Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 87105 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2018, 10:11:45 am »

TBF: What is your goal for this day?
I don't really know - it's RVS, there's very little to plan with.
That said, lynching scum sounds like a good idea.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2018, 10:16:53 am »

Maximum Spin
Fear is the path to the Dark Side. To be serious, the thing that worries me when it comes to stuff like this is unknown quantities, so I guess Tric, Max or rockeater.
You have nothing to fear but fear itself, and spiders.
Why did you respond to this part of my post and not the part that was, you know, specifically a question for you?

I find it hilarious that nobody else thinks webadict is doing this on purpose.
Doing which part on purpose?

TBF:
In an earlier post I said Simon, I meant Sheldon.  Eh.  Both those names start with S, close enough.

And wuba, if only one person is able to be lynched, why are you tying the vote and letting scum decide it?
What does it matter if the vote is tied with several days left before the lynch?

Do you actually think that Webadict is scum, by the way? Or do you just not want to vote for anyone else?

I asked you another question as well if you feel like answering any of them.

IcyTea:
The essence is: Caz bought an object, and you don't agree with him.
Bought an object in a suspicious manner.
What was especially suspicious about Caz bidding on the item compared to everybody else who put a bid on it? As far as I can tell you voted for them after they didn't respond to your rolefishing.

Caz (and other people talking about claiming):
Yeah, claiming this early seems like a bad idea. Scum not having a kill doesn't mean they don't have ways to interfere with people taking actions.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2018, 10:18:32 am »

Give up something useful Fish. On another note, a lot of posts to read.

I for one do not feel the need to vote for Icy with what is RVS style accusations. If their aren't any mafia nightkills, that gives an advantage to investigators. And Icy is near guaranteed to get someone tracking him tonight with his roleblock claim. And if he doesn't go anywhere tonight, that meant he lied.

Ninja Deus

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2018, 10:43:58 am »

And as for this...
Teneb, Persus13: Is it easier to avoid conflict by voting for the friendly assist bot than an actual person? Why do you think that voting for the assist bot is more helpful than scumhunting?
I am in a private chat with the bot, and it is a little more active and antagonistic there. Which, ya know, has me worried about mod fuckery.

TBF is fishing like there's no tomorrow; while MS is seemingly throwing votes around randomly, though my read on them from both this game and meta-knowledge from seeing them around the forum is that they just don't give a shit about justifying their choices... which is still either scum behaviour or bad town playing. But I have privileged information on Perses and would like them to post more. A whole lot more.
I agree that Persus13 needs to post more.

Is your information particularly damning, or is it more speculative?
I don't know his alignment, but I do know what his role is about: getting power through lurking.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2018, 10:52:52 am »

I don't know his alignment, but I do know what his role is about: getting power through lurking.
Am I correct in assuming this is what happens when you vote for Sheldon?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2018, 12:05:42 pm »

No. One of my powers is knowing Persus' role name, at the price he knowing mine. Only his. Fortunately, his name is very descriptive, while mine isn't.

In the interest of not being coy and actually contributing to the Town's base of knowledge, his role name is "The BYOR Role that Rewards Lurking" while mine is "A Shitpost".

I have no info on his alignment, but lurking is bad for town anyway.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2018, 12:12:24 pm »

Also, can we get a prod on randomgenericusername?
Noted.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2018, 12:35:46 pm »

No. One of my powers is knowing Persus' role name, at the price he knowing mine. Only his. Fortunately, his name is very descriptive, while mine isn't.

In the interest of not being coy and actually contributing to the Town's base of knowledge, his role name is "The BYOR Role that Rewards Lurking" while mine is "A Shitpost".

I have no info on his alignment, but lurking is bad for town anyway.
I am so very tempted to vote Persus right now.  This is just...why the carp even.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2018, 12:37:22 pm »

(As for why I'm not, I don't know if anyone would actually follow me in that, being as there's already webadict arguing to policy-lynch me.)
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2018, 12:49:56 pm »

Persus, a better vote than anything else in info gained.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2018, 01:06:16 pm »

As an addendum since otherwise I'll be called a liar: the power that lets me know Persus' role name also has a clause that it will not appear on the death post (also applies to my own flip). I'm not too worried since his role name will still appear just fine, but might as well mention this. Pretty sure the clause is there to prevent revealing the other's role by simply dying.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2018, 01:06:40 pm »

(As for why I'm not, I don't know if anyone would actually follow me in that, being as there's already webadict arguing to policy-lynch me.)

Why should his opinion affect how others see you?
Play your own game, do what you gotta do.

People won’t follow if you stop playing.
Better do that, or else start praying.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2018, 01:15:44 pm »

That only makes you look more suspicious. If you're afraid of trying to do something Townlike, how does that help Town? Someone that's lurking isn't a productive member of the Town.

I'm arguing to policy-lynch you IF you don't do anything. Which is what this statement is! It's you coming up with a reason to not do anything. All you have to do to be productive is produce results. That's all I'm asking for.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2018, 01:45:38 pm »

But, then, besides Caz, who do you find to be scummy and why? Look at that, I'm even giving you some leeway here and not responding to all the silly points you made. Freetime!
Sorry for the delay, I was taken by real life for a few hours.

hector13: Slight scum. Speech limited to cheers and comments, not particularly pointed questions.
randomgenericusername: Null. Insufficient data.
TricMagic: Slight town. Cryptic as always but rings fewer alarm bells than usual.
TheBiggerFish: Scum. I have no idea what he's trying to achieve, but he's failing.
Maximum Spin: Neutral. Terse posts leave little to work with. Not very informative.
Caz: Slight scum. Suspicious activity, but under pressure cracks point to town.
Persus13: Null. Insufficient data.
Deus Asmoth: Null. insufficient data.
Rockeater: Neutral. Flying under the radar by focusing on the NPC and responding tersely when questioned.
Sheldon: Slight town. I doubt an NPC can be scum, but weirder things have happened.
webadict: Strong town. Not even the most audacious scum would act like you have.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2018, 01:50:00 pm »

Oh, missed Teneb: Slight town. Cryptic, but going somewhere with their claim.

What was especially suspicious about Caz bidding on the item compared to everybody else who put a bid on it? As far as I can tell you voted for them after they didn't respond to your rolefishing.
That he bid so much, so quickly, for a relatively weak item. I gave him a prod, and placed my vote to put some pressure on him, which quickly solidified.

There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 59