Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 77274 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 03:01:48 pm »

"Well, this is going to be fun for a few of us." Helvar said before running at the most dangerous opponent they saw, which to them was The Doom Slayer.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 03:39:36 pm »

Sneak attack the Doomslayer in the back with my Silverballers.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 03:47:13 pm »

Com'n Why are you all affried from me, Just because I called the "Doomslayer"? :P
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 04:09:15 pm »

Less afraid, more seems like at a glance the most powerful without looking too deeply into anyone else and a berserker getting the credit for killing the doom slayer sounds like something that would fit... 
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2018, 09:57:40 am »

Use my singing to convince some of the NPC's to protect me from the others, then go and find some of the security people.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2018, 04:13:57 am »

Chapter I: The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part I: The Legacy of the Night Sentinels
Goddard College Campus, Seattle, Washington
Late Morning, Clear Skies, 8/23/2020

The battle began explosively enough as the first warrior, a scruffy looking vagrant, to pick his sights on someone raised the barrel of a shotgun up. The vagrant, named Rudy Brewer, looked down at his person to find another weapon slung over his shoulder. With a jazzed reaction of "Two shotguns! WTF", he turned his attention to the man standing not too far away, a figure with oodles of money and a face indicating dismissal, at least for now. [4 v 8] The M4 Super 90 was fired first, but the murmurings and the sound of the gun firing gave Mycroft Holmes, brother to the famous Sherlock Holmes, just enough time to hit the deck as pellets flew overhead. With a dismayed expression, Brewer hoisted out his other gun, the Pancor Jackhammer. [9 v 9] But to his further chagrin, firing it just knocked the lanky man on his ass, missing by inches as Mycroft rose with a ghastly, scared pallor.

Other than a slight growl and an unseen grimace, the large and imposing Doom Slayer, the conqueror of Hell itself, didn't flinch at all. He turned to his companion, the hacking prodigy Jill Lovelace, and gestured his head to the building on campus. She knew him from a past life, when she was only 14 and he was far more willing to relax, so she knew what he wanted: to hack the computers within to absolve him of any legal damages. She ran in, bursting forth to the computer lab. [1+2] But even with the pants-wetting reputation of the Doom Slayer, nothing she could think of would absolve him of consequences. No one here was a Demon, after all. Still outside, he didn't care. The Doom Slayer hoisted up a large weapon, titanium lined with green plasma shining within, and scoped around for a target. And one, with a huge nose and a ridiculous scarf, was perfect for him. [8+2 (BFG's Power) v 3] [Reactionary (BFG): 8+2 v 3] [Reactionary (BFG): 8+2 v 1] By the time the Time Lord known as the Doctor had turned, hoisting up the Sonic Screwdriver, ready to disable it, The Doom Slayer wasted little time. He pulled the trigger, sending a large ball of energy directly at The Doctor. When it exploded, both him and his Companion, Romana, were sent flying, both of them mutilated, as the Doctor's robot, K9, was completely eradicated. The Doom Slayer turns around, thinking his job done...until he hears a British accented voice from behind.

"The Doctor is in the house!" was said, and he whipped around to see The Doctor and Romana, running back, their injuries healing and being replaced by a glowing yellow light across their bodies. They didn't die. They began Regeneration. [Knowledge Check: 3] Neither the UAC nor the Night Sentinels were ever told of the existence of Gallifrey, so this comes as a shock to the space marine. The Doctor raises the Sonic back up [7], and a buzzing sound hits the Doom Slayer's ears. Immediately, the BFG powers down, and shall stay that way for another hour. (Read As: Disabled for Three Turns.) With that done, the Doctor and Romana take cover, as they begin Regenerating.

Jimmy Simpson felt a bit inadequate as he saw that. Dude exploded from a BFG and then came back, snarked, turned the gun off, then went and hid. He needed to step up his game. He raised his hands up at the vagrant, Rudy Brewer, from earlier. "Choo! Choo! Mofos! Make way for Jimmy!" he shouted, Brewer turning to look at him as Jimmy's hands began glowing and the sound of a train whistle came in from nearby. [3 v 8] Brewer still had the sense of mind to turn around just as a modern, full-on public transport train barreled towards him. Brewer ran just in time as the train passed right by him.

Even as chaos exploded around her, the poet and playwright Frances Beatrice Taylor didn't falter. Immediately deferring to her tactician from south of her border, Lorillard S. Spencer, she gestured to things such as the train and the disabled BFG, and said "Well commander, you're the tactician here. I suppose I'll defer to your judgement for now.". Lorillard nodded, looking around the place. "Well," he responded, pointing at the Doom Slayer, "I recommend him, though everyone else will be crowding around to take their biggest obstacle out. The Alien, the one glowing a ghastly gold, might be a good bet. Him or Jimmy-Man the Train Summoner would make for good alternate targets. But we could always go for the Slayer. Your choice and on your go, ma'am."

Frances's other companion, the Israeli Robert Tiviaev, nodded and began scouting around for the best course of action, [Stealth: 10] but all three were oblivious to the Wraith ghosting them. Holding a Tomahawk in each hand, he snuck behind both of the bigger threats of that party, and raised his hands up. [8+2 (Perfect Stealth Bonus) v 9] [3+2 (Perfect Stealth Bonus) v 2] Immediately, Frances could feel the hearing on her left side fully fade away, turning around to see her ear get lopped off as a Tomahawk slashed into the back of Lorillard's head, blood spilling onto the grass as it did so. When they both turned to see the opponent, they saw a figure, a wraith, in all black with the offending weapons in each hand. Noob Saibot, the former Sub-Zero, entered into a martial arts stance and said, in a deep and chilling voice, "Fear me!"

As Brewer re-aimed his shotguns at Mycroft, the Great Detective's brother suddenly held up whole stacks on money in each hand. "No! Wait! I can pay you a lot of money!" he pleaded, shaking fistfuls of Australian currency at Brewer. [8 v 4] Brewer is drawn into the allure, providing peace by taking only A$100 from Mycroft and walking off. (Bribe Succeeded! Rudy Brewer cannot attack Mycroft Holmes for Three Turns!) He then turns to the student body, realistically cowering from the gunfire, some even crying, as he then threw A$10,000 at the campus. It works instantly, as twenty braver students run in, crowding around Mycroft as he calls in an Uber driver, [9] who arrives instantly.

The Vikings of the North are known for their war of an absolutely epic scale. Tales abound of them facing Knights and Samurai on a daily basis with no signs of surrender. So, naturally, with that sort of conditioning, fighting the biggest and baddest guy in the area was not out of the question. Helvar raised his hand-axes at an increasingly perturbed Doom Slayer, and taunted "Well, this is going to be fun for a few of us." before charging at the Slayer. [1+2 (Melee Bonus) v 10] Only to find himself running right into a counter-attack the Doom Slayer cracks his knuckles. [9 v 6] Luckily, as it was short notice, the Doom Slayer doesn't make use of his extreme strength. Which still doesn't stop the resulting duck and kick in the gut from hurting like hell as Helvar falls down, clutching his stomach.

[1+2] The slightest sound from behind makes the Doom Slayer whip his head back, spotting a man in a scarecrow outfit as he aims a pair of suppressed AMT Hardballers right at him. Agent 47, however, is one of the best, if not the best, Hitman across the globe. He doesn't flinch before firing both pistols anyway. [8 v 2+1] [7 v 3] The starting amount of armoring for the Doom Slayer turns out to be a bit weak to 47's form of ammo supply. The Doom Slayer's attempt to block the first bullet only sends it through his right hand and into his stomach, becoming lodged in his body. The Doom Slayer doesn't have time to react to the pain of the first round before the second passes straight through his right thigh. [4+2 (Strength Bonus)] The Doom Slayer kneels down on his injured leg, but his rage is brutal. Without mercy. He hears that little voice in his head, perhaps even his own, as it tells him what to do. "Rip and tear...until it is done."

And while all that is going on, the songstress Genevieve turns to the remaining, scared students, and uses her voice. [2+2] Her voice soothes them into at least a less panicky sense of fear, but not too many of them are willing to step out of the corners to help her. Three Security Guards, armed with pistols, do help her out of obligation, however, crowding around her as they keep watch over the battle.

(NPC Action) The Holmes Twenty, the college students aiding Mycroft, turn to Rudy Brewer, who was the one to spook him. [2 v 5] But before they can get close enough to deliver Frontier Justice, Brewer points his shotgun at them, pumping it to replace the shell he already used and keeping them at bay as he does so.

BSN: Glad to be back, ladies and gents.

To Rockeater: If you were annoyed at the Doctor's survival and felt the ruling was off, I understand and apologize. That was part of Regeneration's mechanic and I elected to use it. I am unbiased and must go with what I wrote.

Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 0cra_Tr0per (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:16:22 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2018, 04:31:19 am »

[ooc]Where can I find definitive rules for this game?[ooc]
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2018, 04:42:55 am »

[ooc]Where can I find definitive rules for this game?[ooc]

The definitive rules? Uh, there's no real document or the like. All you have to do is bold your action, basically. Each game is different, so if you have any specific questions, I could help more.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2018, 04:52:34 am »

Continue blasting away at the Doomslayer.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2018, 05:03:10 am »

Aggh! We've got a bigger problem! Hit him!
Fire at Noob point blank, Lorillard should try to do the same.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2018, 05:08:00 am »

Attack Helvar with The Crucible and run away from the starting place, Jill try to create a category of shapeshifting demons and put the others there

Edit: no problem with the how things turned out
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:44:45 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2018, 05:26:09 am »

Ah, also, because this game deals with subwikis differently from the other ones(or one? Don't remember I'm not counting the previous VM) I was in with you I've decided to come up with a different wish from the old one I sent you Greatness, I already pretty much know what I want, so I'll be sending it to you once I've actually gotten it written out for you to decide if it would be okay to do or not.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:30:16 am by Failbird105 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2018, 05:28:33 am »

Sing some more to convince the security guards to start shooting at the other wiki-warriors, then turn in to a barracuda and swim to the nearest parking lot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2018, 05:37:56 am »

Ah, also, because this game deals with subwikis differently from the other ones(or one? Don't remember I'm not counting the previous VM) I was in with you I've decided to come up with a different wish from the old one I sent you Greatness, I already pretty much know what I want, so I'll be sending it to you once I've actually gotten it written out for you to decide if it would be okay to do or not.

Got it!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2018, 07:48:03 am »

Hop into my sports car and do a drive-by decapitation targeting Mycroft's Uber driver!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 63