Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (Currently Recruiting!)  (Read 74705 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2018, 08:52:14 am »

”I’m starting to think these shotguns are for breaking stuff”
has it been three turns yet? If so, from a distance, shoot Mycroft, pumping lots of lead because apparently everyone can dodge buckshot. If not, just hide in the library.
Also, what button are you talking about? The one on the screwdriver?

The button on the detonator to the suicide vest.

Throw me back into the waitlist.

Will do!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2018, 08:56:48 am »

Ride the train into the city, bailing out right before I crash it into the library!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Hotfire90

« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2018, 09:09:22 am »

Fly the Tardis to the nearest bank and use the sonic screwdriver on some ATMs in order to gain some money. If I still have time, go to a gunshop and buy a shotgun, a pistol and some spare ammo.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2018, 09:38:01 am »

So who is even still at the school? Also was that first blood? Am I the first person to kill a player?

One final thing, am I right to assume that using my Stand still counts as a 1v1 fight?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:58:56 am by Failbird105 »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2018, 09:41:27 am »

And so, Helvar waited until the armed guards started wandering about away from the slayer before he did his plan and threw and axe at the slayer before embedding another one and a sword into him up close and personal.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2018, 09:57:54 am »

So who is even still at the school? Also was that first blood? Am I the first person to kill a player?

School Proper: You and King Zultan

School's Parking Lot: piratejoe, Rockeater, and NRDL

City: FallacyofUrist, Leodanny, Tamer Virus

TARDIS: Hotfire

And yes, you drew first blood.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2018, 11:45:44 am »

"Great. Alright."

Freaking shotgun guy. Grab some markers from the library(using bribes if necessary). Take Brewer's picture, freezing him in time. While he's frozen, use the markers to color his frozen wide open eyes black, rendering him blind. Anyone who tries to kill me gets bribed. If possible, freeze Rhonda too. She doesn't deserve to die, and while I don't know medicine, I can give her more time.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2018, 11:56:15 am »

"Alright, shit, we need to get you some medical attention."

See if we can't find a way to at least stop Lorillard from bleeding out

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2018, 05:50:05 pm »

Still saying concealed, summon an army of snails to attack the Doomslayer.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2018, 08:22:21 pm »

One final thing, am I right to assume that using my Stand still counts as a 1v1 fight?

Yep! Like all Stands, King Crimson is just a manifestation of your own fighting spirit. So, using your Stand will still count towards 1v1.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2018, 02:08:40 pm »

Chapter I: The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part IV: Depression and Violence
Goddard College Campus, Seattle, Washington
Late Morning, Clear Skies, 8/23/2020

With the body of a fish and the mind and spirit of a human, finding a PA system in the school should be fine. Easy. But Genevieve underestimates how labyrinthine an unfamiliar location can be, and thus must actively search for it. [5] She gets on the right track. A map of the campus is found discarded amongst the dropped affectations of the student body in the midst of the chaos. It shows that the announcement room is *somewhere* on the third floor. Shouldn't be too difficult to find now. Genevieve swims up the stairs and looks again, [5] but none of the rooms have labeling. She'll find it at some time soon. [1 Turn]

By now, the lack of pain doesn't stop the mind of the enigmatic Doom Slayer from wandering, his vision slowly losing color as he feels slightly faint. Turning to the officers, he points to his wounds, each in separate places. One of the officers, a 6'4" dude with brown hair apparently named "Henry", says "Roger that, sir," and grabs a medkit from the back of their truck. [Medicine Roll: 3+2 (Field Training)] He manages to stop the bleeding, meaning the Doom Slayer won't bleed out. But seeing his body in bandages, crimson blood on white gauze, makes his adrenaline fade slightly. [-1 to all rolls until healed fully: Dull Pain] With a groan, he looks around the truck for armoring [1] but finds a lack of...anything. Armor, ammo, guns, medkits. The six SWAT Team members all carry them, and they didn't pack spares. Meanwhile, inside, Jill leaves the computer lab to find a safe space [7] and manages to duck inside a broom closet nearby.

Bemusement matches bewilderment as Brewer hops out of his shiny new sports car. He searches over the wreckage and the exterior of the library, whistling as he looks about the place. When he sees Rhonda laying there, choking on her own blood, he pauses and inspects his Super 90. "I’m starting to think these shotguns are for breaking stuff" he notes, before following Mycroft into the library. Knowing the terms of their agreement, Brewer looks at the clock. Just a few more minutes. In the meanwhile, he looks around the library, trying to find a place to hide before Mycroft notices him. [3] He hides behind a bookshelf, unaware he's visible in the corner of Mycroft's eye. He still removes his suicide vest, however, placing it on the ground next to him and waiting.

Unbeknownst to both of them, Jimmy Simpson is right on the trail. Riding a train through town like it was open fields for miles, he angles the engine straight for the library, and crashes right into it with a heavy thud! [Safety: 1] And he's immediately thrown from the vehicle through the library, [Injuries: 8+2 (Speed and Distance)] slamming against a wall with another loud impact. He is not killed instantly in the impact, but he feels a pressure in his chest. Building slowly. Blood lets loose from his mouth as he sees his right arm dangling from the elbow down. He turns his head, [10 v 10] [5 v 4] spotting Brewer first, standing there baffled but unharmed as the bookcase he was behind topples in front of him. He then turns again to Mycroft, and spots his getting up, cuts and bruises lining his face and hands from debris.

Meanwhile, in another dimension transcendent to our own, The Fifth Doctor flies around the control room, dancing across panels, switches, and wibbly levers as he makes his destination. Romana sits there, quietly, until asking "Doctor? Whatever happened to "violence is never the answer?". He turns to her, and smiles as he both says "Not the biggest fan either. But we have to adapt." and flips the last switch. A "vroosh" crashes it's way through the control room, shaking the whole TARDIS. When it stops and the Doctor opens the door, their exciting expedition lead them to...an ATM. [Hacking: 4+2 (Sonic Screwdriver)] An ATM which gave them only just enough money for the Doctor's plan. To that end, they re-enter the TARDIS, and dive on in to a local Gun & Pawn shop. The man at the counter is an aging, scruffy individual with white hair and an eyepatch. The Doctor provides the money, and using the Psychic Paper he nabbed in the TARDIS [Psychic Paper Obtained], he tricks the man with little fuss. The man brings out a shotgun, the five-round pump-action Ithaca 37, as well as a pistol. According to him, this pistol, the seven-round carrying IMI Desert Eagle, is quite literally a brand new haul and should be handled with care. He gives him enough spare ammo for two reloads [Ten Shells and Two Spare Magazines), which takes up every penny taken from the ATM.

Stalking the SWAT party is none other than Helvar, the Viking Berskerer. His plan is in motion. All he needs to do is wait for the SWAT Team to begin splitting off. Which they do, not spotting him as they go [Distance: 4] only far enough away to not immediately turn around and shoot him. Satisfied, Helvar pulls out his axe, and throws it straight at the Doom Slayer, [1 v 8] who then promptly catches the thrown weapon and chucks it right back. [1-1 v 9] It, however, is a slippery devil. Doing so not only makes him miss, but increases the pain by straining his muscles. [An Additional -1 to next roll]. Helvar then pulls out his Stoor Worm Sword and, with his other axe, charges the Doom Slayer. [2 v 2-2] [6 v 3-1] The biggest and most obvious threat, the Stoor Worm sword, is dodged by the Doom Slayer with a sidestep. Helvar, however, then goes in with the axe, slicing a vicious slash across his belly. Blood spews out, and while it's not enough to immediately put him back in the danger zone, it only adds to the pain. [-2 until Healed]

As he slowly rises up from the wreckage, the cut-up Mycroft looks around the place. There's that vagrant again. Brewer, his name was. He then spots the broken mess of one Jimmy Simpson, his right arm snapped apart at the elbow as blood drips from his mouth and down his hairline. Rolling his eyes, Mycroft remarks "Great. Alright." before going into action. Stealing some markers, he slips out his camera and takes a picture before Brewer can respond, stunning him into a single moment in time. Mycroft strolls over, and looks into his wide-open eyes. [8 v Frozen] Pulling out the markers, Mycroft draws into Brewer's eyes. The still conscious Brewer can only wish he could scream as his vision fades ever slowly away. Nodding, Mycroft strolls back out of the library, and snaps a pic of Rhonda, stopping time for her. [Time: 1] But it's too late. In the midst of the chaos, her heart simply stopped beating. The moment he stopped Rhonda Harland in is the moment her eyes closed for good.

After spotting King Crimson, Frances immediately goes to take care of Lorillard, who simply looks...pale. In a bad way. Robert Tiviaev stands nearby, [Supplies: 1] finding nothing of note. No bandages, gauze, painkillers, or the like. This does not stop Frances, however. [Ingenuity: 8] Tearing off a strip of her shirt, she creates a make-shift bandage for Lorillard. [Medical: 9] And it actually works! Wrapped around his head, his bleeding ceasing, Lorillard smiles and gives Frances a friendly salute.

While all of that goes on, Agent 47 watches carefully, noting the new injury. A strategy forms in his head. He holds his hand out, and begins summoning. From nowhere anyone else can see, a grouping of snails approaches the Doom Slayer, slowly crawling up his leg and to the open wound. [Effectiveness: 8] As soon as they touch bare, bleeding flesh, the Doom Slayer howls out, the snails' collective fluids pooling against the wound. [Pain Management: 6] His pain doesn't get any worse, but he still leans against the truck, clenching his fists violently as the cause him utter agony.

The SWAT Team doesn't make it far enough to spot any Wiki-Warriors yet, merely evacuating civilians as they patrol the perimeter.

BSN: Accurate Part name, if I do say so myself.

It's mainly the luck of the dice that determined the tone. I'm not sad or depressed...at the moment, so my influence was mainly writing things up.

Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2018, 02:20:59 pm »

"Ah. What a shame. I'll make sure your family is cared for. Now then."

"As for you brutes... I don't think you're going to enjoy this."

((Clarification: does my single moment ability stop time only for the turn in which it was used, or for the turn after too?))
((Turn after too? Great.))

Say cheese, Jimmy! Once he's frozen, first give him the marker treatment. Once that's done, for good measure get a roll of duct tape(bribing if neccessary) and wrap both Jimmy and Brewer's heads and hands with it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:33:35 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2018, 02:27:08 pm »

"Ah. What a shame. I'll make sure your family is cared for. Now then."

"As for you brutes... I don't think you're going to enjoy this."

((Clarification: does my single moment ability stop time only for the turn in which it was used, or for the turn after too?))

Hmm...that is something I myself was wondering while typing it up.

It says "For a whole turn", that's how I phrased it. For the rest of a turn is not the same as a whole turn. Ergo, it's most likely for the turn after, as well.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2018, 02:29:29 pm »

Shoot flames at Helvar , turn into a raven and fly to the nearest hospital
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:31:01 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2018, 02:30:25 pm »

Gluh. Didn't think that one through.

Attempt to heal myself by decapitating people in the library. Civilians, Wiki-Warriors, any shall do!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 63