Finally... > Forum Games and Roleplaying

Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)

(1/189) > >>

Greatness942:

Spoiler: Main Storyline (click to show/hide)"Timeline 350-Demeter's?"

"Cancelled. They ran out of funds."

"2-Sigma?"

"Jess Warner ended the world when he realized he didn't need the Wiki-Wars. He also became Exodus himself."

"Polamo-HH3?"

"Sucked into a Rift and all of the Warriors became Victorian-era Folk Heroes."

"Well, I suppose it's our turn to leave a mark. Timeline M83: Theta Sigma's first Wiki-Wars will officially commence. Starting now."
After months of waiting, and more months than that of promotional packages and TV commercials, you have it. A copy of the brand new game: Anubis. This game, a virtual reality roleplaying game themed around Egyptian mythology, was hyped up a bunch, appearing at E3 and PAX East, and you honestly cannot wait to dig in. After popping the game into your disk drive and installing it, you slip on your headset.

But, when you get in, something unexpected happens. Rather than the normal start-up screen depicting pharaohs and hieroglyphs, you instead see a Monarch butterfly, with computerized TRON lines dashing through it's wingspan. You hear a voice, computerized, yet calm and soothing. "Greetings, human," it says, "My name is E.D.U. I was created by the Monarch Foundation as a sapient and feeling Artificial Intelligence, better known as a Human Intelligence, for the purpose of both education and entertainment. My masters have informed me that you are now unable to play your game, Anubis. They have drafted you. A war with randomized avatars and environments. A bloodbath. I do apologize. But there is no escape. No log out." E.D.U disappears, and the screen cuts to black.
At least, that's how the intro used to end. But something's different, something's changed. You came in late, diving in through the altruism in an attempt to save lives, even though you knew no one died in reality. Still better than showcasing dark fears. But E.D.U, while still present, is silent. Instead, a humanoid figure is in front of her. A human, or cyborg more likely, stands before you. He has shoulder length, brown hair, a crooked grin, and a cybernetic left eye that glows red to compliment his brown right eye. His features are of Asian descent, but his skin is ghastly pale. His left arm is a bronze colored, sci-fi cybernetic that moves like his real one does, and he's wearing an expensive looking suit.

"Hehe, well, guess it's been a while since I had arrived in one of these, huh?" he chuckles, "Allow me to introduce myself. I have many names. Exodus, James, The Work-in-Progress kid, the CEO of the Warner Industrial Program...but you may call me Jess Warner. And let me tell you one thing. In this Wiki-Warfare...

We're gonna have some fun."
The return is upon us.

Welcome! My funk and boredom has ended, so I'm back to my comfort zone: Wiki-Warfare! This takes from the failed original version, but it's been fixed up. It's not a reboot or a massive overhaul, mind you. As the title suggests, it's more a patch than anything else. I will send invites out to every past competitor from the first version, but new people are welcome to join in at any time. So, that being said, let's get into game modes and mechanics.

Spoiler: Game Modes (click to show/hide)1. Deathmatch: A standard, one life, no waitlisters kill 'em all.

2. Team Deathmatch: One life, 5v5. Use your actions in the Open, or Spoil them to concoct secret plans.

3. Assassination: A competitive gamemode where you are tasked with being the first person to kill either a Boss or a Target. Respawns and Waitlisters allowed.

4. Classic: First to 10 kills wins. Respawns and Waitlisters Allowed.

5. Objective: Similar to Assassination, except that the first player who completes a specific objective tied to the map, GM's wishes, and other factors wins. Respawns and Waitlisters allowed

6. Team Objective: A variant of objective, 5v5, where the first team to successfully complete the objective will win. Respawns and Waitlisters allowed.

7. Snatch n' Grab: There is a specific item on the map that holding will benefit the player. Every turn the item is held, a point is rewarded. The first player to get a randomly decided amount of points, between 10 and 15, with the item wins. Respawning is allowed.

8. Snatch n' Grab (Bloodbath Edition): The same rules as Snatch n' Grab, except respawns are turned off. Hold an item for 10-15 turns or just be the last Wiki-Warrior standing.Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)Game runs on a d10 with Chunky Salsa rules. No HP or anything like that.

The Avatar System returns: Your first two articles no longer adjust your sex and nationality. Now, the first article governs your in-game Avatar, including Name, Species, Gender, Nationality, as well as the normal set of Assets, Abilities, and Allies. To accommodate for this, sub-wikis are being changed. Rather than just the last wiki-links of your sheet being from non-Wikipedia Wikias, now a custom d5 determines how many of your articles are from sub-wikis, while a coin flip determines if they're the first wikis or the last ones to show up. This system should encourage roleplaying and in-character decisions while also providing fun new ways to kill your enemies. For instance, if your Avatar is Freddy Krueger, you could invade dreams, and if your character is Darth Vader, you can use the Force.

In addition, I'm listing out a couple key mechanics:

Reloading: guns are separated into three separate speeds. Short Reloads take up no time, Medium Reloads take up half your time, and Long Reloads take up all your time. Reload times can be shortened with the proper...anything, really. Gun experience?

The Wishes system is also changed. While the winner of each Chapter does still get a wish of basically whatever they want, the wish must be approved by the Monarch AI, E.D.U. Meaning no tricks involving Porunga this time around. But...with Jess back, who's to say if E.D.U is the one actually granting them?
Players: 10/10:
Failbird105, Rockeater, The_Two_Eternities, Edelweiss, NRDL, ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES, King Zultan, 0cra_Tr0per, BlackPaladin99, Hector 13

Waitlisters: 0/Infinite:

Spoiler: Winners (click to show/hide)The Watchful Monarch: FallacyofUrist (Mycroft Holmes)
The Rich Man's Fortune: The_Two_Eternities (Super-Sloth)

FallacyofUrist:
IN IN IN IN IN
IN!

Hello again.

I enjoyed the last game so I'm going IN.

Also, IN, IN, with a side of IN, along with FIRST IN.

Greatness942:

--- Quote from: FallacyofUrist on August 27, 2018, 01:09:15 am ---IN IN IN IN IN
IN!

Hello again.

I enjoyed the last game so I'm going IN.

Also, IN, IN, with a side of IN, along with FIRST IN.

--- End quote ---

Okay, wait, let me get this straight: are you in?

Seriously, though, welcome back!

Failbird105:
IN. JUST IN. FULL STOP.

I don't even care that I'm already in a Wiki War with heavy emphasis on sub-wikis this game was my jam.

NRDL:
In please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version