Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 77352 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2018, 02:56:37 am »

Try and get some medical assistance for the burns. Need to stay in better shape if I'm to proceed.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hotfire90

« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2018, 09:07:14 am »

Go back to the college, meet up with the police and search for wiki-warriors to incapacitate.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2018, 10:01:54 am »

back away from the group as best I can without being noticed, try to hit them from the other end with King Crimson.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2018, 07:40:17 pm »

float up to the driver, turn back into a hooman, push him out, then stop it very abruptly, running back out in cloud form. If it fails, of if it doesn’t, just go to the place where Mycroft is, in cloud form.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2018, 02:43:20 am »

Chapter I: The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part X: Chase
Goddard College Campus, Seattle, Washington
Evening, Clearing Up, 8/23/2020

One would think being scared of a cloud is a bit of an overreaction. But the cloud chasing Mycroft is, in fact, a human being with a competition to win and a score to settle. Mycroft watches as Brewer gains on them, yelling out "Aaaaagh... get me away from here!" as he watches the cloud come towards him. [9] Brewer speeds up exponentially, practically on top of the car as Mycroft tries to defend himself. [3+1 v 9] A missed camera flash later, and he sees some bird just hanging there. He throws money out of the car and manages to get a [Ally Quality: 3] normal civilian helper, but it may not be enough.

Despite the adrenaline wearing off and the smell of iron filling his lungs, 47 doesn't actually feel any lethargy or pain. The burns have killed his nerve endings and so despite looking horrific, he doesn't actually feel the effects of his damage. Still, he heads into the ER, where a surviving tech ushers him into an empty room. [Treatment: 3+2 (Professionals)+1 (2020s Era Tech)] With some emergency ointments and bandages, the main issue of infection is minimized. It's up to 47 if he wants to wait for skin grafts or nerve reparation, but he won't die, at the least. His finger stumps are also patched over.

Back at the now seemingly-forgotten campus, a loud "VROOSH" noise repeats itself as the blue Police Box slowly comes into being at the school, just in time for the actual Seattle Police Department to arrive on the scene. Both Doctors and their companions exit the TARDIS, giving a friendly wave to a cop. [Response: 5] All in all, with two cops per car and six cars, the Doctors have twelve officers to aid them. "Show us where to, Mr..." one cop says, to which the Fifth Doctor responds "Well, see, I'm the Doctor." Silence, then the officer responds "Erm, Doctor who?" to which Five's only response is "Just the Doctor. That's all." [Scanning: 6+2+2 (Second Sonic Screwdriver] With the aid of two Sonics, the Doctors immediately identify Frances inside the school, along with their allies. With the instructions to only act against this unforseen Rwandan Monarchy, the Doctors race back inside the TARDIS and make a teensy jump.

Frances and her Stand, King Crimson, stand unseen by the Monarchy. The closest one to her is the King, the Big Guy, the ringleader. And with the soldiers preoccupied, she can indeed strike at all of them.. [6+2+2 (Stealth Bonus) v 4] Backing away so that they don't see her, Frances actually attacks in the opposite direction, keeping her in-stealth while doing damage. She starts with the Monarchy, as the (invisible to them) King Crimson suddenly tears into them. Punches are thrown that blow heads up and split body parts in half, and soldiers die all around them. There are only four survivors, three Soldiers and the King, remaining afterwards. But unbeknownst to Frances, the King suddenly smirks.[3+2+2 (Stealth) v 9] When King Crimson tries to punch at the patriarch, the King manages to block King Crimson's attack, parrying the blow with a sudden pink hand. Frances watches as the King suddenly turns to her, summoning his own Stand: a humanoid with cat-like features. The King smirks as he summons it with a specific name: Killer Queen. [Accuracy: 7] And to make matters stranger, a blue police box suddenly emerges in the hallway, and out of it pops two rather dapper blokes, one with a scarf and another with celery.

Brewer smiles in this wispy cloud form as he hovers over to the driver's side of the van, popping in through the passenger's side window. [4 v 3] Turning human, Brewer attempts to shove the dude out of the truck while sitting on the lap of the other soldier, who is looking very surprised to see some random hobo on top of him. The driver resists enough and Brewer re-clouds, heading into Mycroft's area [Stealth: 6] unseen, but close to both of them.

As the three remaining soldiers make a break for the roof, Robert Tiviaev suddenly yells and charges forward, running towards the King in an attempt to shoulder check him, despite a big "No!" from Lorillard. [10 v 7] The dude gets an advantage on the King, knocking him over and punching at him [5 v 2], smashing the King's nose in. In retaliation, the King brings out Killer Queen [9 v 7] and just...pokes him. With Killer Queen's fingers. [Saving Throw: 2] Frances watches as Killer Queen turns to her, and presses it's finger to it's thumb like a plunger. And suddenly, Tiviaev explodes, no trace of him remaining after the smoke wafts off.

BSN: 'Kay, let me explain why the King got a Stand.

See, the thing is, you can't block or dodge something you don't know exists. Frances could miss, but I doubted it. So, I gave him a Stand from the Wiki, randomly rolled. As it turns out, the article I got was for Killer Queen's Stand User: Yoshikage Kira. And, well, there ya go. It was up to the dice if Tiviaev lived or died, I don't script these things out, after all. Failbird, if you have a problem with this, tell me so.

Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2018, 03:32:01 am »

Search for other Wiki Warriors to assassinate.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hotfire90

« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2018, 06:44:17 am »

"Hello, come with us if you want to live."

Hunt down the remaining Rwandan soldiers with the aid of the police.
Should Frances do anything other than quietly follow me without resistance, disable her weapons and have the two Romana's and K9 shoot her.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2018, 07:54:00 am »

turn into a person, push Mycroft out of the car,shoot the soldiers, then bandage my wounds and then turn into a cloud.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2018, 08:34:13 am »

((Well this looks like quite the... Stand-off.))

"You... are quite persistent, aren't you?"

If someone happens to materialize in the car with Mycroft, it's getting flashed in the face.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2018, 10:28:35 am »

(I didn't expect the guy to be nearly this useful, so I can't say I have any complaints)
"Hello, come with us if you want to live."

Hunt down the remaining Rwandan soldiers with the aid of the police.
Should Frances do anything other than quietly follow me without resistance, disable her weapons and have the two Romana's and K9 shoot her.

Well fuck I don't want to be here for longer than I have to, sure, go with them, briskly, but not taking my eyes off of Killer Queen. If Killer Queen approaches, have King Crimson intercept with its intense speed and strength.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:06:45 am by Failbird105 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2018, 03:14:27 am »

Chapter I: The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part XI: Stand-Off
Goddard College Campus, Seattle, Washington
Evening, Clearing Up, 8/23/2020

With the bare minimum of survival now in hand, 47 pops out of the ER. The lobby is now visibly covered in blood and gore, and his director friend Frederic is still filming this carnage and mayhem, complete with criticizing himself for occasionally poor camera work. Shaking his head, the Agent of the ICA steps out of the hospital, and sets his gaze towards finding other Wiki-Warriors around the area. [Perception: 1] 47 finds literally no one. Not just Wiki-Warriors. There's an absence of civilians, cops, military, anyone. He is, however, surrounded by an abundance of cars, presumably either abandoned or no longer having a living owner to drive them.

As soon as the Doctors step out of the TARDIS, they are beset upon by a scene of horror. Not only do corpses line the hallways, but they see something. Two humanoids standing by the Wiki-Warrior and the King. Yes, Gallifreyans have enough latent psychic energy that they can perceive Stands, it would seem. [Lore Check: 2] The Doctors, however, don't actually know what a Stand is, so what they're seeing is actually rather beyond them. Still, they turn to Frances, the Fifth Doctor holding out his hand and saying "Hello, come with us if you want to live.", followed by the Fourth Doctor holding out a tin of gummy candy and asking "Would you care for a jelly baby?"

Meanwhile, back at the car chase, Brewer hovers over Mycroft's bed, unseen and unheard, as he begins to slowly creep into human form. [Stealth: 2] [Reactionary: 5+1 v 8] As soon as his flesh and blood feet hit the floor, though, Mycroft immediately points his camera at Brewer and cheekily asks "You... are quite persistent, aren't you?" before clicking the camera. Brewer, prepared for this, ducks under the flash and tries to kick Mycroft out of the car. [5 v 4] He manages a weak kick. The double doors in the back open up and Mycroft slides out, no worse for wear aside from being on a gurney. Or stretcher. Either or, really. With that, only him and five soldiers, four grunts and Cyago the Medic, remain just as he pulls out the Jackhammer. [6 v 2] Starting with Cyago, he fires it into his abdomen, pumping a hole into his stomach and sending him out of the car. [Injuries: 10] He lands neck first on the road which, keeping with the already fast momentum, kills Cyago instantly. [3 v 3] [3 v 1] [4 v 2] [1 v 9] He keeps firing, managing two good, non-lethal blows. On his last firing, though, the soldier ducks under and immediately counter-attacks, [5 v 6] firing his FN FAL rifle once, which narrowly misses Brewer's head

Frances looks to The King with his slasher smile, and Killer Queen with it's cat-like glare, and then nods to the Doctors. With that, the Fifth Doctor gestures to follow them as cops begin rushing up. The Fourth and Fifth Doctors, Frances, Lorillard, and both Romanas begin to travel up the stairs after the Monarchy (K9 is watching over the fort), [Reactionary: 8 v 10] only for Frances to see Killer Queen reaching for the Fourth Doctor's scarf almost immediately! [7+2 v 10] She punches at Killer Queen with King Crimson, only for the King to block the blow. This holds him back long enough for the Wiki-Warriors and their allies to jump up, however. The King enters in hot pursuit.

Speaking of which, the King begins gaining on them, first attacking a cop to get himself a bit of breathing room. [8 v 9] But eventually, the group outruns the King, who chooses to slump over at a wall, catching the blood from his nose on his hands.

[3+1 (Known Ambush) v 4] As soon as the group gets up to the rooftop, they are immediately set upon by gunfire, which they take cover behind. The three remaining Rwandan soldiers have taken up a position, with one holding a flare grenade in his hands. [8 v 2] Before he can do anything, he is shot right in the sternum by one of the cops and sent sprawling to the ground, dropping the flare grenade.

[7 v 4] [2 v 9] The guard that already shot at Brewer fires again, this time managing to catch another in his gut. As he doubles over from it, though, the other unharmed guard misses a burst fire, giving him ample time to protect himself. [Medical: 3] He grabs some bandages, but is unable to actually do anything with them before he is sent sprawling to cover [Cover: 3] of which there isn't much is a car, so he simply re-clouds.

[Two Turns] until the US and Canadian Militaries arrive.

BSN: I'm on a roll today! Also, not apologizing for the pun, that was perfect.

Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2018, 03:49:02 am »

Get to some high ground, see if I can spot some Wiki Warriors from a vantage point.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 05, 2018, 08:04:30 am »

”Clean cloth! I’m saved!”
Bandage Wounds. Stay with Mycroft.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2018, 10:50:31 am »

(Well, that's not the best outcome for the turn, but certainly not the worst. Question, is the King worth an article now?)

Me and Lorillard will take up firing positions to take shots at the Rwandans, trying to avoid lethal shots. King Crimson will be doing its best to deal with incoming shots.

"If the King comes up here, and I'm guessing he will, it may be best if I deal with him alone. I don't do as well if there are others in the fight. Alternatively, if any of you can actually see his Stand, maybe it'll be better to have more guns trained on him at once."

Hotfire90

« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2018, 11:01:27 am »

"Please allow us to disable their weapons first before you engage in a gunfight."

Disable the weapons of the Rwandan soldiers, the two Romana's shall keep the back clear, should the King or his Stand show up.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 63