Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: my new metal boils off immediately  (Read 824 times)

blackattack54

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a dwarf yes
    • View Profile
my new metal boils off immediately
« on: August 24, 2018, 01:29:02 pm »

So I am modding in a new metal (better than candy, for the sole purpose of not having unmatched fun trying to obtain it), but whenever i try to test it in the Arena, the metal immediately boils off and my dwarf is left with no weapon. I do not know what I did wrong, and am actively trying to fix it.

I do believe that it is important to note that I am very new to modding the game, so any help is appreciated, and also that may be the reason why this post is annoying if it is.

Also, most of this I copied off of the "Cacame Awemedinade" page on the Wiki.

Here is the RAW. I'm gonna put it in spoiler so it isn't crowding up your page before you look at it. Note that the SPEC_HEAT used to be 7500 but after it began boiling off I cranked it up to see if it would fix it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 01:42:11 pm by blackattack54 »
The war grizzly bear bites the Hammer Lord in the head, but the blow is deflected by the -iron helm-!
The war grizzly bear latches on firmly!
The war grizzly bear shakes the Hammer Lord around by the head and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Doren Delerilon, Hammer Lord, has been struck down.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my new metal boils off immediately
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 01:31:49 pm »

Post your metal RAWs for a start, it is hard to say what the problem is otherwise.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

blackattack54

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a dwarf yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 01:38:30 pm »

Post your metal RAWs for a start, it is hard to say what the problem is otherwise.

Good point there.
Will be posted in a few minutes.
The war grizzly bear bites the Hammer Lord in the head, but the blow is deflected by the -iron helm-!
The war grizzly bear shakes the Hammer Lord around by the head and the severed part sails off in an arc!

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 02:20:36 pm »

Temperature is a 16 bit number apparently, going by the overflow error you are having.  Try having a boiling point below 65536 (2^16) urists.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

blackattack54

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a dwarf yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 02:29:52 pm »

Temperature is a 16 bit number apparently, going by the overflow error you are having.  Try having a boiling point below 65536 (2^16) urists.

Thank you, that worked.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 08:36:59 pm »

Technically, it must be 60000 or less, because 60001 is the magic number that means "NONE".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.