Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101]

Author Topic: House of Storms  (Read 39202 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: House of Storms
« Reply #1500 on: February 19, 2019, 12:08:27 pm »

"What is the point of thinking over such things? I do not see how knowing or not knowing will give me food for tomorrow, or save me from an axe." Atil said, munching on some more sausages.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: February 19, 2019, 03:19:13 pm »

The Hobgoblin smiles at the Lizardman. "We don't know what sort of axes or food we will find when we arrive at the next star, so we cannot plan ahead. Our bellies are full and our necks safe now, so what should we be thinking about friend?"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 19, 2019, 03:25:42 pm »

“Planing ahead mean more than readying your tools of war. You must ready your mind as well, and also your body. We have plenty of food, still, so we should make sure it is properly preserved, in order to bring them with us, and train against one another, so we may properly be able to fight with each other, we things get difficult. If the concern is about what you should do to preoccupy yourself, as you wait for the inevitable battle, then you are not doing enough to prepare for the fight ahead.”
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: February 19, 2019, 03:38:35 pm »

"We are traveling with a marked halfling of House Ghallanda! I wouldn't worry about preserving our food with Chevash around. As for training, I sort of see your point, but it is difficult to spar when your main weapon is a limited supply of highly destructive spells! My greatest asset is my mind, and these sort of discussions keep it sharp."

The Hobgoblin's grin grows a bit wider. "I appreciate your dedication to readiness and preparation though. It has served us well so far, friend!"

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 19, 2019, 03:49:52 pm »

"All knowledge is power, Atil." Cylia d'Sivis insisted. "The Last War made that clear enough. Knowledge of advanced arcaneering flows from first principles, many of which are established through experimentation and discussion. Understanding the nature of the gods, and their limits, if any, may not provide immediate tangible benefit, but provides methods of producing more valuable information."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 19, 2019, 05:07:21 pm »

“That, I can understand. It is how Like money has no visible use, but can be exchanged for food, at a later time.”

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 19, 2019, 05:18:14 pm »

"Yes. It is interesting, Atil, that you share my commitment to improvement but consider improvement a different thing.

Consider: Someone must have invented the axe in its current form by studying what metal does when hot, enabling it to be forged. Some people must have thought about ways to prepare food, especially potentially dangerous plants. Many of the things you take for granted arose from theory."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 19, 2019, 06:38:11 pm »

“I have never concerned myself with those things. But, if ai have to think about it, it would be just as easy to assume that someone saw the stone melt and then harden back up, figured that you could shape it, since it was more sturdy than other stone, and then, eventually, as they used it, figured they could shape it with an edge, since it didn’t change shape easily. After that it is just running across shapes that work better for fighting, or what ever work you desire. Like how cubes are not good for rolling, but you would curb the edges to make it roll more easily, so you can keep the flat sides to show the number you wish to se.” Atil sneezed after his sentence was finished, before going to get more sausages. “I understand that knowledge is important, but it does not come from nowhere. It is gained through watching the world and practice. Your body will do the rest. Watch a deer eat a berry and see the same deer dead the next day, with no wounds, it was probably the berry. It takes more force to swing a blunt rock than a sharp one? You know know which one is easier to swing. It is instructive.”

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 19, 2019, 06:42:59 pm »

Chevash laughed. "That's just what Stella said but antisocial. There'd be good cause for that rock-melt-seer to tell people about it and ask what they think."

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 19, 2019, 08:51:13 pm »

Stella nods to Chevash. "I consider myself asocial, not antisocial, but you are correct in that I agree with Atil on the subject. Certain things, however, cannot be gained by direct observation, such as the creation of spells."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 20, 2019, 09:38:50 am »

“I am unsure of how spells are created.”

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101]