Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 77309 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #240 on: November 05, 2018, 07:00:37 pm »

"Heh. While I appreciate your enthusiasm in keeping me safe, I think that I will be safer here with my mercenaries. While you are an amazing person, you are a little... reckless. I would rather not get in another car crash. Please, my love?"

Convince Brewer that it's for the best that he go along without me. If he does insist on taking me... well, convince him to bring along my mercenaries and be careful when loading me in. It's for my safety, he'll understand.

Make sure that one of my mercenaries brings along my camera. Brewer shouldn't have any problems with me bringing along my equipment. I'm basically helpless without it, after all!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2018, 10:10:31 pm »

Chapter I: The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part XVI: Roll Up and Roll In
Goddard College Campus, Seattle, Washington
Late Evening, Clear Skies, 8/23/2020

Once inside the Gallifreyan time machine, the two Doctors immediately sit Romana II down at a chair and take a look at the slash in her stomach. It is not dangerous or life threatening, a simple shallow cut, but at the very least, the blood loss must be stemmed at once. [Medical: 7+2 (Assistance)] Luckily, with two versions of the extremely clever Time Lord, the Doctors manage to seal the wound shut. Satisfied, and giving a British salute to the cops as they enter in, the two then use the scanners in the TARDIS. [6+3 (Time Lord Tech)] The scanners in the TARDIS collect the life signatures of two Wiki-Warriors in quite literally close proximity in main city Seattle. They wait for Frances and Lorillard.

Coming down the stairs, Frances and Lorillard come to a grisly sight. The window is smashed as only four soldiers live. The rest are in pieces, splattered against the walls as limbs are strewn about the place. The four living soldiers are clearly panicking and in duress, staring in horror at the Rwandans' black chopper, Blackhawk, as it flies away. Quite literally stepping over body parts as they enter the TARDIS, they are immediately shaken by take-off as the doors close behind them. [Space Accuracy: 5] With the trademark vworp, vworp, vwoorp of the TARDIS engine, the Doctors fly out to greet the Wiki-Warriors...but they appear to be a bit late as they spot the van full of Rwandan mercs driving off after the two Warriors on a stretcher.

Brewer goes...erm, love crazy, as it were. Driven with the desire to protect his new flame, he immediately leaps off the stretcher with Mycroft in tow, and begins running around in search of a car. Mycroft tries to dissuade him by saying "Heh. While I appreciate your enthusiasm in keeping me safe, I think that I will be safer here with my mercenaries. While you are an amazing person, you are a little... reckless. I would rather not get in another car crash. Please, my love?" but Brewer's unswayed. [Scavenge: 5] He finds a car, but it's a blue smart car. So, rather than chucking Mycroft into the back seat, he carefully loads Mycroft in, allowing the crippled and possibly dying Cobra to come in. He gives Mycroft the camera and begins walking away [Medical: 10], immediately climbing into the van for pristine medical treatment. Brewer goes into the front seat [Scavenge: 7] and manages to find a Colt Single Action Army in the glovebox, the cheeky scamp.

The military begins rolling in to Seattle proper, driving past a barren and ruined hospital and library as they cover ground.

BSN: I'm not letting any more games die. I say this because I typed this because the last turn was nine days ago and I started a second game in the process, so I will make it my goal to juggle them.

Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2018, 10:50:41 am »

”An American gun? Weird.”
Get inside the inconspicuous blue car and drive around. Try not to look suspicious. Avoid the militaries.

Hotfire90

« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2018, 11:20:26 am »

Chase after them with the TARDIS, while chasing them keep the TARDIS steady and shoot out the tires of the Rwandan van. Should the tires not be shot out, have one of the Doctors disable the engine of the van with their sonic screwdriver. Same procedure for the blue car.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2018, 02:19:38 pm »

I suppose aid in the shooting or the tires

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2018, 03:34:05 pm »

"Hm... hey, Cobra? You alright? I don't want you to die on me."

Give Cobra a medical examination as best as I can with my eyes.

"Now then... I believe getting more help may be of use."

Sherlock Scan: see about borrowing a merc's smartphone to go on Ebay and buy a genuine Stand-Granting Arrow. Select express drone delivery.

Sherlock Scan: similar thing. Except the Dark Net and hiring a very professional sniper hitman. Sic him on the other Wiki-Warriors(except Brewer for now).

And if possible, phone whoever's in charge of the incoming military. Bribe him and bribe his high officers to ignore me and my friends and hunt down the other Wiki-Warriors. Auto-success due to Charismatic and Wealthy.

Oh, and put a quarter-billion Australian currency bounty on each other Wiki-Warrior(other than Brewer, for now)'s head.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 22, 2018, 10:22:55 am »

((Oops! Let the game sit a little too long. Sorry. I'll do the next turn tomorrow.))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2018, 08:00:09 am »

The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part XVII: High Price to Pay
Seattle, Washington
Late Evening, Clear Skies, 8/23/2020

Inspecting the 147-year old design of the likely more recently made revolver in his hand, gawking at the expert and delicate craftsmanship of the firearm, Brewer notes "An American gun? Weird." before slipping the gun he found in America in his jacket. He climbs into the front seat, allowing Mycroft to do some things real quick. He calls out for a mercenary, shouting "Hm... hey, Cobra? You alright? I don't want you to die on me." Popping out of the van, thanks to the medical aid of his fellow Rwandans, Cobra appears to be alive, at the least. Bandages are covering his whole body, [Perception: 10] but he's walking as normal. Mycroft nods and and says "Now then... I believe getting more help may be of use." before holding out his hand. Cobra nods and also brings out his own smartphone, before passing it to Mycroft as the van drives off without him. He pulls up Ebay and begins looking for a specific item. [7+2 (Detective Work)] An Arrow, with a specific beetle design that appears ornate and quite exquisite. There is only one available, the item description reading "Found this beauty in a bombed out house in Morioh, in Japan. I don't know how much it's worth, appraisers don't know where it could've come from, so I'm setting a bid." Indeed, there is a bidding going on which, with Mycroft's bottomless pockets, he wins effortlessly, boosting the price to around A$2,500. He selects express delivery by drone, and simply waits a tick. He then does the same thing, this time firing up the TOR engine and using a wiki link to access a Deep Web. [8+2] He finds a private, impossible to find webpage through his detective skills. A hitman, specializing in sniper rifles, by the name of "Peacekeeper" [3+2] though his detective work uncovers that his first name is Joel. He hires the hitman on a "Doctor John Smith, a singer named Frances Taylor, and anyone they may be with at the time," and gives the locations and descriptions in a private message, untraceable by the government. He attempts to phone the higher superiors of the military, but natural, cellphones off during combat procedures. Finally, he calls a local police outfit and files down a bounty with a large price tag. With that done, Brewer just begins driving around as Mycroft throws the phone back.

Undeterred by the slight delay, the Doctors immediately put a plan into action. Chasing down both the van and the life signatures on a terminal, they pop the doors open and get Romana and Romana to begin firing on the van's wheels. [5 v 5] Romana II, armed with the Ithaca, blasts at the back wheel, most likely to cause at least a spin out. But the van swerves just in time. Meanwhile, the pistol wielding Romana III fires as well [8 v 9] but simply misses. Frances and Lorrilard also aid them. [3 v 6][10 v 1] Frances whiffs a shot with the Enfield, but Lorillard hits dead on. With the speed the van has been going, even losing the one wheel causes a massive spin-out. [Damage: 9+2 (Accurate Destruction)] The van spins out of control before landing into a building right in the front. The van makes several flips before finally coming down upside down. There is a fire in the hood, but not even a moan of pain. Continuing on to the smart car, the four fire another four shots. [7 v 2][4 v 2][3 v 9][9 v 2] Three of the wheels are popped immediately, to only a stop as the van, well, stops.

Suddenly, out of the parking area comes Cobra, who is pointing his Makarov PM right into the open doors of the TARDIS. [3 v 6] Unfortunately, his aim is still shaky due to the effects of painkillers and it flies to the side. The Doctors close the doors before he can fire again, and all seems well, save for some sort of ominous note. [8+2 (Surprise) v 1] And that's when the Fifth Doctor is shot in the back from behind. Everyone whips their heads around to see one of the officers being brought down to the ground and detained, the corrupt officer screaming "YOU HEARD THE MAN ON THE PHONE! ALL THAT MONEY! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE, EVERY BOY FROM THE PRECINCT IS DROPPING HIS HELP FOR THAT CASH!" as he is handcuffed. Frances, Lorillard, the Romanas, and even the Doctor's past incarnation look back to see the Fifth Doctor glowing gold. He is Regenerating.

As a sniper clambors over the rooftops of Seattle, a drone comes by the stopped smart car, dangling the Stand Arrow in wires. "Here you go, sir." it responds as Mycroft grabs it with his remaining arm. He then passes a wad of money to the drone, which flies off. Behind him, the military is getting close, walking by the van with dead bodies inside as they come closer to the immobile smart car.

BSN: I love it when I name a Part something for one reason and it ends up paying off for the whole turn. :D

Anyway, yes, a little later then I wanted. I'm sorry! Been a busy few days. Also, yes, Regeneration is back. My fellow Doctor Who fans: how you feelin' about Jodie Whittaker thus far?

Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2018, 09:30:12 am »

"Lorillard, shoot him!"
Have Lorillard shoot at Cobra. I'll try to pop off a shot into the car to hit the occupants.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:31:48 am by Failbird105 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2018, 09:38:44 am »

(Welp, I'd like to keep my pacifism intact, but I'm not taking any risks while the Doctor is regenerating.)

"Why did you shoot me? Don't you understand why you're here? Mycroft is behind the attack on the campus, and back then without my help surely some of you would've been injured or killed during our encounter with the mercenaries, don't you understand that whatever money he is promising you, is bound to be a mere fraction of his real wealth, he's so close and we're so close to capturing him, once we do, don't you understand that you can confiscate all of his money?

There's something far more sinister at work here, and I'm the only one who can stop it."

First things first, confiscate the radios and cellphones and any other communication devices the cops possess, can't risk that more of them fall under Mycroft's influence.

Regenerating Doctor: Stay at the back of the TARDIS, away from the doors and regenerate.

Fourth Doctor: Communicate with the military outside, warning them about the extreme danger of Mycroft and how they can't allow him to even talk.

Everyone else: Prepare to storm out and capturing Mycroft and Brewer by forming up. Have Lorillard, Frances and her Stand stand by the door, should they do anything else other than standing at the door or attacking our enemies, kill them.
Position the cops behind my hostages, followed by the Bella twins behind the cops, followed by the Romanas and K9 behind them.

Fakeedit:
"Lorillard, shoot him!"
Have Lorillard shoot at Cobra. I'll try to pop off a shot into the car to hit the occupants.

Nice to see that you're still on my side.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2018, 11:58:26 am »

"Time... I must buy some time... ah."

Any hostiles get time frozen. Repeatedly if necessary.

"Now then... it has come to this, eh? BREWER! COBRA! IF I SHOUlD FALL, DO NOT LET THE BEETLE ARROW FALL INTO ENEMY HANDS! ... well, here goes nothing."

Mycroft lets his determination to win this twisted game build to a crescendo as he cuts himself with the Stand Arrow. If Brewer asks, he gets cut as well. If Cobra somehow reaches Mycroft's location in time, he can receive a cut as well.
~~~
((I love the internet.))

"Why did you shoot me? Don't you understand why you're here? Mycroft is behind the attack on the campus, and back then without my help surely some of you would've been injured or killed during our encounter with the mercenaries, don't you understand that whatever money he is promising you, is bound to be a mere fraction of his real wealth, he's so close and we're so close to capturing him, once we do, don't you understand that you can confiscate all of his money?"

((The flaw in your reasoning being that if you confiscated all of Mycroft's money, it would go to the government. Or be divided among everyone which would leave much less of a nest egg.))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:07:38 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Hotfire90

« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2018, 12:28:28 pm »

"Why did you shoot me? Don't you understand why you're here? Mycroft is behind the attack on the campus, and back then without my help surely some of you would've been injured or killed during our encounter with the mercenaries, don't you understand that whatever money he is promising you, is bound to be a mere fraction of his real wealth, he's so close and we're so close to capturing him, once we do, don't you understand that you can confiscate all of his money?"

((The flaw in your reasoning being that if you confiscated all of Mycroft's money, it would go to the government. Or be divided among everyone which would leave much less of a nest egg.))
Technicalities, not that it'll matter as Mycroft is going to earn a one-way trip through time once I get my hands on him.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2018, 01:09:41 pm »

Nice to see that you're still on my side.
I mean, it's not like I really have another option if I want to try and make it through this. I'm outnumbered a fuckload to 2/3 and all the Timelords in the room can see King Crimson.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 01:11:21 pm by Failbird105 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2018, 02:55:53 pm »

((I'm honestly amazed at how well I've done so far. I guess money really is a superpower.))
Generic Arms Race.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 25, 2018, 11:43:33 am »

”Oh! That guy’s glowing!”
The wheels! They ded! Get cut by the beetle arrow, I guess. Star shooting  not-Mycrofts and protect Mycroft a little.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 63