Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Societies where cheating on your partner leads to ostracization from the communi  (Read 11520 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Right. Me telling you to manage your own BS instead of trying to place the blame elsewhere is sexist. Nice try. Those women ain't here. You are, asking for help. So manage your shit because it's the only thing you have any control over. You said it yourself. It takes two to tango, so really appreciate what that maxim actually means.

I don't hear any sense of culpability in your words. Just a latent fear of being cuck'd as you have already cuck'd others, and trying to find a way to avoid it.

News flash: all genders in all societies cheat. Regardless of social mores. Whereever in the world people be fuckin', after a while, they're going to lust after some strange. The more forbidden and taboo society considers it, the more allure it will have. Picking a place in the world to live isn't going to change that, just tilt the odds. Especially in the US, where most people that preach family values and fidelity are so full of shit it's coming out their eyeballs.

And if you're going to post to the internet looking for advice, and throwing your opinion out there, you're entitled to people judging that opinion.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:52:12 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right. Me telling you to manage your own BS instead of trying to place the blame elsewhere is sexist. Nice try. Those women ain't here. You are, asking for help. So manage your shit because it's the only thing you have any control over. You said it yourself. It takes two to tango, so really appreciate what that maxim actually means.

I don't hear any sense of culpability in your words. Just a latent fear of being cuck'd as you have already cuck'd others, and trying to find a way to avoid it.

News flash: all genders in all societies cheat. Regardless of social mores. Whereever in the world people be fuckin', after a while, they're going to lust after some strange. The more forbidden and taboo society considers it, the more allure it will have. Picking a place in the world to live isn't going to change that, just tilt the odds. Especially in the US, where most people that preach family values and fidelity are so full of shit it's coming out their eyeballs.

And if you're going to post to the internet looking for advice, and throwing your opinion out there, you're entitled to people judging that opinion.

But you're not giving any advice.

I would post the stats that show the less pre marital partners a women has, the lower chance of her cheating or divorcing but I don't think you care.

Yea people cheat a lot cause our society pushes and encourages sex on a level not seen since 1920's Germany or Late Roman Empire before the collapse.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

::) I think we've given you about all the advice that we can, up to and including suggesting several places that might be more palatable to your ideals.

Yea I would love to see people who cheat in marriage get beat and their lives ruined. People shouldn't make marriage vows if they don't intend to keep them.

IDK who hurt you my guy, but that's a punishment that doesn't fit the crime.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

But you're not giving any advice.

I have and you've breezed right past it. S'alright. I tried.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

With the new laws in Isreal with the DNA testing, I don't think I would fit in even if I did all the work to become Jewish. Good idea to look for more isolated religious groups but I don't want to join a cult either. I was also looking into Amish but they want you to have Dutch blood.
Then your best chance is to convert to Salafist Islam and go to Saudi Arabia.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I wonder if any of the posters in this thread actually think they're helping.

Okay dude, would it be accurate to say that, because you have already developed trust issues, being told "plenty of women probably won't cheat!" or even having statistics on the incidence of cheating is useless to you (much less "the problem is you and your insatiable drive for illicit sex that we're totally projecting onto you!"); you instead want evidence — an honest signal, in biological parlance — of a commitment to not cheating, such as living in a culture where the costs are much higher than yours, so that you can convince yourself to trust a person without that voice whispering in your head about how much sex she's probably having when you're not there?

Please simply answer yes or no.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Somalia is a good option too in the fundamentalist areas. They are far less stringent about proof than in Saudi Arabia, too apparently.

In the rest of Somalia it depends on the local warlord. You might want to ask before settling down.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Dogpiling on this guy is pretty much Bay12's favorite pastime. :P
Sure, the question is kinda squick-worthy, but I doubt any of your condemnations and analyses are going to reach through the interwebs to fundamentally alter his worldview.

As for the question... I'm sure there are plenty of friend groups and social circles that behave in such a manner, but moving to a physical location with such tendencies would probably make you a foreign outsider, making it rather difficult to enter into such a committed relationship in the first place.
Maybe some sort of rural Christian community, like an Amish sect or some shit? So long as you can rock a beard, at least. I'm assuming you're in the US somewhere but I can't remember if you ever mentioned your location.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One option no one's yet brought up is starting a cult, which is honestly probably the best way to get around most repressed communities' taboo against publicly discussing extramarital relations and thus publicly shaming adulterers as volubly as DFNewb might like. This also frees him from Utah, since cults can be pretty much anywhere -- although it might be best from a land value perspective to put the compound somewhere remote, like one of the Dakotas.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dogpiling on this guy is pretty much Bay12's favorite pastime. :P
Sure, the question is kinda squick-worthy, but I doubt any of your condemnations and analyses are going to reach through the interwebs to fundamentally alter his worldview.

As for the question... I'm sure there are plenty of friend groups and social circles that behave in such a manner, but moving to a physical location with such tendencies would probably make you a foreign outsider, making it rather difficult to enter into such a committed relationship in the first place.
Maybe some sort of rural Christian community, like an Amish sect or some shit? So long as you can rock a beard, at least. I'm assuming you're in the US somewhere but I can't remember if you ever mentioned your location.

I have both EU and Canadian citizenship.  Yea I think I'll start going to church or something to hopefully find a nice wife. I can get a job in the states in the blink of an eye if I really felt like it (connections / networking).

The Western world is really degenerating I'm worried about the future.

One option no one's yet brought up is starting a cult, which is honestly probably the best way to get around most repressed communities' taboo against publicly discussing extramarital relations and thus publicly shaming adulterers as volubly as DFNewb might like. This also frees him from Utah, since cults can be pretty much anywhere -- although it might be best from a land value perspective to put the compound somewhere remote, like one of the Dakotas.

One of my dreams is to start a cult but I also want to reach outer space and I feel like it's one or the other in a way.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One of my dreams is to start a cult but I also want to reach outer space and I feel like it's one or the other in a way.

Hey, space works too. They can't cheat on you if there's literally no one else they can reach alive.

Why not go for the brass ring and combine them? If nothing else, "Hey, want to go start a cult in North Dakota until we move to space so I won't think you're cheating on me" is a heck of a pickup line.

Actually, having looked into this before (for professional reasons) there are almost always some relatively remote islands for sale. If you could "connections/networking" your way into owning one you'd be in good stead, and you could outlast the apparently imminent collapse of Western civilization. Also fishing is fun.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 10:47:57 pm by Trekkin »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

The Western world is really degenerating I'm worried about the future.

You're part of the problem friend. I was going to ignore this but this particular bit of whining was more than I could resist replying to, so if this is bait, good job. But if not, if the western world is degenerating it's a perfect place for a degenerate such as yourself. It's your actions and the actions of others like you that lead it to its degenerate state. As someone who actually does come from a community like what it seems like you're looking for, a relatively insular place where people know about your indiscretions and will let you know exactly what they think about it, I can tell you it's not what you're looking for. It has its tradeoffs and I don't think you'd like it - especially since you would most likely be getting it just as bad as the girl (if not worse since the people you piss off can actually hit you) if you're actually going around fucking people's wives and this isn't just a ruse. Even if you could find such a place, the people living there would most likely not want you.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't read recent replies.

I just hooked up with a girl from Chile I couldn't communicate with but I made sure to Google translate asking her if she has a bf. She said no

I'm on vacation in DR FYI.

Just so you all know is not like I Chase after taken girls. They go for me.
Anyways this girl was not taken and is in vacation with friends unlike the American girl who paid for her bf's vacation that I hooked up with 2 nights ago. The guy deserved to get cheated on if he couldn't even pay his own vacation.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The guy deserved to get cheated on if he couldn't even pay his own vacation.

Ah, so our fundamental moral principles that were once the bedrock of a now-degenerate Western society are only applicable if you're rich enough, which excuses your behavior but we must still ostracize everyone who enables you.

You'd fit in well on Capitol Hill. Ever considered running for Congressional office as a Republican?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

The guy deserved to get cheated on if he couldn't even pay his own vacation.

Ah, so our fundamental moral principles that were once the bedrock of a now-degenerate Western society are only applicable if you're rich enough, which excuses your behavior but we must still ostracize everyone who enables you.

You'd fit in well on Capitol Hill. Ever considered running for Congressional office as a Republican?
Careful Trekkin, our forum political bias is showing. :3

That said, for the OP:

Why do you wish to move to a more culturally conservative locale? I highly doubtful that the rate of jnfidelity will actually be significantly lower there. If you want a partner that is less likely to cheat, I would recommend looking on a personal values level.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6