Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: CULT
« Reply #495 on: April 11, 2019, 12:34:58 pm »

"I... see..."

Well, as long as it doesn't mind me then I'll just find a quiet out-of-the-way corner and record from there. Something interesting might happen. Also make sure to note the direction it is looking at and any other interesting facts I can notice, perhaps something related to how it's using this power.

Other topics I could think about while waiting:
Was what I felt the thoughts of the man, the moth, both?
Does the moth contain part of the man? Or is it a completely unrelated consciousness?

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 05:37:22 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #496 on: April 18, 2019, 10:38:52 am »

"What is this."

Record the chant in my notebook as best I can.
((If this takes a roll it should be Willpower because that's used for concentration. Awareness only mentions noticing things, and Knowledge is just for knowing things. Just a reminder based on the rules listed in the OP~))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You scribble things down as best you can but....goddamn if it ain't hard. The voices are talking over each other and the words aren't in a language you recognize. You write them down phonetically as best you can.

"Guys, we definitely have company. There are green moths anywhere where there's a shadow."

Stand still and keep my guard up, look for ways to create light outside of shooting my gun.
Spoiler: Richard Reed (click to show/hide)
You look around. There are some wood fragments and boards sitting around...if mr.dragon face could come up here it would be easy to light them on fire. Or the entire building.

"Want me to burn them?"

Do what the others instruct me to do.  If not..

Observe.  Maybe the Moth-God has a reward for me.  I don't expect so, though, given how the giant moth attacked me earlier.  Try to learn something about the rituals of this god, and look for opportunities to steal power.

If attacked with something other than green fire, which might not damage me, fill the room with napalm and climb my way out.

The bodies, still wreathed in flame, suddenly stagger and begin to move. At first they move stiffly and drunkenly, as though all their limbs are asleep, but after a few moments they seem to straighten and gain their balance, walking purposefully out of the basement and up the stairs. You follow and see them step past Richard, all walking in a line, straight towards the moths.

"I... see..."

Well, as long as it doesn't mind me then I'll just find a quiet out-of-the-way corner and record from there. Something interesting might happen. Also make sure to note the direction it is looking at and any other interesting facts I can notice, perhaps something related to how it's using this power.

Other topics I could think about while waiting:
Was what I felt the thoughts of the man, the moth, both?
Does the moth contain part of the man? Or is it a completely unrelated consciousness?

You stay in the corner and record. The patient seems to be...just staring out the window intently, but the monitors are calming down a bit at least.

You think you felt the thoughts of the thing behind both moth and man.

The moth is a conduit to something. Something not human.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 18, 2019, 09:22:48 pm »

This is looking less good.  Follow my instincts as per setting them on fire.  If I think this looks bad, do so.  If not, do not.

Specifically, do I know if this is, say, just how the moth god takes followers to the moth god afterlife, say?  Something mundane like that?  Or is this something dangerous like how it creates giant moth creatures like the one that attacked me the other day.

If I figure this is something deadly like the latter, and not just dangerous like the former, light the bodies on fire.

Spoiler: Dr O'Malley (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 06:27:45 pm by Devastator »

Hotfire90

« Reply #498 on: April 21, 2019, 06:24:38 pm »

Look for an escape route, preferably one containing as few moths as possible. Shoot the bodies if they turn hostile or Sean attacks them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 21, 2019, 06:47:01 pm »

"Stay calm. Fear is the enemy. Fear keeps us from learning."

Stand at a respectful distance and observe. If anything threatening approaches my body, bisect it.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #500 on: April 22, 2019, 12:40:25 pm »

"I am sorry for your loss. And I am moved by your feelings for your fellow cultists. I am now even more certain coming here was the right choice. I do not want to force you into making a decision now. If you do not want us to work together, I understand. Even so, the information you gave me and just knowing you are not an enemy is a positive outcome. I will trust you with my contact information. Feel free to contact me at any time. Me and my fellow cultists would most certainly be open to helping you take revenge."

Leave a notepad page with my name, address and phone number and say the above. Then leave politely, unless it has anything else it wants to talk about. Hopefully it's human enough to feel the need for revenge, maybe it's even emotional enough to decide to form an alliance.

Wait a second. It was upset those people died. And it said it had a way to deal with this "Avatar" or whatever that guy is getting abducted and tortured. But since it cares about its people that way couldn't had been to let him die, could it? And if it was a sacrifice for the greater good, then it would probably had been very upset by being forced to make it. Does that mean that it really did have a way to rescue him or was what it said a bluff to make me think it was not worth it trying to abduct or hurt him? Or maybe just so that it wouldn't have to thank me?
Does my intelligence/intuition/experiences/whatever offer me any insight about that? Not that I'd use it now, but it would help me understand its character and help me decide what my strategy should be.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 12:43:45 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 23, 2019, 10:32:34 am »

Who could've sent this?, Alexis wondered as she examined the box. Let's see what's inside then.

After ascertaining the sender, Alexis will open the box.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 23, 2019, 10:03:03 pm »

(Could be the results of the grant applications/such my character wrote a few days ago.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #503 on: April 24, 2019, 09:48:47 am »

This is looking less good.  Follow my instincts as per setting them on fire.  If I think this looks bad, do so.  If not, do not.

Specifically, do I know if this is, say, just how the moth god takes followers to the moth god afterlife, say?  Something mundane like that?  Or is this something dangerous like how it creates giant moth creatures like the one that attacked me the other day.

If I figure this is something deadly like the latter, and not just dangerous like the former, light the bodies on fire.

Spoiler: Dr O'Malley (click to show/hide)
"Stay calm. Fear is the enemy. Fear keeps us from learning."

Stand at a respectful distance and observe. If anything threatening approaches my body, bisect it.

Look for an escape route, preferably one containing as few moths as possible. Shoot the bodies if they turn hostile or Sean attacks them.
Everyone stands on edge, ready to bolt or attack as the corpses stride forward. However, as the corpses move out of the sun and onto the moth laden ground, they change. The flames surrounding them seem to take on the shape of their old flesh, their bodies from before they were killed, restoring them to their former glory.  One, an older man, stops and looks back at group, his eyes two pits of green flame.

The Mother of Night does not forget. Good and ill shall all be accounted for.

The man bows slightly towards the group and the moths lift off in a flurry of wings, spiraling up and away. Within moments neither they nor the bodies remain.

Who could've sent this?, Alexis wondered as she examined the box. Let's see what's inside then.

After ascertaining the sender, Alexis will open the box.

The box has no return address. You ask the man at the front desk about it and he says it was delivered by UPS, or at least he thinks it was UPS. Someone in a brown uniform. There is no information about the sender beyond this. Alexis feels a bit uneasy...a box with no return address rarely contains something good.

"I am sorry for your loss. And I am moved by your feelings for your fellow cultists. I am now even more certain coming here was the right choice. I do not want to force you into making a decision now. If you do not want us to work together, I understand. Even so, the information you gave me and just knowing you are not an enemy is a positive outcome. I will trust you with my contact information. Feel free to contact me at any time. Me and my fellow cultists would most certainly be open to helping you take revenge."

Leave a notepad page with my name, address and phone number and say the above. Then leave politely, unless it has anything else it wants to talk about. Hopefully it's human enough to feel the need for revenge, maybe it's even emotional enough to decide to form an alliance.

Wait a second. It was upset those people died. And it said it had a way to deal with this "Avatar" or whatever that guy is getting abducted and tortured. But since it cares about its people that way couldn't had been to let him die, could it? And if it was a sacrifice for the greater good, then it would probably had been very upset by being forced to make it. Does that mean that it really did have a way to rescue him or was what it said a bluff to make me think it was not worth it trying to abduct or hurt him? Or maybe just so that it wouldn't have to thank me?
Does my intelligence/intuition/experiences/whatever offer me any insight about that? Not that I'd use it now, but it would help me understand its character and help me decide what my strategy should be.

You speak your piece and then leave your note; the Mothman  doesn't respond.

[2]
You consider the motivations of the mothman and whatever is behind him but...you can't really make heads or tails of it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #504 on: April 27, 2019, 04:59:43 pm »

Did it actually hear me? If not, I should probably write who I am and what I want on that note. Unless that seems like a bad idea, in which case I'll just wait for it to respond.

Then make my way to the hideout and pray to the Scholar, letting her know what happened today. Also tell/show video to any cultists there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 27, 2019, 10:54:25 pm »

"Hm. I don't understand."

Hold the eye and ask it what just happened, and if we should do something about it.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Hotfire90

« Reply #506 on: April 30, 2019, 09:35:20 am »

"That went well I guess."

Go back into the basement and look around again, see if we missed anything.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 30, 2019, 09:58:54 am »

Yeah.  Clean up, and then leave after double-checking.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #508 on: May 08, 2019, 10:29:53 am »

Four people in one week eh?  Seems we're losing some steam here.  You guys still want to continue or should we close  this down so I can focus more on the remaining games like dig and mook and such?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 08, 2019, 10:37:16 am »

You should focus less on those ones and more on this one.

Also we have four actions up because we have about four players. We're all actually playing.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36