the news will be on soon, find some screen in the lobby and stick around. It'll be fun to see how they portray the story.

Then drive to the hideout and find the Scholar's orb.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
The guy looks like an executive which is like a cultist, but richer.

You sign the paper, get the 3K, and head out. You find a bank of tvs in an electronics shop window and watch the news. They mention the raid on the hotel but say no names, don't show your video, and they write it off as some minor event. No mention of the kidnapped person or the cult connections. Hmmmm.

You return to the hideout. 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2019, 08:22:52 pm »

"Clean."

Clean up. Closing shop for the night.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 09, 2019, 10:40:13 am »

"We're going to need to dump the body somewhere; that Canis bolthole at the church might work for now. Anyone have any better suggestions?"

Help with the clean up and disposal of the body, whatever we agree to do with it.

Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Hotfire90

« Reply #393 on: January 09, 2019, 11:43:56 am »

"I know someone who can get rid of the body, no questions asked and all. Go and preserve the organs while I'm calling him, we may want to study or sell them later."

Wash my hands, then call one of my connections to get rid of the body.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 09, 2019, 11:46:21 am »

"Maybe we can burn the corpse then scatter the bones and ashes into the sea?" Alexis suggested. "Simply burying or discarding him would attract unwanted attention when he begins to rot."

Wash hands and clean up the crime scene surgical ward in the best way a housewife knows how, with plenty of bleach and soap. Help preserve the organs.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #395 on: January 09, 2019, 07:23:00 pm »

Go to the Scholar orb and show her the tape. Does she have an opinion on the abducted person, those guys that abducted him or the guy from the TV station I sold the tape to?

Record the body for a few seconds. Because why not?

Once that's done, leave the copy of the tape there then go back home ASAP and catch some Zs. I'm in no mood to deal with human sacrifice at the moment.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:23:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 10, 2019, 04:48:54 pm »

"Dammit, Helen, I'm taking ordinary pictures so I can reduce them to microfiche and have a properly secret library.  Undeveloped film is also easy as pie to destroy, and I'm not leaving them around here.  Take your records with you."

Do the cleanup and head home.  If Helen leaves that videocasette here, grab it and take it home, it's too incriminating.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 10, 2019, 04:51:29 pm »

((@Parisbre56. Gosh dammit, if we go to jail because the police got ahold of your camera, then I am so going to blame you.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 10, 2019, 07:39:12 pm »

"Don't record in here without talking to the rest of us first. If I see you do that again, I'll make sure there's no third time.
We have no room for half-measures. If you produce evidence against us, I will kill you. Do you understand? I don't want to fight any of you, but it only takes one of us messing up to get everyone in prison or worse."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #399 on: January 10, 2019, 09:59:54 pm »

"Dammit, Helen, I'm taking ordinary pictures so I can reduce them to microfiche and have a properly secret library.  Undeveloped film is also easy as pie to destroy, and I'm not leaving them around here.  Take your records with you."

Do the cleanup and head home.  If Helen leaves that videocasette here, grab it and take it home, it's too incriminating.
((I'm sorry, I should had clarified I'm leaving the copy that has the abductors in case someone wants their faces or needs it to investigate, not the one I'm using right now. I'm keeping that one. Edited my action to reflect that.))

((@Parisbre56. Gosh dammit, if we go to jail because the police got ahold of your camera, then I am so going to blame you.))
((Says the guy storing human organs.  :P))

"Don't record in here without talking to the rest of us first. If I see you do that again, I'll make sure there's no third time.
We have no room for half-measures. If you produce evidence against us, I will kill you. Do you understand? I don't want to fight any of you, but it only takes one of us messing up to get everyone in prison or worse."

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I see how me recording the man you killed without asking you first is such a terrible thing to do. How can I live with myself after this? There's nothing worse one human can do to another." Helen said sarcastically while looking at the dead body.
"But, before accusing me, maybe you should consider that despite how y'all treat me and how much I stand to gain by betraying you, I've done nothing against you. Instead, I've done nothing but try to help you all, even going as far as to sacrifice myself for one of us, to undo a murder Guile committed!

Maybe you should consider the fact that you all just murdered a man without asking for my opinion, even though I've always considered your opinion. I even helped with acquiring this underground lab temple despite thinking a night club would be way cooler! And you just went and did something like this, something that irrevocably affects all of us, on a whim!

Maybe you should consider that you don't have any plan of what to do with the body once you're done. I mean that guy is calling someone we don't know to come 'take care of it'. That gal is storing the organs. And that guy just admitted he's going to keep pictures.

So, I guess what I'm saying is your double standards insult me. And that the best way to not get caught for murder is to not frigging commit murder in the first place!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 10, 2019, 10:20:38 pm »

"Let me be clear: of everyone in our group, I trust you second-least. Nothing about you indicates reliability. If you want a chance to earn that trust, tell me how you plan to secure that footage."

Hotfire90

« Reply #401 on: January 11, 2019, 07:39:54 am »

"Let me be clear, it was my idea to dissect him, I originally planned to ask everyone about it, but this individual took an interest in me and started following me around. Surely you can imagine that this would soon become troublesome, because of that I decided to forgo asking and to get rid of this problem right away.

There's no threat of us being discovered, not with my guy disposing of the corpse, so I've got to ask, what are you planning to do with that footage?"

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 13, 2019, 10:44:46 am »

((Says the guy storing human organs.  :P))

((I am so going to sig this!))

Alexis pursed her lips. "Helen is right guys. We must understand that not every member of this cult is going to be on board with what we'd done here. Some may even come to their senses and report us to the authorities. Our... club activity should only be done when a clear course of action have been thoroughly planned out and the bases have been covered. We have much to lose should even one slip up occurs, some more than others."

Alexis was surprised at how detached she'd become. Usually, she would've been squeamish, even repulsed, at the idea of a human being being vivisected. Now she seemed to possessed a surgeon's aloofness. Could it have been a result of being exposed to the influence of the Scholar in Red or was it always a side of her that have always existed within her and have finally found an outlet? Sure it was a necessary part of her from her days as a biology teacher, especially during the part where she supervised her students at they dissected preserved animals.

What would her husband think of her if he found out about her latest vivisection? What would her father think as well? After all, the latter didn't enjoyed walking in on a toddler Alexis while she was in the middle of vivisecting a frog with a steak knife.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #403 on: January 13, 2019, 08:26:20 pm »

"Let me be clear: of everyone in our group, I trust you second-least. Nothing about you indicates reliability. If you want a chance to earn that trust, tell me how you plan to secure that footage."
"Why, I'm going to hide it of course!" Helen said with a wink.
"But from time to time I'm going to go to my basement and watch it when I want to remember the beauty of its organs and the sweetness of its smells." she added deadpan.

"Let me be clear, it was my idea to dissect him, I originally planned to ask everyone about it, but this individual took an interest in me and started following me around. Surely you can imagine that this would soon become troublesome, because of that I decided to forgo asking and to get rid of this problem right away.

There's no threat of us being discovered, not with my guy disposing of the corpse, so I've got to ask, what are you planning to do with that footage?"

"Oh, why didn't you say so from the start? If he was bothering you then I guess it's totally copacetic. In fact, I've got this weirdo that's been stalking me. Guile had him tied up and gagged at my place last I saw him. Why don't you come over and kill him too, since apparently that's how we deal with people following us around?"
Helen sighed and threw her arms up in frustration.
"Do whatever you want. I absolutely refuse... to subject myself... to this... MADNESS!"
She took a couple deep breaths to chill and find her cheerful and carefree demeanor.
"I'll just do what I always do and go find something interesting to investigate. You boys have fun killing people for drugs. I'd stay and record your descent to madness and addiction but that might be considered 'following you around' and we all know how that ends." she concluded with a smile.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 13, 2019, 09:03:51 pm »

Ailn nods.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36