Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 76779 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #570 on: July 29, 2019, 10:50:59 pm »

((Bumping for PirateJoe))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 31, 2019, 05:41:38 am »

I would glance and see that we, or rather Cirno, had done it. We had been able to successfully disarm and disable a wiki warrior without killing them, at least, I presumed they were still alive, considering the noises coming out of the block of ice. Though, it was sad his companion was struck down, though, considering his actions, it made sense why. Hopefully, he was still alive and the soldiers would take him away too. However, for now, he had to focus on something else. Healing Cirno. She was still in a bad state, so, for now I'd work on trying to make her as well on the way to the road of recovery as I could, maybe with help from some medic from the group of soldiers. Either way, this likely would be a small respite, for both of us.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 05, 2019, 04:38:10 am »

The Rich Man's Fortune
Deathmatch
Part XVIII: The Betrayal
Almelo, Twente, Eastern Netherlands in the Holmsian Empire
Early Morning, Drizzle, 11/14/2020

Encased in a frosted tomb of ice, the formerly energetic Super-Sloth is dragged away by soldiers, ice scraping against the asphalt of a burning parking lot. Rather than trying to escape, knowing it useless with his lack of mobility and his being surrounded by soldiers and at least one Wiki-Warrior, he instead decides to use what little control over his mouth there is to shout incoherent Communist threats. [Speech: 9-2 (Encased in Ice)-2 (Deliberately Gibberish)] What comes out is a garble of "EQUALITY" and "SOVIET" before it dissolves into a strange gibberish that is impossible to distinguish. As he is dragged towards the stopped convoy, he looks towards Ercandize, who bleeds out and dies back at the parking lot.

Surrounded by fire and flames, the pop band G.o.d still can't see much, but if they stay lower to the ground, it'll prevent a sneak attack and get their oxygen ever so slightly clearer. [Spot: 3] From what they can see just in front of them, there is one bit of usable cover: a cop car stopped just outside of the fire. They rush towards it and get behind it [+2 Defense (Cover)] before taking advantage of being out of the fire to take a better look. [Spot: 1] Unfortunately, Kim trips over his own feet and falls over, firing his gun into the air, alerting Gary, Markus, and Il Cervo! In addition, [Misfire: 5] the bullet just strikes the cop car, but at such an angle that Markus can tell they're somewhere by it. With that idiocy done, G.o.d looks for a trail to try and regain the upper-hand [Spot: 5], and Son Ho-young finds a trail of Thirium, spilled as blood by the android...and it's leading to the convenience store...where said android is looking for them at the cop car. [Spot: 5+2 (Alerted)] And then Markus flat out sees them.

"The K-Pop group is back," Markus explains calmly, looking back to Gary and Il Cervo. "We need to act fast, they'll be on us in just a few seconds." Gary nods, and restarts his bid to create a gun for Il Cervo. [Carving: 4+2-2 (Time Crunch)] Under his severe time crunch, he makes a simple one shot Derringer. Only one bullet, and super-small. But compact. Under his time crunch, Gary only has time for one last Carving attempt on an ally, [Carving: 8+2-2] and it works out. Popping out from the wall stands an average looking human female, save for her head which is that of a Lioness. Thus, in keeping with the Italian Il Cervo, the militia woman is named Leonessa. The quality of the carving gave her the exact weapon needed for the job: a Plasma Rifle with a simple scope on it.

The pirate crew, lead by Captain Edgar Masters and First Mate Henry Larson and surrounded by fifty of their best men, make it to shore. Stepping out on the sands for the first time since the battle began, the good Captain tells his crew "First order of business, finding something a bit more useful than muskets and flintlocks. Then chaos!", before muttering to himself "A halfway decent port authority should have an armory near shore, for security if nothing else... hopefully they like to outfit soldiers there..." [Spot: 7+3 (52 Pairs of Eyes on Deck)] They find what looks to be a dockside military operation, noticeably barren due to the fighting. Other than a few stragglers, what's inside should be easy to grab, if counterbalanced by there not being too much. [Knowledge: 7] But, wait, Almelo is actually not near the ocean. And based on casual observation of the Elridge's GPS...this isn't Almelo on it's own at all. "Almelo" is a name given to the capital, but the capital's switched. They're not in Twente, which is in Overijssel. They are actually in...the city of Almere, in the province of Flevoland. [Location Changed Accordingly: "Almelo", Formerly Almere, Flevoland in the Holmsian Empire] Huh. Well, that aside, they move in to seize. The twenty-five shotgunners go in and breach as everyone else takes cover. [7 v 9] They are, however, met with resistance. Light though it may have seemed, an assault rifler still fires, keeping them at bay.

Thanks to her survival and (relatively) minor injuries compared to the [Health: 3] dead or critically wounded hospital staff, Sarah Caine tries to quietly crawl her way out of the rubble. [Stealth: 9] As she had already crawled out from under it, she quietly crawls to a trashcan, looking for some food. [Spot: 10] She finds...an unopened, perfectly good bag of food from a Dutch fast food restaurant: consisting of french fries, and a frikandel, a type of mince-meat sausage. She eats the frikandel, and her leg snaps back into place, allowing her to walk again.

As Bobby Johnson watches the still shouting Super-Sloth get loaded as basically an ice sculpture into the back of a jeep, a thought occurs to him. There was another Wiki-Warrior, he knows this. That kind of fighting wouldn't have happened without it, and he figures it's the priest. Leaning in close to the general's ear, he whispers "You know, this Emanuel guy is trying to get the Great Emperor to soften his control over the people, and maybe even abdicate and surrender to the nations fighting against us. If he does, what would happen to you? You will die in prison. As an enemy. As a traitor. And this great nation will fall to be a mere footnote of history, the Empire started by a madman. Won't it be great for this glorious Empire if this one man who would lead it to destruction would have just an unfortunate accident while we take back the city, returning the stability of this great empire? Just...one troop that didn't recognize him fast enough?" [Convince: 7+2 (Politics)] General van Engelen looks rather convinced by the words. He moves and takes the radio, saying "Emanuel is uitschot. Dood hem. Dood hem nu!"

Looking down disappointingly at the dead body of Ercandize, a soft frown over his features, Emanuel sighs. He was hopeful to have kept him alive. But, a Wiki-Warrior was indeed disabled. For now. The ice was weak enough that he could break out if he wanted to, given his companion's condition. Speaking of which, he picks Cirno up, cradling her in his arms as he walks over to the convoy, shouting out "I am an ally! I mean you no harm!" Which seems to work, as a medic comes over, and takes Cirno from his hands. But suddenly, through an intercom in one of the jeeps, Emanuel hears "Emanuel is uitschot. Dood hem. Dood hem nu!" Emanuel, not speaking a word of Dutch, asks "My child, is that a good thing?" [2+2 (Surprise Attack) v 9] The medic, looking back over and speaking in British-accented English, nods and says "Yes...for one of us." He suddenly pulls out his service pistol and fires, but a quick hand from Emanuel pushes the arm out of the way just in time as the bullet hits glass. Cirno yelps from inside a makeshift medical as Emanuel pushes the medic back [1 v 9] so weakly that the medic shoves him off and fires again. [10 v 2] The bullet strikes right through Emanuel's chest, a flow of blood leaking onto his robes as he collapses to his knees, breathing heavily.

The General, Joep van Engelen, walks out of the jeep and up to the injured Emanuel with a sneer. Emanuel coughs and asks "W-...Why? Why, my child?" General van Engelen pulls out his service pistol, a nickel-plated Walther P99, and points it at Emanuel. "Glory to Holmes." [9+2 (Point Blank) v 1-2 (Injured - Pain and Position)] Emanuel looks to the screaming Cirno, held down on the ground by the traitorous medic and the Serbian close to one of his other competitors. Emanuel sheds a tear, and with a single bullet to the skull, feels nothing but hope that she will live.
Emanuel was executed via treason! Bobby Johnson gets:
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Dolphin: +Ability: Block Dolphin Shifting

As he feels a new power building up inside, Bobby looks over to see the medic...actually healing Cirno, despite her cries and attempts to flee. General van Engelen returns to the car, and just says "No master, no worry."

The three people still inside the dockside base fire back on the squad of twenty-five. [9 v 5+2 (Numbers Advantage)] Despite the heavy numbers advantage, one man on the side of the Pirates actually gets shot in the throat, and slowly dies of blood-loss.

[8 v 10] While the War is evenly contested, the Holmsian Empire is slowly racking up more of a body count.

BSN: Wow. Caring has caused a lot of interesting side-effects!

Retconning the location so it's actually by the sea, a player actually dies, tighter and, well, more writing. Decent calls. It's quite refreshing after the lull I was in while starting the game up again. :)

PirateJoe: Waitlist?

The_Two_Eternities: You can escape the ice block, as I have ruled that the ice was weaker. However, it will require a Strength check, with a -2 due to lack of mobility. But you can do it.

Spoiler: Hector13 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The_Two_Eternities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Detoxicated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 05, 2019, 05:23:08 am »

Send my ghost ancestors forward against the android, lioness, Gary, and Il Cervo, while G.O.D. fires into the enemy ranks.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 05, 2019, 08:30:40 am »

Edgar frowns at the loss of one of his crew.

I rather liked Charles.

As we’re in a building in which we expect to find military supplies, look for ballistic shields for my men to use. Failing that, use Revisionist on the door, try to turn it into one. Order the strongest men to carry them, keeping low enough to avoid injury to themselves.

Failing both, order a flanking maneuver around the building by the sneakiest of my crew, while maintaining our current assault.

((How much would Edgar know about the other wiki-warriors, beyond his desire to kill them?))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 05, 2019, 09:44:50 am »

Shout more threats to cover up the noise made by my concurrent attempt to break free.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 05, 2019, 05:16:43 pm »

Whitelist, hopefully cirno gets revenge.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 05, 2019, 06:45:19 pm »

Whitelist, hopefully cirno gets revenge.

*thumbs up*

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 06, 2019, 05:50:11 am »

Niko sneak into the jeep and kill Super-Sloth
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 06, 2019, 12:57:00 pm »

Have Leonessa cover us while we leave out the back door, then keep running for a bit before detonating the bomb we need to get at least one block away before we detonate it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 10, 2019, 10:07:35 am »

Sneak Up on the next enemy and SNAP His neck

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 10, 2019, 09:08:27 pm »

((Alright, new turn coming soon.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 17, 2019, 11:45:33 pm »

((Alright, new turn coming soon.))

Okay, so, uh, addendum: working on my own pace, so don't expect a hiatus or cancellation, but I ask to be patient with the turn.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 18, 2019, 12:34:27 am »

Take yer time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 22, 2019, 03:09:20 am »

Edgar frowns at the loss of one of his crew.

I rather liked Charles.

As we’re in a building in which we expect to find military supplies, look for ballistic shields for my men to use. Failing that, use Revisionist on the door, try to turn it into one. Order the strongest men to carry them, keeping low enough to avoid injury to themselves.

Failing both, order a flanking maneuver around the building by the sneakiest of my crew, while maintaining our current assault.

((How much would Edgar know about the other wiki-warriors, beyond his desire to kill them?))

Should probably answer this before I do the turn. He'd know what their starting equipment and powers are, but is not omniscient to anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 63