Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Societies where cheating on your partner leads to ostracization from the communi  (Read 11506 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

I really didn't want to make a pointless, off-topic comment, but... wowie! OP acts like he's straight from r/braincels, down to "I'm entitled to have sex with women" mentality.

Also, DFNewb, do you really believe that cheating partners should be beaten for infidelity? If that's so, do you believe that men also should be punished for cheating on their wifes? Not that it matters much, though: If you think that someone should be beaten and their life ruined for such a devious crime as infidelity, then you really are an IIHS (Interesting Individual of Human Species)...

I'm not going to debate OP's views, or anything like that. I simply said my personal opinion.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:01:14 am by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really didn't want to make a pointless, off-topic comment, but... wowie! OP acts like he's straight from r/braincels, down to "I'm entitled to have sex with women" mentality.

Also, DFNewb, do you really believe that cheating partners should be beaten for infidelity? If that's so, do you believe that men also should be punished for cheating on their wifes? Not that it matters much, though: If you think that someone should be beaten and their life ruined for such a devious crime as infidelity, then you really are an IIHS (Interesting Individual of Human Species)...

I'm not going to debate OP's views, or anything like that. I simply said my personal opinion.

Yes the gender shouldn't matter, if you made a vow on the day you get married that you will love and take care of another person through sickness and health, then there should be no reason to break that by cheating. You can always divorce before going back on your word.

I don't know what braincels is, but no one is entitled to sex. Women are the gatekeepers of sex. I've never been the one to suggest sex the first time with a new girl, kinda just my style. Like I said before I don't even care about sex too much.

Wow people making a big deal over the guy who can't even pay his own vacation? Here is a tip, if you don't wear the pants then you better keep the other person who does happy.

Yea I guess I'm looking for socially / culturally conservative place to live. A place where people still keep things like the sacredness of marriage, and want to raise healthy kids in a non-sexualized environment. I just want a happy and healthy family, I'm willing to slave away 8 hours or more a day to make this happen. The traditional family unit is the best way to raise successful children in my opinion and the purpose of life is to make sure your genes go as far as possible, again in my opinion.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

In 2008, a female 13-year-old rape victim was stoned to death by 50 men in Somalia under the government's strict adultery laws.

Yeah, I think Islamic Somalia is what you are looking for

Here you have more info as to how to apply to immigration services in Mogadishu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Somalia

This article with the Somalian Constitution is a must read so that you are familiar with Somali nationality law... and all other laws: https://www.webcitation.org/6Bct8nAdJ?url=http://www.somaliweyn.com/pages/news/Aug_12/Somalia_Constitution_English_FOR_WEB.pdf

Anyways, enjoy your new nationality!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:04:53 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

How many narcissists does it take to change a lightbulb?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile

We live in a society.

DWARFS RISE UP

But seriously, if you're looking for a silver bullet where you'll get a magic relationship where nobody can cheat, nobody can be dishonest, and there's no chance of either party falling out, you aren't going to find it. It does not matter how sacred a culture views it, it can and will still be broken and that holds the chance that it may happen to you. Even those who should technically uphold the values religiously can and do break them. You also seem to be projecting your own dishonesty and lack of trust onto others, whilst simultaneously defending it. Not a good look.

Alternatively, could you try to get a DPRK citizenship and walk us through the difficulty of the process and how totalitarian their relationship laws really are?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 02:27:46 pm by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

How many narcissists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Many. :3

That said, OP again: I would look for a person that shares your values. Amusingly enough, online dating may be of assistance here, there are sites.

Also, be honest with your partner if you find one. Treat them well. Be a good person. We definitely don't agree with much of the things you are saying and doing. but we can hopefully agree that being a decent person is good.

And please, let your kids be themselves. There is a very good chance they may not agree with your values. Please treat them with kindness and love, and let them express themselves.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

We live in a society.

DWARFS RISE UP

But seriously, if you're looking for a silver bullet where you'll get a magic relationship where nobody can cheat, nobody can be dishonest, and there's no chance of either party falling out, you aren't going to find it. It does not matter how sacred a culture views it, it can and will still be broken and that holds the chance that it may happen to you. Even those who should technically uphold the values religiously can and do break them. You also seem to be projecting your own dishonesty and lack of trust onto others, whilst simultaneously defending it. Not a good look.

Alternatively, could you try to get a DPRK citizenship and walk us through the difficulty of the process and how totalitarian their relationship laws really are?
Adultery is actually legal in the DPKR. Its Somalia or bust
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay well, I'm not here to judge you.

But I might consider your taste in women bad.

If women keep cheating on you, those women you chose could be the problem.

I think trying to change society is the wrong way to solve the problem. But there is hope.

Adultery runs down cultural boundaries, and genetics. So you are looking for a woman that isn't likely to cheat on you.

Sadly, the most open and promiscuous women might be easiest, but the first to leave you.

I suggest finding someone from a different country, or of different genetics.

Maybe you should try a dating site. If you are looking for a real relationship, I'm sure you can find someone. Maybe a hot woman tired of the random hook ups, or a less showy woman who just wants love.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A cynical who believes in the sacrednes of marriage, I pitty your future children, what a pipedream.

btw the country he is looking for is antique rome
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:12:12 pm by dragdeler »
let

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Pakistan is sort of functional and has fornication punishable by whipping, and adultery by stoning. You have to convert to Islam though, and even then immigration to Pakistan is extremely difficult. Unless you are a Commonwealth citizen have $5m lying around to invest in Pakistan's economy you'd have to get an equivalent of a green card marriage, but for most people it's unlikely you'd be able to find a woman willing to do such a thing while bringing you to Pakistan rather than taking her out of it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

A cynical who believes in the sacrednes of marriage, I pitty your future children, what a pipedream.

Unless it's someone else's marriage, you mean.

I mean he's said he wants a society in which cheaters get beaten up or whatever, but he fails to note that he would be on the receiving end of this several times.

Even if he does manage to find a woman to start a family with, I'd be quite willing to put money on him being the cause of it breaking down.

It's funny what stuff you can find in the Life Advice forum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

btw the country he is looking for is antique rome

I've said it many times, I will say one more time. Don't make marriage vows that say you will stay with the person till death do you apart, if you don't mean it.

But for some reason you and others on here think it's ok to lie.

Unless it's someone else's marriage, you mean.

I mean he's said he wants a society in which cheaters get beaten up or whatever, but he fails to note that he would be on the receiving end of this several times.

Even if he does manage to find a woman to start a family with, I'd be quite willing to put money on him being the cause of it breaking down.

It's funny what stuff you can find in the Life Advice forum.

I'm not the one breaking a promise.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

You are facilitating that, however.

If I say "I've stabbed someone, could you hide this knife?" and you do it, that's accessory to murder and you go down too.

Edit: you've got some interesting cognitive dissonance going on here,  indulging in that same decadent behaviour you decrying as the moral decline of the civilised world.

Unless you've slept with millions upon millions of women, your sample size is far too small to be representative. You're looking in the wrong places if the women you meet are only interested in a hook-up.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:07:52 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Oh certainly, Dfnewb  seems to be blissfully unaware of how would said "traditional societies" regard him
'Ubada b. as-Samit reported: Allah's Messenger as saying: Receive teaching from me, receive teaching from me. Allah has ordained a way for those women. When an unmarried male commits adultery with an unmarried female, they should receive one hundred lashes and banishment for one year. And in case of married male committing adultery with a married female, they shall receive one hundred lashes and be stoned to death.

— Sahih Muslim, 17:4191

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh certainly, Dfnewb  seems to be blissfully unaware of how would said "traditional societies" regard him
'Ubada b. as-Samit reported: Allah's Messenger as saying: Receive teaching from me, receive teaching from me. Allah has ordained a way for those women. When an unmarried male commits adultery with an unmarried female, they should receive one hundred lashes and banishment for one year. And in case of married male committing adultery with a married female, they shall receive one hundred lashes and be stoned to death.

— Sahih Muslim, 17:4191

Why do you keep posting in my thread?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6