Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63]

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 77324 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #930 on: December 31, 2022, 09:31:01 am »

((It's fine, take your time, do you have a date for the update or anything tho?))

I don't like nailing exact dates, I almost always underestimate it. Sometime this week, hopefully!

Never listen to me when I mention dates unless they are romantic. Or romantic-adjacent.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How about this bad boy?

I already have it saved! No worries, I'll add it to the OP soon.

Speaking of, sorry! I think you know the reasons. Anyway, I don't work on Holidays, so after tomorrow, start looking forward to something!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 01, 2023, 03:34:24 am »

Huzza!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 04, 2023, 12:25:01 am »

Sorry for the lack of updates! Turns out, January was packed. And then I got sick. I'm still a little stuffy and cough-y. I do still want to continue this, and I hope you'll join me in it, it might just take a little longer. I kinda got blindsided by some activity elsewhere.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (Currently Recruiting!)
« Reply #933 on: March 26, 2023, 12:18:48 pm »

Turn progress is certainly going, but in the time between posts, I had an idea:

I'm adding two new mechanics to this, Valhalla, and any other Wiki-Warfares I produce in the future!

Quests and Random Encounters.
Quests are self-explanatory: they are global world events with an objective that, when completed, will give the winning player(s) an article and, in score-based gamemodes, a point.

Previously, encounters during a match were dictated by Spot Checks, Additional character sheet details, and storyline consequences. While all three still exist, I am adding the idea of Random Encounters. Per my whims and a dice roll, you will be able to run into NPCs, weapon caches, events of intrigue, abandoned mounts and vehicles, and more! Some of these may even create Quests for additional bonuses!

Let me know what you think! :)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 28, 2023, 01:58:08 am »

Quests seem fun. For Random Encounters, throwing them in only if there's a lack of action or an impasse, or people are nowhere near each other.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 28, 2023, 02:49:45 pm »

((If it won't affect the update speed I'd be okay with it))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 28, 2023, 03:47:19 pm »

((If it won't affect the update speed I'd be okay with it))

It will not! It's another thing to add, but it should be both quick and enriching.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 29, 2023, 01:24:54 am »

I like the sound of more features being added to the game.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 29, 2023, 01:18:39 pm »

I do too, I probably will have more time to play this time, since I have noting else to do most of the time

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 27, 2023, 07:04:46 pm »

Thank you all so much for your patience! The turn is still a bit away, but I'm definitely going to be working on it soon!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 08, 2024, 04:28:17 pm »

I'm not even going to pretend this didn't die. I will apologize, however, because it was all on me. My ADHD essentially crippled my creative flow for a few months and between that, the holidays, and burnout from trying to run two other games to try and recoup some juice for this, I essentially left Bay12 behind for a while.

I am back now, though, and have a brand new Wiki-Warfare! If you had fun playing this, please check this new one out. It's set in (basically) the same setting as this one.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63]