Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Add to the creatures thoughts about sex and be able to customize their values

(1/40) > >>

happy face:
irst of all, do not write or speak English very well, so do not be surprised if it is poorly written
Well, I would like to customize the thoughts of the opposite sex in adventure mode, or see my dwarves see what they think about the other sex. For example:
To be able to tell my character that he thinks that dealing with the other sex is tired or that he thinks it is better or worse, that it is necessary to protect or exclaim them, that he believes that power is only for them to have, or that they are very hard workers or are very lazy and etc.
Also with that you could do interesting things like amazons, kingdoms where they exclaim the other sex, a society where each sex can have its own profession and etc.

KittyTac:
Probably planned already, a common element in fantasy stories.

voliol:
This should probably be according to castes instead of simply the sex tokens, as creatures can have either more or less than two sex-restricted castes (eg. ants, snails). I imagine you’d want castes to be recognized as the same between species though, so that a goblin and a dwarf woman aren’t considered wholly diferent things, so the sex tokens could at least have a use for this here, though other linkages should be possible as well. Like multiple different ”warrior” castes of a creature all being considered ”warriors”.

Tinnucorch:

--- Quote from: KittyTac on August 24, 2018, 11:21:18 pm ---Probably planned already, a common element in fantasy stories.

--- End quote ---

How much sure are you about that? As I understood the answer to your question about adding oppresive systems of government in the FotF thread, I don't see it that clear. Toady said he has "no interest in adding systematized sexual violence, many of the various human genocides, certain forms of discrimination as previously discussed, etc". I'm not sure if that also includes sexism or gender based labor distribution.

I won't mind the underground, evil, spider-praising elf priestess, though...

KittyTac:

--- Quote from: Tinnucorch on September 06, 2018, 07:17:50 pm ---
--- Quote from: KittyTac on August 24, 2018, 11:21:18 pm ---Probably planned already, a common element in fantasy stories.

--- End quote ---

How much sure are you about that? As I understood the answer to your question about adding oppresive systems of government in the FotF thread, I don't see it that clear. Toady said he has "no interest in adding systematized sexual violence, many of the various human genocides, certain forms of discrimination as previously discussed, etc". I'm not sure if that also includes sexism or gender based labor distribution.

I won't mind the underground, evil, spider-praising elf priestess, though...

--- End quote ---
Presumably only hardcoded sexism by men against women. So if your procedural mythgen race has two castes, fufhgvk and aukkgfgvk, there might be fufhgvk-on-aukkgfgvk sexual violence. I guess humans might have it because of RNG, but it would be procedural and not hardcoded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version