Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Death Roller - The Race For Our Survival RTD  (Read 765 times)

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Death Roller - The Race For Our Survival RTD
« on: August 28, 2018, 09:30:46 pm »

Hello folks, It's Lovefool again, just call me Fool for short. Welcome to Death Roller, an idea I've had in my head for almost a year now.

Before I put in some plot shenanigans, I figured I'd cover the base rules for this RTD.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Alright, now that rules are out of the way, let's move into plot.

DEATH ROLLER

The year is 2XXX, and after decades of governmental infighting and resource wars, the world was brought to total nuclear collapse. Millions were slaughtered by the heat of the atom, leaving behind an Earth of ash and bone. It was a time of mass chaos for those who had survived. For many long days and nights, blood filled the streets, ingraining into the soil of man itself. Eventually, groups of survivors who had either moved on from their wretched ways, or actively fought against the evils would unite into small communities. You are a member of one of these communions, and on one fateful day, the village chief confronts you about the decline in the food supply. They show you a message delivered from an unknown individual.

"Hello, children of the ash. I have come to deliver you from the murky wastes of this planet, and give you chance to enter paradise. As you have most definitely noticed, your food supply is waning, and these cute little tribes you've developed will soon break back down to the degradation you knew before. Ah, but you wouldn't want that to happen, would you? No, no, no, that wouldn't be good for anyone. So I, the great Usotsuki, humbly ask of you to send the most interesting person of your communion to Toronto to participate in a race, a great race to determine the fate of the human race. Oooh, I used race three times in that sentence, good one on my part. Anyways, send down your interesting person, and if they can gather 5 keys from any of the 15 cities I have marked on this map, and arrive in Yokohama, Japan, I will give their village a lifetime supply of food and seed to keep your community thriving for the rest of the time we have until the next nuclear holocaust. The rules are simple, you need a vehicle to drive, and to be a living being, because if you aren't alive... well, what's the point?! Hahahaha!! Anyways, I hope you all arrive safely, and have a great race. G'bye!"

Your chief believes this is the only way for the village to survive, and you make your way to Toronto to begin your race, and discover your fate.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

The race will be starting in Round 2, so Round 1 is dedicated to you establishing yourselves. Have fun, and I'll update either tomorrow or Thursday!

Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

SML6

• Bay Watcher
  • [Tap to add text]
    • View Profile
Re: Death Roller - The Race For Our Survival RTD
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 10:42:48 pm »

Oh, hai mark lovefool

Anyway I already said I was in on Discord so I guess I'm obligated to join

Also quick question, does the Faction Leader count as a Faction Member, meaning they get the Faction Member +1 bonus for attacking rolls alongside the +1 bonus for non-attacking rolls.
Discord: @SML6#3731

Come join the strangest server on discord, Shitchat
https://discord.gg/tnp5keD

Diaper or The Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 01:41:09 pm »

Just like SML6, I already said that I'd join on Discord, so here I am! This looks pretty rad, dude.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 02:13:05 pm »

Hand over the location of this discord.

Hi everyone I'm an Aigre and I like rolling people over while they attempt to dodge.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 06:56:51 pm »

Hi  I’m joining

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 08:39:44 pm »

Aye, gonna be delayed a day. Had to move stuff, my grandparents are moving out in a couple days. I'll make sure to update tomorrow.
Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!