Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 77367 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2018, 07:02:35 am »

hmm, not really sure on the multiple sub-wikis thing, at least not at starting. Having all your articles from the same wiki(at least at first) brings more opportunity for them to work well together. Though I totally agree with getting different sub-wikis for killing, frankly it's such a logical idea that I already assumed that was how it worked.

also
Well, he's down now, point blank to the head, lets see if we can finish him off for the bonus.

Your input's appreciated. Thanks, dude! So...yeah, really should've been like that. In fact, that actually may very well be what it was really from. PirateJoe once got a Warhammer 40K weapon in a match with Touhou Project articles at start. But now it's confirmed to be the case. Explicitly.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2018, 07:11:43 am »

Looks at own wiki war
Starting with different sub-wikis is fiiiiiinnneeeee
Sure you have characters with gross power imbalance or with useless items but isn't that the fun of it?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2018, 07:15:34 am »

Looks at own wiki war
Starting with different sub-wikis is fiiiiiinnneeeee
Sure you have characters with gross power imbalance or with useless items but isn't that the fun of it?

Also a fantastic point there.

Hmm...I could give a certain number of players two or more sub-wikis next match as an experiment, and if it works out well, then the amount of subwikis included can be rolled up in addition to number of subwiki articles and position of articles at the start of every match.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2018, 07:29:38 am »

Yeah I suppose that would work. Maybe let people opt into it instead of forcing it on a random few. Also you're probably going to have to roll for how many sub-wikis they get after rolling for number of articles, just so you don't wind up with them getting like, five subwikis, but only one article.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2018, 07:51:16 am »

>Throw a tomahawk at Frances, before teleporting behind her while unsheathing my sword, only to create many lacerations on her body.
it's over

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2018, 05:40:00 pm »

Despite not being a hunter, Helvar would certainly try to track down the so called doom slayer who so bravely ran away, they wanted to find them, and after they planned to throw the spare axe at them, and then hack them to bits with both axe and sword.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2018, 06:22:52 pm »

In the waitlist

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2018, 11:48:45 am »

In the waitlist

Yep, yep.

Bumping for Fallacy and Leodanny.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2018, 07:53:14 pm »

"Where to? Far away from here. I'm not interested in being killed by those maniacs. Perhaps a library?"

Get to a library, tip the driver generously, then use the library computers to look for mercenary organizations. Should be an automatic success, but if not, use my Journalism and Detective Work bonuses to find them. Then basically hire myself a private army.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2018, 01:11:07 am »

”don’t leave! I had a whole one liner for when we ran them!”
Shoot Jimmy, Switch seats, drive while firing my shotguns at the Uber’s tires.
Sorry, didn’t realize a turn had gone by.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2018, 05:41:26 am »

Chapter I: The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part III: A Backup Plan
Goddard College Campus, Seattle, Washington
Late Morning, Clear Skies, 8/23/2020

Blood drips upon quiet streets as police sirens blare and civilians watch on. The Doom Slayer ignores all stimuli, walking with purpose in spite of his wounds and just waiting for a good time to strike. And as luck would have it, that's precisely when he sees the fruits of his labor arrive. A SWAT van comes down the street at the sidewalk he's on, consisting of six highly trained and armed officers ready to help. Rather than simply holding out a thumb or walking front of them, he instead tails behind them and holds his hand out [6+2 (Strength)] and grabs the handles on the back of the truck as it rolls past. The car is stopped. When they get out, they immediately spot the Doom Slayer. He can see their guns and arms shake as their skin lightens up from the shock. He climbs in the back as they keep driving. Meanwhile, still at the school, Jill continues her hacking by next going to the military. [10+2] And it works. The other nine are the priority targets of the Military. And not just the US Military. While the US confirms involvement of as many units as they can, unbeknownst to everyone, the Canadian Armed Forces also begin clamoring about. It'll take a ton of time for even a single soldier to arrive (10 Turns), but they're coming with an armada.

[6+2 (Stealth Bonus)] But watching from the shadows in the city, having followed the blood trails down the street, is the scarecrow clad Agent 47. He watches the Doom Slayer get in the truck through very aggressive means before speeding off, and 47 stealthily follows them. [5+2 (Stealth)] It's a bit harder to sneak around when it comes to a moving car, but if they can't see a scarecrow, they won't wonder why one's in a city. Without them being the wiser, they park a ways away from the city, and pile out. [6+2 (Stealth)] And 47 keeps working his magic. They park in the school's parking lot, away from the courtyard. The six officers pile out, followed by the Doom Slayer, and 47 can hear the talkative of the group begin passing about ideas to their silent vigil.

The Fifth Doctor starts his tenure off with a bit of cleverness. He sees the high speed chase go down, his eyes flicking to the detonater and declaration from the vagrant Brewer, as he gains a bit of an idea. He points his Sonic Screwdriver at Jimmy Simpson's sports car, and flicks it on. [2+2 (Cleverness)] But the sheer speed of it all sends a weak signal, and Brewer's bomb vest doesn't explode. But it is primed. Even tapping that button will set it off. Satisfied, the Doctor brings Romana into the TARDIS, closing and locking the door behind them.

The message is clear. Pedal to the medal. Jimmy begins chasing after Mycroft in a high-speed chase, only vaguely aware of a brief-lasting chirping before he continues on. But this vagrant...he gains an idea. Summoning a train next to him, already rolling down the street with no rails, he opens his car door and leaps for the thing! [8+2 (Proximity)] He passes with flying colors, gripping onto the train car with ease. He turns back to see his sports car begin to swivel and slide. [4] But it doesn't crash. It doesn't stop. It's not controlled, but it's going. And he can see Brewer begin to pull out his shotgun through the glass...

As Frances' heart begins relaxing after the sudden turn of adrenaline, she realizes the precarious state Noob's in. On his knees, purple blood staining his clothes. She pulls out her Lee-Enfield and presses the barrel against Noob's skull. [2+2 (Shooting Bonus)+2 (Point Blank) v 4] He manages to grab it and hoist it up just in time, however, as the bullet instead slams through his cheek. He screeches out in pain as Lorillard takes a crack at it. [8+2 (Point Blank) v 1] Coming up from behind, Lorillard places a hand on Noob's shoulder to angle the shot right. Barrel at the temple. And...a loud crack shines through as Noob's blood and brain matter splatters against the grass. Other than a bit of agonal breathing, he makes no other noise as, unlike in a movie where the guy makes a final grand gesture, he instead just topples over, dead.
Lorillard secured Frances's kill! Frances gets:
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Diavolo: +Stand: King Crimson & Epitaph (Using Epitaph, which uses up all actions in the turn, Frances can see how fate unfolds over the next ten seconds. Then, on the next turn, she can use King Crimson to skip time, making all attacks against her miss. Cannot be used excessively or consecutively, and she is vulnerable while using Epitaph. In addition, King Crimson can be used to fight, with a +2 to Strength simply due to immense physical power.)

Frances suddenly feels a power well up inside her. In front of her, a figure appears. With a grimacing face on the forehead of it's true, still grimacing visage, her Stand rises up. Tall. Powerful. It's name is King Crimson. And with it, it is only the results that remain in this world. All the actions you take in a world where time is erased are meaningless!

Shying away from the violence, Genevieve decides to take another course of action. Using her powers, she transforms into a Barracuda, and swims into the college's main building. Students shy away from her in return, as in this visage, she is...well, a hovering sharp-toothed fish in a conflict involving more death and destruction that is apparent.

While not a hunter, Helvar, instead of running, elected to track the Doom Slayer down. [7] He gets a bead on his direction when he sees them trail off down a road that, now, presents a SWAT truck. It ignores him, piling into a parking lot. And who else should show up with the six officers than the Doom Slayer? Helvar feels no cowardice upon seeing the armed officers, and begins concocting a plan. Pulling out his three weapons, he waits for the right moment to strike.

In the city, Mycroft and his driver, who he now knows is named Rhonda, are chased through by Brewer. He remembers the question and suggests "Where to? Far away from here. I'm not interested in being killed by those maniacs. Perhaps a library?", just as a blast from a shotgun startles Rhonda. She keeps driving as Mycroft sees Brewer [7] gain control of the race car, before leaning out of the window with the same Super 90. Not at Mycrof proper. That'd breach conduct. No, he shoots at the tires. [7 v 3] The blast slams through a tire, sending the car screeching [Recover: 2] and swerving. They crash hard into a lamppost. [Medical: 8, and Medical: 2] Miraculously, Mycroft himself only has cuts and bruises. He's a bit winded, but fine. Rhonda, however, is not. Bits of glass and metal is stabbed into her chest, stomach, arms, and legs, with her right arm broken at the elbow to where the bone is sticking out. Her head lays on the dashboard, luckily not separated from her body, as she turns to Mycroft with hazy eyes and dribbles blood from her mouth onto the dashboard. [Distance: 8] Luckily, the library is close by. Mycroft rushes to it, and immediately heads for a computer. [6+2 (Journalism)+2 (Detective Work)] He immediately finds a crack team of mercenaries, the Rwandan Monarchy, and hires them. They'll arrive [Time: 6] within an hour or so. (Three Turns)

And before and during all of this, there's Brewer. He starts off by aiming a shotgun through the window at the traitor Jimmy Simpson. [6 v 7] He destroys the glass on the driver's side, but the pellets miss Jimmy, crashing into the train. Groaning, he shifts to the driver seat. After a second of panic, he manages to get a grip on driving this death trap, and leans out of the window. One shot later, and Mycroft's car is sent crashing. Brewer puts it in park and watches Mycroft leave.

BSN: Eventful! Oh, and a powerful Stand. What a twist.

@0cra_Tr0per: As always, the waitlist is open if you'd like to come back for Chapter II

@piratejoe: If you wanted to actually do your plan now, I do apologize. Your action only said plan, so I interperted it.

Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 12:44:06 am by Greatness942 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2018, 06:07:04 am »

Go find a PA system of some kind then sing into it to convince everyone to get a weapon and attack the SWAT team and the police.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2018, 06:17:18 am »

I point to the wound and attempt to take some armour, Jill find a safe spot in the school
And I think you didn't update the time my BFG doesn't work from the start
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:48:17 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2018, 06:49:28 am »

Throw me back into the waitlist.
it's over

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2018, 08:40:06 am »

”I’m starting to think these shotguns are for breaking stuff”
has it been three turns yet? If so, from a distance(so I don’t get bribed or frozen), shoot Mycroft, pumping lots of lead because apparently everyone can dodge buckshot. If not, just hide in the library, and take off the vest.
Also, what button are you talking about? The one on the screwdriver?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:10:39 pm by Leodanny »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 63