Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to mod in more in-depth micromanagement of movement and pathing?  (Read 547 times)

Conor891

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, I'm not at all familiar with DF modding, so I'm not sure of what the limits of it are.

I'd really like to be able to micromanage dwarf movement a lot more. Right now there seems to be a lot of frustrating limits on how you can do that.

I love to be able to do various things like have specidic civilians be restricted to certain areas at certain parts of the year, make it so certain civilians can't enter certain areas no matter what, etc. Kind of like a lot of what you can do with military but for civilians

I know there are certain workarounds to kind of do something similar, but none of the things you can do ingame can do exactly what I want. I've been looking for sonething modded in.

I'm not sure if this is currently a possibility though. Can someone let me know if this can be done, and if so point me in the direction if mods that do this sort of thing?

Thanks!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

You can assign citizens to burrows, though you can't restrict them from entering the burrow in particular (they just won't take jobs in there) and you can't have them on schedules.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, burrows und traffic zones, thats about it. You cant mod that behaviour.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::