Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 101

Author Topic: House of Storms  (Read 39168 times)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of Storms
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 04:42:33 pm »

"Coming right up." The barkeep saidto Atil, reaching for a mug and pulling on a tap. Foam and dark ale rose along the brass stein. "As to the meat, we have braised clubtail ribs shipped in frozen from the Talenta Plains, whole roast chicken, or Vadalis Beef, served strip, porterhouse, or in a sandwich."

Upstairs, the half-elf jokingly accused the gnome. "You were sending her messages all game, weren't you?"

"Please," the gnomish woman made a dismissing gesture, "you think anyone would play with me if I did that? It's not like we don't switch up partners all the time. Anyway, next round's on you, d'Lyrandar."

I absolutely could have, however. Stella hears the gnome's voice in her head after a few well-hidden finger motions beneath the table from the gnome.

The half-elf begrudgingly agreed. A human waiter came over to take orders.

[The other scene still pending a word from Sormias]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 04:47:17 pm by retromach »

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 04:51:46 pm »

Dullahan chuckled again. "Ah beginners luck, happens to all of us sometimes. I hope you enjoyed playing though Stella, always nice to have more players around."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 05:18:44 pm »

Stella nods, glancing at the gnome only briefly. "I cannot say I view card games as my preferred pastime, but, as it stands, I lack many other options. Perhaps I will grow to like them more with time." Stella glances over at the waiter. "Tea and a bowl of potato soup, please."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 05:27:03 pm by Cynicalwhovian »

Trissy-Tama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 05:29:37 pm »

[Redacted at request]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:54:11 pm by Trissy-Tama »

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 05:39:09 pm »

"Hi there." The cult replied, speaking in unison, copying Sormias' words.

The leader added. "Speak to us, oh abberant being, upon whom lays the foundations of true magic, of these mysterious ways. Grant us the secrets of your power, that we may go forth, in your name, to bring ruin unto the people of Eberron."

Outside, the Paladins were preparing a count down. A warforged juggernaut affixed a ram to his arm.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 05:54:41 pm by retromach »

Trissy-Tama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2018, 05:53:55 pm »

[Redacted at request]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:54:50 pm by Trissy-Tama »

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2018, 05:57:27 pm »

"Grant us your powers, oh dread lady of the great beyond, and we shall obey your every command." The leader said.

And then the door got battered down and some kind of eight foot armored golem burst in, along with a force of armored swordsmen and unarmored fighters. Humans, elves, dwarves, and all manner of strange creature all living together.

Brother Jonathan was among them, hurling silver fire that seemed to burn and consume cultists, while Sormias Velcrosse was still trapped in the summoning circle.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2018, 06:02:56 pm »

Bother Jonathan softly chanted prayers of protection between burning cultist. His eyes scouting for the horror that was brought into the world this day. "May the flame burn away your evil and leave only a pure soul."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Trissy-Tama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2018, 06:07:19 pm »

[Redacted at request]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:55:07 pm by Trissy-Tama »

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2018, 06:10:57 pm »

Brother Jonathan's silver fire filled the circle. It burned and stung! And, within moments, Sormias passed unconscious.

She woke up, a short while later, surrounded by Paladins and Monks.

"The fire did not burn her." The local Abbot sounded stunned. "She does not serve the Dragon Below."

"She's an evil aberration." The head paladin assured him. "Your fires probably failed because she's fireproof."

"The Silver Flame does not fail." The Abbot insisted.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2018, 06:14:48 pm »

"These cultist shall bring fear to the people no more." Bother Jonathan looked at the creature his flames did not burn. "The flame spares those that can be saved."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Trissy-Tama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2018, 06:23:18 pm »

[Redacted at request]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:55:53 pm by Trissy-Tama »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2018, 06:36:41 pm »

"So you are a women." Jonathan shrugged. "The fire saved your life from Templar spears." He smiled and raised a hand in a gesture of peace. "Now, it would be pleasant if you told us where you are from."

Trissy-Tama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2018, 06:46:57 pm »

[Redacted at request]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:56:07 pm by Trissy-Tama »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2018, 06:53:20 pm »

"You are in the cogs of Sharn. City of towers. I have never heard of 'The leyline nexus'. If you need to go some place, I know the house of Lyrandar are the ones to speak with." Jonathan nodded as he rubbed his chin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 101