Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: CULT  (Read 17355 times)

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: CULT
« Reply #465 on: March 08, 2019, 03:53:28 pm »

((When I said "they've been trying to cover up your kidnapping" by "they" I meant the Silent ones, not the moth.))

Helen put her hands together in what movies had taught her was some show of reverence and made a small bow.
"I am deeply sorry if I caused you trouble. But you see, that's why I need your help! It is my first week being a cultist and there's so much I don't know! Even those small bits of information you just shared with me have helped immensely!"
She raised her head to look at him again.
"However to me it appears as though you were a target long before I came along. I mean, the followers of the Silent one, the Empty one, they tried to kidnap and interrogate you, didn't they? Was it part of your plan?"

Do the thing where my mouth makes sounds that hopefully transmit meanings to others.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • Easy to resolve, hard to solve.
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #466 on: March 08, 2019, 05:10:34 pm »

"Hmm. I wonder. Might break the knife, unfortunately."

Focus in on the chain and c҉̸̰̭͉͕̮̻͇ͅu̥̝̜̰̣̭̦͓t̴̡̨͔͇̲͇ it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged

Devastator

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #467 on: March 08, 2019, 08:49:48 pm »

((Stab that bunny first!))

Burning everything down is an option, albeit the last one.  Although if the hatch is made of wood, just starting a conventional fire on top of it would burn downwards and weaken the hatch to the point where the chains would be pointless.

Before that let all the others try.  For my go, look for tools in the equipment.  A metal file and a screwdriver could be used to make a crude cold chisel, for instance.  If I can get some tools together, use them, or let Alin use them.  If I can't or the tools fail, look around for rocks, metal scrap, etcetera, and move them to a firepit where I can heat them up to a great temperature, then move them with the fireproof parts of my body onto the chains.  When the chain is scorching hot, use water, (or pee) to quench it.  A few repeats of this should shatter a link.


If everyone fails, go with plan burn everything.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
Logged

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #468 on: March 09, 2019, 11:55:23 am »

Check whether there were any tools in the house. If any appropriate tools have been found, use them to break the chains.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
Logged

Sir Elventide

  • Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #469 on: March 11, 2019, 10:53:24 am »

Thinking for a moment, Alexis begin to wonder whether any of these patients possibly knew more about the pool than the tour guide spoke of. Perhaps they overheard the nurse speak of it.

Walking over to them, Alexis:

Made small talk with them concerning the pool in hopes of gaining information about it. Afterwards, she intended to convince them to vacate the area so that she can access the pool

Logged

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: CULT
« Reply #470 on: March 15, 2019, 07:46:02 pm »

((When I said "they've been trying to cover up your kidnapping" by "they" I meant the Silent ones, not the moth.))

Helen put her hands together in what movies had taught her was some show of reverence and made a small bow.
"I am deeply sorry if I caused you trouble. But you see, that's why I need your help! It is my first week being a cultist and there's so much I don't know! Even those small bits of information you just shared with me have helped immensely!"
She raised her head to look at him again.
"However to me it appears as though you were a target long before I came along. I mean, the followers of the Silent one, the Empty one, they tried to kidnap and interrogate you, didn't they? Was it part of your plan?"

Do the thing where my mouth makes sounds that hopefully transmit meanings to others.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
"You misunderstand me. I do not rebuke your for drawing attention to us. I warn you that you have drawn attention to yourself. The servants of the silent one seek to make all things mundane, to hide from the world the shape of reality, and to destroy all who know or worship that which is beyond the ken of man. We know of them. We have defenses against them. Do you?"

"Hmm. I wonder. Might break the knife, unfortunately."

Focus in on the chain and c҉̸̰̭͉͕̮̻͇ͅu̥̝̜̰̣̭̦͓t̴̡̨͔͇̲͇ it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[7]
You examine the chains for a moment and then, with two swings, neatly cut them apart. Its simple when you aim for the weak points in the metal where the links have been welded together. But it isn't what you're looking for. Smashing metal with metal. Boring. Simple.

((Stab that bunny first!))

Burning everything down is an option, albeit the last one.  Although if the hatch is made of wood, just starting a conventional fire on top of it would burn downwards and weaken the hatch to the point where the chains would be pointless.

Before that let all the others try.  For my go, look for tools in the equipment.  A metal file and a screwdriver could be used to make a crude cold chisel, for instance.  If I can get some tools together, use them, or let Alin use them.  If I can't or the tools fail, look around for rocks, metal scrap, etcetera, and move them to a firepit where I can heat them up to a great temperature, then move them with the fireproof parts of my body onto the chains.  When the chain is scorching hot, use water, (or pee) to quench it.  A few repeats of this should shatter a link.


If everyone fails, go with plan burn everything.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
Ailn walks away, muttering about cutting things. Well...job is done at least. You pull the chains free from the door and give it a little test push. It moves freely.


Check whether there were any tools in the house. If any appropriate tools have been found, use them to break the chains.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
You run out to the door holding a claw hammer only to find it already open. Oh. Well...free hammer!

Thinking for a moment, Alexis begin to wonder whether any of these patients possibly knew more about the pool than the tour guide spoke of. Perhaps they overheard the nurse speak of it.

Walking over to them, Alexis:

Made small talk with them concerning the pool in hopes of gaining information about it. Afterwards, she intended to convince them to vacate the area so that she can access the pool

[1]
You walk over to the first person near the pool and promptly assault them with speech, leaning into them and interrogating them in a rapid onslaught of words and gestures. They attempt to back away from you, trip and fall directly into the pool. People start running in to help and the focus of everyone near by is immediately brought to here.

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • Easy to resolve, hard to solve.
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #471 on: March 15, 2019, 08:11:31 pm »

Into the breach. Maybe someone left a pet monstrosity down here that would be entertaining to vivisect.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 10:59:40 pm by Egan_BW »
Logged

Devastator

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #472 on: March 15, 2019, 08:16:13 pm »

Go down second.  If my eyes let me see in the dark, cool.  If not, check the supplies for a flashlight, and if one isn't present, try to fashion a torch.  If the eye of the scholar provides light, don't bother.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 02:02:56 pm by Devastator »
Logged

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: CULT
« Reply #473 on: March 16, 2019, 07:39:31 am »

Ah. I see. That makes sense. Still...
She clenched her right fist.
People who try to hide things. It makes me angry.
"... No. I don't think we do. However..."
Time to see if I got what it takes.
"Is there anything we could do in exchange for your help or protection? Tit for tat and all that?"
I played Truffaldino in my school play. I bet I can do the Servant of two Masters thing. I mean, how hard can it be?

Throw more words out of the thing more words come out of.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

Sir Elventide

  • Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #474 on: March 16, 2019, 12:37:28 pm »

*sigh*

Back up slowly and leave the hospital. Perhaps informing the others of the Pool would be a better use of one's time.

Logged

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #475 on: March 16, 2019, 12:47:22 pm »

Head down.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
Logged

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: CULT
« Reply #476 on: March 19, 2019, 02:37:25 pm »

Into the breach. Maybe someone left a pet monstrosity down here that would be entertaining to vivisect.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Head down.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
Go down second.  If my eyes let me see in the dark, cool.  If not, check the supplies for a flashlight, and if one isn't present, try to fashion a torch.  If the eye of the scholar provides light, don't bother.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
The door leads to a set of steep wooden stairs that lead creakily to an unfinished basement. Its not much better than a square pit with dirt walls and floor and a wooden ceiling above it. Its almost totally dark and smells vaguely sour, like ancient milk.

"Don't suppose anyone here has a light?" Sean asks. "Or just something they don't mind me lighting on fire. I'd offer to just keep a stream of fire going but I think that would be tempting fate."

*sigh*

Back up slowly and leave the hospital. Perhaps informing the others of the Pool would be a better use of one's time.

Alexis carefully and quickly backpedals out of the hospital. She backpedals straight into the parking lot and only then turns around and sprints away. She makes it back to the hideout without getting pulled over or shot at or anything so thats probably a win.

Ah. I see. That makes sense. Still...
She clenched her right fist.
People who try to hide things. It makes me angry.
"... No. I don't think we do. However..."
Time to see if I got what it takes.
"Is there anything we could do in exchange for your help or protection? Tit for tat and all that?"
I played Truffaldino in my school play. I bet I can do the Servant of two Masters thing. I mean, how hard can it be?

Throw more words out of the thing more words come out of.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
The man opens his mouth to speak but then something happens. His pupils dilate and he seems to be staring at something very far away for a moment. Then his entire face distorts into a snarl of absolute rage. The entire room seems to darken noticeably and the monitoring equipment rings and squeals as the displays distort horribly.


Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: CULT
« Reply #477 on: March 19, 2019, 06:37:52 pm »

((Uh oh. Mood swings. I hope it's not angry at me.))

'There'?
"W-where?"

Cower in fear. Try to figure out what's going on.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • Easy to resolve, hard to solve.
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #478 on: March 19, 2019, 09:33:38 pm »

Wish for the ability to see adequately in any lighting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged

Devastator

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #479 on: March 19, 2019, 09:39:22 pm »

Wait for my eyes to adjust, there should be some light coming down from the stairs.  If it doesn't work, see if I can scrounge up torch material, such as a couple roofing shingles, some wire, and a long wooden or metal stick.  Nothing hard to find in a bunch of partially destroyed buildings.  Do the torch thing.

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:46:37 pm by Devastator »
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33