Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 86870 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2018, 01:08:18 pm »

Both of them are offline.. Sheldon, any thoughts on what is happening so far?

Ninja'fished.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2018, 01:16:39 pm »

Ha, so Sheldo does answer questions
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2018, 02:14:28 pm »

IcyTea31

You're getting more and more evasive as I put pressure on you, which is suspicious to me, keeping in mind the rules of the game. This all adds up to a stronger mafia than town read, and worth leaving my vote on unless someone scummier shows up.

Not telling you my role when you ask isn't being evasive. I've been pretty clear that I'm not going to tell you. Why are you so intent on rolefishing?

Do auctions end before a lynch? To make your behaviour even more townie you should bet $51 at the last moment so you can split my money before I spend it all on delicious, delicious waffles.
I'd rather not sacrifice my bank for the cause, as with my extra income I'll be much more likely to outbid scum in the future once something actually worthwhile gets put up to auction.

Now this is interesting, you don't want to spend some money to secure an item (preventing it from falling to the wrong hands in your opinion) so that you can spend some money to secure an item from scum at some point in the future? Lol.

What in your opinion is "something actually worthwhile"?

TricMagic

I'm personally more worried that you want what is essentially his Money Caz.. Trying to bump him off?

What? Do you know how to read? I advised him to outbid me if I'm lynched because he will get more money that way. It's more of an acerbic comment than anything. Obviously if I'm voting him I'm trying to 'bump him off', that isn't news. Idk why you suddenly come in defending him with nonsensical posts either. You just seem to be following Icytea with no real effort to your posts.

Right, we have enough people to hopefully do this.   Webadict/Caz

Splitvote, but why are you so defensive?

I have no idea what you are even doing now.

Splitting it, that's what.

People always seem to jump when votes keep switching, and I do need to apply pressure. That and Caz hasn't responded to my vote either.

Why not actually post some content? You have made no useful posts so far. And getting snippy about you waiting for a response when it's been less than 2 hours and this day has several days remaining... Wow. TricMagic, who do you think is scum? (Apart from the obvious) and who reads as most town to you so far?

TheBiggerFish
Webadict, for good measure, 'cause my vote is still on you.

Webadict (web, adict) seems to be two people, I think you have to vote for one or the other. They've got some mad illusionist shit going on or something.

Sheldon What can you assist us in?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2018, 02:26:31 pm »

@Caz: They're one person in the votecount.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2018, 02:52:24 pm »

Oh yeah, weird :S

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2018, 03:06:34 pm »

An interesting claim.
I also have three multikills and a jetski. Or maybe I just have a credit card and can fake my death. Who knows? Maybe I'm not even webadict! I'm literally trying to claim as many things as I can because then when the scum try to parse out what my ability and role are, they only get headaches. But, I also like to leave real hints. Like this: Going, going, gone. Or maybe not.

If anything, it's on YOU to stop Caz, if YOU feel it's warranted.
I think you've misunderstood my intentions. I'm not trying to stop Caz from winning the auction. I'm trying to lynch them as scum.
Really? Please provide that evidence that you believe he's scum? As far as I can tell, you're really only trying to force him to claim because you are, and this is a direct quote, "a scawed wittle baby."

Hey, Johnny, can you replay that bit?

I'm reading that either Caz is town and has a gamechanging ability, or they are scum playing catchup. With no risk of a nightkill, I'd like to hear what's so powerful, or even a plain claim that they have a powerful ability.
That's you at the beginning, so would you kindly show me where exactly that opinion changed? Because, to me, it looks like it came straight out of your ass for daring to challenge your self-sworn duty to "protect the town" to make him claim his action.

If he has a game-breaking ability as Town, wouldn't it be equally appealing for the scum to know?
All scum needs to know is that Caz has a powerful ability at all to act accordingly. I believe knowing the details is ultimately more helpful to us than the scum when the mafiakill is not a threat.
And yet, you ALSO see him as scum, so these ideals seem conflicting. Your argument boils down to that he's too dangerous to leave alive, without thinking that. Honestly, there's like three things you haven't considered, and I'll postulate as to why.

• The Town may have roles that can do something similar.
Being scum, you seem to have a good idea about what the role of the mafia is, and the limits of them. If you were Town, you are softclaiming that you have no means to stop Caz yourself. EXCEPT you have claimed to have more money than Caz, so that last statement is false, so it is much more likely you are scum.
  • You have just claimed a powerful ability
You are saying the the scum could deal with him. Uhhhh, the scum could ALSO deal with you, and yet you seem calm enough to that fact. Why is it more important that Caz be a known now that you are? If you are scum, this isn't a big deal to you.

I had more points, but at this point, all I'm seeing is red, so I'll have to come back later.

Additionally, I'm more likely to see him as Town since he's not trying to save his money for some future event that might happen. Saving your money is stupid.
A single extra action is not worth highballing unless you really need it. If we get that "recruit one of the replacements" auction, we want to win it.
All I have to say is good luck. If I had a daykill, I'd choose you without a second thought. No, wait, that's not true. I'd kill TheBiggerFish because he's more useless than Org. At least you provide thoughtful insight into the mind of a criminal and don't ignore all rational thought.

Your only true threat is outbidding him, but you didn't use that as your leverage (and explicitly stated as such.) You used the Town as a strongarm that you had no real right to.
My true threat is my vote, which started as pressure but has now moved to a relatively solid one.
Really? So, what, your money also isn't a threat? Your money is only for a potential outcome that could possibly happen but might not? Sounds really scummy to me. Seems oddly specific that you wouldn't think that you might have competition in that area.

If you want him to claim, you have to put up a better reason than that.

--

Next time, provide a real threat before you attempt extortion.
I know I'm somewhat new to the local metagame, but is "pressure for a claim" not a valid D1 scumhunting strategy here on Bay12?
Why are you asking me? I frankly don't care what the metagame is. My issue isn't that it's not a pressure for a claim. It's that you literally have the means to stop him and refuse to use it. If you truly believed he was scum, then you're putting your self-interest above that of the Town. I'm not saying I blame you for that, but your actions are all hypocritical to an outlandish degree, and I CAN blame you for that. "For the good of the Town!" but "No, I need it in case something happens!"

So, in essence, you're lying scum.[/list]

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2018, 03:17:28 pm »

Hey IcyTea
Perhaps you'll answer a question for me?

*webadict posts a case*
Well now, that puts you in your place.

One thing my friend forgot to mention
Was, you are having a conniption
Over Caz's potential strong town moves
You are willing to risk to make scum lose,
Yet without this thing called evidence,
I feel your case will fall to bits.

Thus I must conclude your tale,
Your mafia team is doomed to fail.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2018, 03:20:51 pm »

I would like to point out that not all of us can use the Waffles. Some skills take money to use.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2018, 03:25:37 pm »

Votecount, please.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2018, 03:30:29 pm »

I am also making a short case for TheBiggerFish, if only because he's litterally trash.

Honestly, if you tried, I wouldn't be angry. But, every time I play with you, I hope, beyond all hopes, that you die first. You are a drain on the Town's resources, regardless of whether you are Town or scum. You are a drain on MY resources, and frankly, that's more important.

Rockeater: I don't trust you.
How about you tell me who you do trust. And feel free to do it in one sentence or less, since I'm obviously not going to get more than that.

Stop imputing fishing when you're the one giving up role detsils and I'm just noticing them after the fact.
I'm not giving details. I'm calling you a rolefisher because you're certainly not doing anything else. But, let's play pretend for a second and say you're doing your best (Sorry, I vomited in my mouth for a second when I said that.)

Then WHY does THIS post
not have any evidence on it? Obviously, there must be SOME reason that you suspect he's not trustworthy.

Huh, I wonder who said th--
Maximum Spin: Why do you think hector's Mafia?  I know this is RVS, but you must have some reason to actually suspect this.
--at.

I'm not expecting perfection out of you because, let's face it, you're... Yeah. But, I expect you to do the bare minimum and, and please correct me if these aren't the right words for it but, do something? Especially when you're the one asking others to do the same thing. And even more especially because it's fucking you.

Perhaps this is a touch personal. I apologize for that. However, I will only be less angry at you when you follow your own rules or, and this will be a miracle, you try harder. I am sick to death of your one sentence posts that let you activelurk to the end of games. I am absolutely annoyed that people take what little you do as a serious attempt. And, I am 100% sure that if a policy lynch were to be enacted against you in every single game you ever played in, it would only be to the benefit of the Town, because you are such a frustrating person to play with, and I don't think you realize it.

There is a reason I type a lot. It is because I actually care. It is by this reasoning that I assume you don't. And if you don't care, then why are you even in the game? The only thing that makes this worse is that this may not actually reach you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2018, 03:35:37 pm »

There's a difference between "I don't trust you" and "this person is scum", webadict.  For the record, the unverifiable statements about Simon were why I felt like fingering Rockeater at the time.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2018, 03:36:50 pm »

And, indeed, if you look a mere two posts up...
Hi. Of course this game had to start right before I go out of town for a few days.

Sheldon, how long have you played mafia? Why does your name sound like a nerd? How are you feeling with two votes on you?

Maximum Spin: How do intend to get a productive conversation out of voting hector?
I don't think Sheldon will answer you
How do you know? A wise man once said "If you think something is impossible, it will be." Why are you not even trying?
It's not an acual pc, he's controled by fallacy, they could answer you but I doubt that
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2018, 03:45:31 pm »

And, indeed, if you look a mere two posts up...
Hi. Of course this game had to start right before I go out of town for a few days.

Sheldon, how long have you played mafia? Why does your name sound like a nerd? How are you feeling with two votes on you?

Maximum Spin: How do intend to get a productive conversation out of voting hector?
I don't think Sheldon will answer you
How do you know? A wise man once said "If you think something is impossible, it will be." Why are you not even trying?
It's not an acual pc, he's controled by fallacy, they could answer you but I doubt that
Congratulations on giving your reasoning in the same post. Did you know that makes reviewing information in the thread 30 times easier? No? Because you've never done that? Because that is too difficult for you? Because it's easier to misconstrue information and reasoning later in the thread if you never provide it the very post you try to use? Because your activelurking has become so much of a habit that people automatically cover for you with the simplest of explanations available at the time and when more information is available, they have to do the detective work that you could've given them with 5 minutes of extra oomph?

There's a reason I format my posts to make access to the posts they reference when at all possible. It's also why I quote posts. And before you give me the PFP you're about to say, I did at least two of those posts on my phone. Granted, I suppose, you could be using a Nokia Brick to post, but I once ran a game from a Blackberry, so I don't really care. It's the same issue. I fundamentally don't think you want to try.

And yes, I realize that 5 minutes seems like a lot, but I'm covering the base that you're quadriplegic and type with your tongue. At least then, I'd understand a bit, but then I'd recommend a speech to text program for you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2018, 03:51:05 pm »

Okay, can we perhaps fucking not.  This isn't scumhunting, it's personal animus getting in the way of actually playing the game.  Maybe you don't like how I play it, but biting my head off every time I post is not going to actually make me more likely to spend time and effort in doing it.
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2018, 03:57:25 pm »

Now this is interesting, you don't want to spend some money to secure an item (preventing it from falling to the wrong hands in your opinion) so that you can spend some money to secure an item from scum at some point in the future? Lol.
You seem to be purposely misinterpreting my words. I don't care if scum gets the waffles, because they are irrelevant if they are dead before the night begins. In the future, however, the scum will be able to move cash between each other, while town cannot. For this, my increased income will allow me to compete much better...if I haven't spent all my money D1 on something irrelevant.

What in your opinion is "something actually worthwhile"?
A revive, self- or otherwise. An extra vote. An extra player. But I wouldn't pay too much for an extra action, at least without something to use it for.

Really? Please provide that evidence that you believe he's scum?

--

That's you at the beginning, so would you kindly show me where exactly that opinion changed? Because, to me, it looks like it came straight out of your ass for daring to challenge your self-sworn duty to "protect the town" to make him claim his action.
My opinion changed around the time I set down my vote. The evidence is the logical argument that being open about your role is a pro-town move in this kill-less setup, which I admittedly haven't presented very well. The reason you usually don't reveal your role in Mafia is that it gets you killed. In this setup, with the theme of Pacifism, it doesn't. Were everyone to make their claims early on, the town would be far better informed to focus on the second theme of the game, Money, such as by figuring out which auctions are worth highballing, and which are not. Is this clear-cut enough?

Being scum, you seem to have a good idea about what the role of the mafia is, and the limits of them.
I've put some thought into the special mechanics of this setup and built a strategy keeping them in mind. Haven't you?

If you were Town, you are softclaiming that you have no means to stop Caz yourself. EXCEPT you have claimed to have more money than Caz, so that last statement is false, so it is much more likely you are scum.
Again, outbidding Caz would only help the town if Caz goes unlynched. I only intend that to happen if they really are town, in which case outbidding them would also be pointless.

You have just claimed a powerful ability
You are saying the the scum could deal with him. Uhhhh, the scum could ALSO deal with you, and yet you seem calm enough to that fact. Why is it more important that Caz be a known now that you are? If you are scum, this isn't a big deal to you.
With no kills, blocks take a bigger role in disabling power roles. I'm unblockable.

All I have to say is good luck. If I had a daykill, I'd choose you without a second thought. No, wait, that's not true. I'd kill TheBiggerFish because he's more useless than Org. At least you provide thoughtful insight into the mind of a criminal and don't ignore all rational thought.
No such thing as a daykill in this setup.

Really? So, what, your money also isn't a threat?
Honestly, no. Not in this auction.

Might want to cool off for some time before continuing.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 59