Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 77335 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2018, 03:06:53 am »

use epitaph

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2018, 12:48:15 am »

Chapter I: The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part I: Legacy of the Night Sentinels (Redux)
Goddard College Campus, Seattle, Washington
Late Morning, Clear Skies, 8/23/2020

Other than a slight growl and an unseen grimace, the large and imposing Doom Slayer, the conqueror of Hell itself, didn't flinch at all. He turned to his companion, the hacking prodigy Jill Lovelace, and gestured his head to the building on campus. She knew him from a past life, when she was only 14 and he was far more willing to relax, so she knew what he wanted: to hack the computers within to absolve him of any legal damages. She ran in, bursting forth to the computer lab. But even with the pants-wetting reputation of the Doom Slayer, nothing she could think of would absolve him of consequences. No one here was a Demon, after all. Still outside, he didn't care. The Doom Slayer hoisted up a large weapon, titanium lined with green plasma shining within, and scoped around for a target. And one, with a huge nose and a ridiculous scarf, was perfect for him. Only, just then, a noise that pierced the sky sounded it. That blue box was suddenly in another place at the same time as it stood there, un-moving. It was as though it cloned itself. Out of this second TARDIS popped two more people in strange clothing, the male of whom primed his own Sonic Screwdriver at the BFG 9000. [9] The thing shuts down before it can fire as the Fifth Doctor grabs himself, Romana II, and the still-functioning K9 and hauls them into the TARDIS. The time machine then flies out to the outskirts of town.

Part VIII: Time Paradox
Noon, Cloudy, 8/23/2020

Meanwhile, in the present, Mycroft Holmes lies there. His blood is everywhere, coating the wood floor of the library in a trail of crimson. He looks up to the now mostly-frozen Brewer, and grimaces as he sees the free hand is clutching his automatic shotgun. "Oh you... gaaaah. Hey. Want some money?" he gasps out, shakily holding out a wad of Australian dollars out towards the frozen vagrant. [5 v 2] Brewer nods, allowing Mycroft to put the money in his teeth. He then takes out his camera with his remaining hand, and photo-freezes himself with it so as to remain alive.

Death is approaching quickly. Hell on Earth seems closer and closer. The Doom Slayer gasps out a choking breath before pulling out the BFG 9000, finding it still stocked with ammo. [Reaction: 1 v 3] Helvar attempts to bridge the gap, but the Doom Slayer quickly presses the giant weapon to the ground. The green Argent energy flashes over everyone, and the first noticeable thing is that all the civilians in the area are essentially turned to mulch on impact. [5+2 v 1-2] Due to both the pain, it's power, and the very suicidal placement, the Doom Slayer denies his enemies by killing himself in the blast, his soul fading away into Argent Energy. [3+2 v 5] Helvar manages to dodge the blast by getting behind sturdy enough cover just in the nick of time, [9+2 v 7] while the blast sends 47 crashing through the doors. His flesh is heavily burned, he's missing two fingers, [Glass Impact: 3] though the glass doesn't stab into him.

47 still, as a consummate professional, doesn't falter. Stumbling to his feet, he notices Helvar standing up from the blast, his back facing away from 47. [Stealth: 3+2] Helvar seems to look around for the assassin, not yet noticing him in his blind spot as he crawls towards Helvar and pulls out [Equipment Survival: 8] both Silverballers, still intact. [1+2 (Assassination) v 1] [1+2 (Assassination) v 2] One shot hits Helvar's hip, spraying blood out as the round leaves his torso. The second, meanwhile, becomes a flesh would as it grazes some more flesh.

In spite of being bribed, Brewer still has his priorities in check. That camera has been the bane of his existence lately. And with one free gun, one free hand, and no direct injury to the now-frozen Mycroft, he is well within his rights to punish this camera. [5 v 3] The shot manages to damage the lens, removing part of the advantage to it. [+2 now +1] His victory there is short lived as the Rwandan Monarchy rolls in. They storm the building, a combat medic grabbing Mycroft and hauling him out as Cobra moves in to inspect Brewer. By now, he's beginning to unfreeze. Cobra [Mercy Check: 3-2 (Not Merciful)] scowls before leaning back and pointing his Makarov right at Brewer. [4 v 1] A single gunshot slams into Brewer's stomach, sending the unfrozen man sprawling as he lands against the ground.

Within the announcement room, the abilities of her Stand send Frances reeling with possibilities. Activating Epitaph, she can see what'll happen during the next ten seconds:

With only one room left to check, The Monarchy breaches the room. Three of them, with automatic weapons, take preference on the Wiki-Warrior. [? v ?] Their rounds turn Frances into swiss cheese, splattering blood against the room. Lorillard and Robert cry out in a panic as Frances drops forward. Dead.

Luckily for her vulnerable ass, The Monarchy is only just now stacking up against the door. Only to hear sirens. Yep. The Doctor's plan worked. The Seattle Police Department has arrived.

BSN: Rockeater: Waitlist?

Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 08:19:04 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2018, 01:17:11 am »

Annoyed he couldn't take anything from the doom slayer, and also annoyed at getting shot, Helvar channels his anger and tries to do what Berserker do and hack and slash enemies to death, in this case, the agent that he knew would do such a thing from the start. He was trying to take his kill and glory anyway...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2018, 01:23:41 am »

Stay in the berserker's blind spot, keep pumping him with bullets.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2018, 04:37:11 am »

Waitlist
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Hotfire90

« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2018, 11:21:34 am »

Use the combined power of our gallifreyan minds to come up with a (preferably non-lethal) plan to win the deathmatch and to find a way to stop the purple code man. Once a plan has been made, rejoin the original timeline.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2018, 11:32:59 am »

become a cloud, follow Mycroft. Sneakily wait

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2018, 11:40:56 am »

Hmm, skip anyway, just in case.

JustCallMePops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2018, 01:49:51 pm »

Even though I'm already in the waitlist for another wiki-war, count me in!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2018, 02:12:53 pm »

Even though I'm already in the waitlist for another wiki-war, count me in!

You got it, man!

Waitlist

Alrighty, then.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2018, 08:46:45 pm »

If Mycroft is completely frozen, he might not be able to do anything. If he's not completely frozen, he freezes the cloud following him using his (still mostly intact) camera. Furthermore he receives medical treatment by the combat medic and hands Myrtenaster to Cobra if possible. It may be able to hurt the cloud if it uses Dust to do non-kinetic damage.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2018, 09:06:49 pm »

Chapter I: The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part IX: Blood Money
Early Evening, Lightly Cloudy, 8/23/2020

With a scowl of annoyance plastered on his face, Helvar looks back to where the Doom Slayer was standing. In his place is basically an assortment of meat and organs, denying Helvar a real trophy of combat. He growls and tries to turn and look for 47, trying to slice him into ribbons as penance for stealing his well deserved kill. [3 v 8+2 (Stealth Bonus)] But as he flourishes about with his blade drawn, the still-living, burned clone still moves well enough to dodge within his blind spot. It's as though he doesn't feel the pain of his burns. Which, he doesn't. Destroyed nerve endings and all. Which is certainly a thought that continues to infuriate Helvar.

47 is not as easily annoyed, though. He aims to stay within his blind spot, keeping his pistols drawn for the right time. [5+2] He stays stealthy and ready to assassinate, focusing on his training as he looks over Helvar's back, searching for the right spot on his body. [8+2 (Assassination Bonus) v 4] [9+2 v 3-2 (Pain)] The first one pierces straight through the middle of Helvar's back, sending pain through his whole body. He gasps with widened eyes and collapses to his knees, dropping the Stoor Worm Sword to the ground. 47 doesn't flinch, hobbling forward and pressing the suppressed barrel of the other Silverballer to the back of Helvar's head. Helvar mutters "P-P-Promise me...the next fight will be a better age for a warrior like me.", to which 47 simply responds "I'm sure the chance will come." With one last, quiet gunshot, Helvar falls forward, dead.
Agent 47 has done what he does best! 47 gets:
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/M8A1: +XM8 (Short Reload Four-Round Burst Assault Rifle, 32/32. Two Magazines in Reserve. Attachment(s): Suppressor)
47 notices an extra weight at his back. He pulls out an XM8 rifle with a suppressor already threaded on. Holstering it again, he looks around, thinking of a new plan. But then, his forgotten ally Frederic Rossif comes in, recording all the proceedings on his camera.

Meanwhile, within the TARDIS, within the past, within an alternate timeline, two incarnations of the smartest beings in the galaxy are together. Or, rather, trying to work together while bitching about eachother. "A celery stalk? Really? You think you look dignified with a vegetable on your lapel?" to which the other responds with "At least I won't be tripping over a scarf that looks as long as my nose!" They continue harping like this for a second before doing what any good incarnation of the Time Lord does: thinking of a way out. [Intelligence: 7+2 (Gallifreyan Mind) +2 (Another One)] The two come up with a less-than lethal strategem to survive: incapacitation. If someone is unable to compete, such as by being on an uninhabited planet, they fall out of competition. So, a good plan would be to go to their enemies one at a time, lure them into the TARDIS, point it at a planet, and survive long enough to make it there and chuck them onto the planet's surface. As to the purple code man...well, stopping him requires finding him, so he's a secondary objective. With that in mind, the Doctors travel back to both the future and the actual timeline.

Despite the gunshot in his gut, Brewer's mind is actually working in overdrive. He sees the combat medic and crew grabbing an unfreezing Mycroft, hauling him out of the building. Brewer suddenly fades into smoke, becoming a sentient cloud that rolls out towards Mycroft. [Reaction: 2] Mycroft, seeing this cloud heading towards him, uses his good hand to fling Myrtenaster at Cobra. But after flying straight through Brewer, the rapier bounces off the floor and lands on a table. By the time Cobra grabs it, both the Monarchy's car and Cloud Brewer are gone. Cobra screams in frustration and rage.

Seeing her vision just about to come to life, Frances immediately brings King Crimson out as the Monarchy kicks the door in, breaching it. "KING CRIMSON!" she calls out. And then, something seems to skip. The Monarchy has fired their guns despite barely seeing anyone. The glass behind everyone shatters, but no one gets hit. And behind them, hidden without trying, is Frances, who stands right behind an unaware King of Rwanda.

Mycroft is loaded into the back of the car, slid in as though on a stretcher as the Combat Medic works to save his life. [Medical: 4+2] He manages to stop the bleeding in his gut and severed arm, keeping Mycroft alive, but he is still recovering, as it were. He hears a scream of frustration and looks up, shouting at them to open the door and look for Brewer. [Stealth: 1] Cloud Brewer is so visible it actually hurts, off-setting the broken lens and basically restoring Mycroft's bonus without having to repair his camera. [5+2 v 9] Despite this, Brewer still dodges the flash of the camera, instead insta-freezing some poor man and his three children in a blue SUV behind them.

Lorillard acts first, popping out of cover to get the first shot off. [6 v 6] His aim is off slightly, hitting no one as the Monarchy steps off to fire back. [2 v 8] Lorillard's cover splinters as a hail of gunfire comes in, but the man himself is unharmed.

The Combat Medic, named Cyago, pulls out his side-arm of an MP-443 Grach pistol and fires out the cloud, which does nothing to actually harm the intangible Brewer.

BSN: PirateJoe: Waitlist?

So, uh, funny story. This turn was accidentally deleted during writing and I had to copy-paste from the Preview and edit to fix it. So, if there's a formatting error, that would be the reason why.

Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)

JustCallMePops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2018, 10:17:10 pm »

((You're good, can't see any formatting errors))

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2018, 10:17:50 pm »

Lucky bar steward....yes wait list...maybe I'll get a character I know next time...and maybe my kill won't be stolen
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2018, 11:23:21 pm »

"Aaaaagh... get me away from here!"

I don't think crazy cloud man can outpace a car. If he actually seems to be managing that, camera snipe him again. Bribe random people we pass by to distract the cloud man.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 63